Sign in to follow this  
pete

Was I the only one

After a deeply disappointing season the misery only goes on as my only piece of hope might have been cruelly stifled by the possibility Villa may avoid joining us.  I watched the game hoping after hop that Arsenal would score a late equaliser but alas no.  Hope springs eternal that the Villa do go down.  To do this we need Wartford (didn't spellcheck this) who have been pretty useless to pick up a point at the Emirates which may not be impossible as it seems they were pretty shot shy yesterday, and with the Cup Final on the horizon players may be loathe to get stuck in.  Bournemouth to win at Everton which may possible as they cannot earn more money from league placing play your kids.  Now West Ham can move above Brighton with win against the Villa.

Relegation will sit better provided Villa fall and will be even sweeter now they are out of bottom 3, need to get your kicks wherever you can. Come on you Hammers, Horns and Cherries never thought would even consider this make my dreams come true.

Honestly if it wasn't for Bournmouths billionare owners I would fear the domino effect for Bournmouth, even more so if Eddie leaves.

Players going, contracts cut.. We have seen it with Sunderland, Portsmouth, relegation for teams unprepared can be tough 

Couldn't care less who comes down. The only way I might view things is that Watford and Bournemouth would be perceived as less of a challenge than Villa and West Ham, in the Championship.

But having seen Stoke and Sunderland wobble then its no guarantee they would challenge.

I've already posted that I would love for Villa to go down. 

Weirdly I'd now be more upset if they survive than I am by the fact we have been relegated (given that 's been on the horizon for some time and confirmed a while ago).

Living in the Midlands I am surrounded by Villa fans who as a bunch are quite obnoxious and full of their own importance (no wonder Lambert went there!).

I was gutted about last nights result but am now praying for the possible joy of them being out of the bottom 3 at the start of Sunday but being relegated by the end of it!

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Watford and Bournemouth will be backed financial more in their attempt to bounce back, I would suggest.

Not sure about that. Bournemouth allegedly owe tens of millions on outstanding transfer fees and Watford's owners may not have pockets (or willingness) deep enough to make a decent fist of promotion first time round. Villa and West Ham are significantly bigger clubs and I feel they would have been far more of a threat. At the end of the day Bournemouth are a Third Division club who have massively overachieved and done incredibly well over last five years but that run is over. I think they will fall away and could easily go straight through the Chumpionship in the downward direction. Villa are obnoxious for sure but not on the scale of Watford's owners who deserve everything they will hopefully get on Sunday!