Icecream Snow

Przemyslaw Placheta Signs

On 23/07/2020 at 10:10, Il Pirata said:

Its impossible to predict, it's the Championship after all. 

But a decent point is made regarding Idah & Placheta, they are completely unproven. New signing syndrome appears to be a condition that results in irrationally high expectations. 

Fancy named, new signing, foreigner = Straight in the side,  we're going to win the League. 

I think a large dose of reality is needed. No way we can 'expect' to do well with Idah, Plancheta, Sorenson, Mcallum, Siti, Sinani… we can hope and support, but for now if those players are being thrust into the first eleven we can't have any expectations. They are totally unproven and the majority of fans have no idea of their ability. Webber's track record of transfers is also indifferent. 

On paper, they look like exciting prospects. But lets not put them under unnecessary pressure. These signings look like the start of a big squad overhaul this summer, so a season of flux might well be a more realistic expectation.

If pushed for a prediction, I would say teams like Middlesbrough and Stoke could well be better equipped than us this season. Especially early on. They've blooded some youngsters and got some structured sorted during the last season, despite struggles. I expect them to hit the ground running this season and be much improved. 

Of course you could be right but it does amaze me that a Norwich fan having seen our structure and what we do, albeit having just been relegated, conversely believes that two teams who struggled last season in the division below are likely to 'hit the ground running'

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Of course you could be right but it does amaze me that a Norwich fan having seen our structure and what we do, albeit having just been relegated, conversely believes that two teams who struggled last season in the division below are likely to 'hit the ground running'

I can understand Middlesbrough with Colin in charge but stoke I don’t get.

1 hour ago, Justin time said:

I can understand Middlesbrough with Colin in charge but stoke I don’t get.

You could be right  ,I thought Brentford would go up , what do I know.

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well, my prediction is based on the logic they've just gone through their 'flux' period, and have a settled side with two decent managers. Stoke in particular finished strongly last season - so yeah, I see them hitting the ground running. I don't quite understand your statement that its a converse idea? Despite our structure, it is very realistic to expect that an overhaul of playing staff will require a period of transition, which easily could lead to a season of indifferent results. 

Of course our overhaul may not be that severe. 

You seem to be amazed quite often.. I think you have a very (delusional) defined set of parameters to be a 'Norwich fan.' If you accept fellow fans can judge their own side both positively and negatively, whilst praising other clubs where praise is due, and generally just comment on football with out permanently wearing yellow and green glasses, then these 'amazing' moments would come around less often. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Well, my prediction is based on the logic they've just gone through their 'flux' period, and have a settled side with two decent managers. Stoke in particular finished strongly last season - so yeah, I see them hitting the ground running. I don't quite understand your statement that its a converse idea? Despite our structure, it is very realistic to expect that an overhaul of playing staff will require a period of transition, which easily could lead to a season of indifferent results. 

Of course our overhaul may not be that severe. 

You seem to be amazed quite often.. I think you have a very (delusional) defined set of parameters to be a 'Norwich fan.' If you accept fellow fans can judge their own side both positively and negatively, whilst praising other clubs where praise is due, and generally just comment on football with out permanently wearing yellow and green glasses, then these 'amazing' moments would come around less often. 

I haven't set or defined any paramaters to be a Norwich fan so good try.

I don't deny your period of transition. I never argued that.

If you could try not spouting essentially the 'happy clapper' nonsense just using more words, then maybe we can have a proper conversation about it. You've tried telling me I wear everything with yellow and green glasses yet if you bothered to read my posts properly I criticise regularly. I just don't go over the top  and have the equivelant of an online hissy fit.

I was amazed because we still have a lot of the quality of our side that won this division with nearly 100 points and 100 goals, however Webber has also noted the need to freshen and make several signings to combat that. It's just to praise Stoke and Boro for apparently now having a structure, yet ours means a rebuilding season is a bit odd. I'd expect them to both have much better seasons but there's a reason why we're 3rd favourites to win the league and they're 5th, Middlesbrough are 9th, etc etc. 

• Confused 1

On 09/08/2020 at 10:11, hogesar said:

I haven't set or defined any paramaters to be a Norwich fan so good try.

I don't deny your period of transition. I never argued that.

If you could try not spouting essentially the 'happy clapper' nonsense just using more words, then maybe we can have a proper conversation about it. You've tried telling me I wear everything with yellow and green glasses yet if you bothered to read my posts properly I criticise regularly. I just don't go over the top  and have the equivelant of an online hissy fit.

I was amazed because we still have a lot of the quality of our side that won this division with nearly 100 points and 100 goals, however Webber has also noted the need to freshen and make several signings to combat that. It's just to praise Stoke and Boro for apparently now having a structure, yet ours means a rebuilding season is a bit odd. I'd expect them to both have much better seasons but there's a reason why we're 3rd favourites to win the league and they're 5th, Middlesbrough are 9th, etc etc. 

Your a very passive aggressive poster aren't you! 

Edited by Il Pirata

19 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Blimey, took you eight days to come back with that. 🤣

33 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

At least you said passive, I guess.