That's a bit upsetting to see ALOS. One of my favourite players over my years of supporting. I'm assuming he needs the money, otherwise why might you sell such personal things. Unless you simply have no personal connections. 

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's a bit upsetting to see ALOS. One of my favourite players over my years of supporting. I'm assuming he needs the money, otherwise why might you sell such personal things. Unless you simply have no personal connections. 

He was my first 'favourite' player when I started supporting in 86. Powerful, aggressive and with a rocket of a shot. Always remember his goal to beat Liverpool 2-1.

Sad to see that things have come to this for him. Hope he's OK.

OTBC

20 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

On parr with Ashton no way Drinkell way better

Ha ha! What are you smoking? I know what Drinkell used to smoke, I had breakfast with him once before an away match in a hotel. Four fags in 30 minutes!

It seems a bit odd to me that the auctioneer didn’t split up the lots. A Norwich fan is unlikely to be interested in a Rangers or Falkirk medal and vice versa.

Only saw him "live" in a pre season friendly and had to satisfy myself with the odd goal snippet. What was he like as a player apart from his goals?

Great striker back in the day with a cracking eye for goal. Also made Rosario look halfway useful when they played alongside each other and boy, was that a tough ask.

How do we know he is selling the medals, he could have sold them years ago or had them taken off him by bailiffs when he went bankrupt.

He's been a sales executive for Mercedes Benz for 6 years apparently. 

If it isn't him it's a bit of a coincidence that the location of the seller (Perth) is where he lives and works.

Loved Drinkell. Liked a Pint and a Cigarette, but gave full value. Back in the days when Norwich City fans didn't accept relegation as a formality.  

4 minutes ago, komakino said:

Loved Drinkell. Liked a Pint and a Cigarette, but gave full value. Back in the days when Norwich City fans didn't accept relegation as a formality.  

Had a bullet of a shot and a great header of the ball. On the pint issue, wasn't his autobiography called "Drinks All Round" or something like that?

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Had a bullet of a shot and a great header of the ball. On the pint issue, wasn't his autobiography called "Drinks All Round" or something like that?

It was! Never been able to find a copy though!

He promoted his book in Norwich. I think nCIsA put on the event🙃

I seem to remember the book had a different cover for different parts of the country (Norwich, Grimsby and Rangers). I can't remember how mine has the Rangers cover but I got it that night and Drinks signed it for me.