Icecream Snow

Przemyslaw Placheta Signs

Just now, Indy said:

No but you can guarantee if he’s a star there will be Big German Sauage with a side of Przemyslaw (Polish style coleslaw) at the Gunn Club!

GERMAN sausage?

If he's a star then there'd better bloody be Kielbasa and Slaw.

Just now, kick it off said:

GERMAN sausage?

If he's a star then there'd better bloody be Kielbasa and Slaw.

As I edited Farkefurter!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kick it off said:

That would be quite a silly nickname given that the Polish version of Peter is Piotr.

There's no direct translation to English for Przemyslaw.

Go on then, Polish Dave 🤣

Miejmy nadzieję, że odniesie sukces.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dont see why we can't play hernandez on one wing and Placenta on the other.

Would rip apart the championship 

Placenta LOL.

Looks like he favours the left wing though which is where Hernandez normally plays. I agree though it would be awesome especially with Idah through the middle and Emi behind them!

Vrancic in the middle spraying those wonderful passes hitting the space behind the defenders. It will make teams think twice about pressing high up with such a potent outlet.

35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Vrancic in the middle spraying those wonderful passes hitting the space behind the defenders. It will make teams think twice about pressing high up with such a potent outlet.

It could be like when we had Hucks... Green catches a corner and without looking, launches it up the wing for Hucks to run on to. Was such a devastating move to have in our locker.

Dad just text me saying Placheta did 30m in 3.8 seconds. Thats not far off Olympic 100m speed over 30m (Linford Christie ran it in 3.19 for example). In the entire nfl combine (the elite college players who are moving up to nfl), the fastest anyone ran last year was a 3.82. Its really elite speed.

Fifa 20 has him faster than Sterling and Salah (he's 22nd fastest player on the game) (for what thats worth)

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

Looks like some good signings so far - we needed more speed in the team - check : we needed more height in the team - check. 

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Looks like some good signings so far - we needed more speed in the team - check : we needed more height in the team - check. 

To be fair, even when the signings resulted in being duffs, they were targeted. Needed a striker to replace Oliviera so Pukki came in. We were crying out for a defensive midfielder at the start of this season so Amadou was chosen. Shame that loan didn't work out - but the intent was there. Got another keeper in on loan, but it seemed to fire up Krul and bring him back to his best.

They seem pretty good at identifying what's needed. Getting them in at terms that don't bleed us dry is harder, but this is promising. I still want to see a centre-half or two though, but a lot is also going to depend on who leaves.

• Like 1

Polish FA scout says he can play right wing.

Onel has played on the right before Im sure. We're going to be looking to be one of the dominant teams in the division this upcoming season and on the attack much of the time. While I wouldnt want to play both Onel and PeePee in the same side in the Prem, I dont see why we couldnt in the Championship.

If we keep Onel, and Im hopeful we will, then we would have the option of playing them inverted with overlapping full backs, or as conventional wingers when perhaps we want the full backs to defend a bit more. In my head that sounds pretty tasty.

If we kept Buendia or Cantwell, either of them would do well in the middle, or even a return to Stiepermann in the middle

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

It could be like when we had Hucks... Green catches a corner and without looking, launches it up the wing for Hucks to run on to. Was such a devastating move to have in our locker.

Dad just text me saying Placheta did 30m in 3.8 seconds. Thats not far off Olympic 100m speed over 30m (Linford Christie ran it in 3.19 for example). In the entire nfl combine (the elite college players who are moving up to nfl), the fastest anyone ran last year was a 3.82. Its really elite speed.

Fifa 20 has him faster than Sterling and Salah (he's 22nd fastest player on the game) (for what thats worth)

I believe the 30m in 3.8 seconds isn't from a standing start though, but his fastest sprint time - so he was probably already jogging when it started. Not to say he isn't fantastically fast though - which he clearly is.

• Like 1

Usain Bolt runs fast but when he arrives at his end mark he can just have a little giggle and a wave at the fans.

His pace wasn't enough to get him a contract to play football when he tried. 

Let's not put to much on Płacheta until we see him actually doing something with the ball once he comes off a fast run. We have to accept that current tactics will have him sprinting to the edge of the area, cutting inside and then passing back to Rupp who will knock it back to Krul to 'reset'.

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Placenta LOL.

Looks like he favours the left wing though which is where Hernandez normally plays. I agree though it would be awesome especially with Idah through the middle and Emi behind them!

You're in a dreamland. 

What you've just described is not good enough to win the championship. 

Idah is totally unproven. 

Likewise polish newboy.

Hernandez blows hot and cold. 

Emi is a busted flush, he's gone.

And vrancic is 31, can't tackle, can't run, and can't keep fit. 

The delusions of some on here are incredible. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You're in a dreamland. 

What you've just described is not good enough to win Che championship. 

Likewise polish newboy.

What’s the bad news ?

19 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You're in a dreamland. 

Likewise polish newboy.

Please list the other clubs who you deem to be better equipped  for the season ahead and as things stand at the moment?

Or are you a binner and only informed about matters L. 1 (mid table?)

26 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Please list the other clubs who you deem to be better equipped  for the season ahead and as things stand at the moment?

Or are you a binner and only informed about matters L. 1 (mid table?)

Its impossible to predict, it's the Championship after all. 

But a decent point is made regarding Idah & Placheta, they are completely unproven. New signing syndrome appears to be a condition that results in irrationally high expectations. 

Fancy named, new signing, foreigner = Straight in the side,  we're going to win the League. 

I think a large dose of reality is needed. No way we can 'expect' to do well with Idah, Plancheta, Sorenson, Mcallum, Siti, Sinani… we can hope and support, but for now if those players are being thrust into the first eleven we can't have any expectations. They are totally unproven and the majority of fans have no idea of their ability. Webber's track record of transfers is also indifferent. 

On paper, they look like exciting prospects. But lets not put them under unnecessary pressure. These signings look like the start of a big squad overhaul this summer, so a season of flux might well be a more realistic expectation.

If pushed for a prediction, I would say teams like Middlesbrough and Stoke could well be better equipped than us this season. Especially early on. They've blooded some youngsters and got some structured sorted during the last season, despite struggles. I expect them to hit the ground running this season and be much improved. 

Edited by Il Pirata

Just watched the you tube on PP cannot fail to be impressed with goals, speed and technical ability.  How we managed to snare him before the eyes of the likes of Dortmund something must be wrong with him.  But 12 mins of highlights is impressive enough.  What is wrong with PP guess we will find out.  Bet he's carrying an injury thats normal for a City signing,

Good set piece delivery with both feet as well. That's another area we've been lacking.

If i was the hazard a guess at what's 'wrong' with him, ie, why he isn't already playing for a bigger club players like this can often be too fast and direct for their own good and are maybe prone to making the wrong decision when in a good area or trying to rely on their speed all the time when a better option is available. Also he's young and looks very slight to me. 

An exciting signing, but let's not put too much expectation on him too early. He's not going to be the finished article, he's stepping up hugely in quality and intensity for the Championship and he'll have to get used to our style of play and the demands of his team mates. This isn't like bringing in an experienced player in their prime who has played 200 odd games before in the top two divisions like when we signed Huckerby, this is a bit of a gamble. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Thinking about fast players, you'd probably look at Vardy.

No way is Farke going to start limping balls up for him to chase.

The proof of tre pudding will be just as much as the waistline expands ie.the cost and value for money,.

I have always been excited and somewhat positive about these  signings since the days of Drazan Musinic. How OTT was that hype?

Some clearly fail, but I remain happy with this deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

What’s the bad news ?

That when we start winning again we will be missing out on the wisdom of jerrykerry and his ilk? Or is that good news? 🤔

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Number9 said:

That said, Godfrey and Vrancic might appreciate having a speedy outlet on the wing to hit as both of them like a cross-field ball. We might even realise that for defensive set-pieces, we can leave the fastest one on half-way and just honk it down the field for them to chase (one can dream!) rather than try to play our way out every time.

You expect Farke to play Vrancic? Why is he suddenly going to do that?

It's not our view of the player, Farke has shown quite clearly how he views him. 

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You expect Farke to play Vrancic? Why is he suddenly going to do that?

It's not our view of the player, Farke has shown quite clearly how he views him. 

Not necessarily. Just showing some players who could appreciate having a speed merchant to hit from deep instead of trying to tidily work our way up the pitch every time. Could easily have mentioned a couple of other players (Klose or Zimmermann) - it really plays to the strengths of those who like diagonal cross-field balls.

That said, don't forget that Vrancic was very much a clutch player in the second-half of our Championship-winning season.

4 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You're in a dreamland. 

Likewise polish newboy.

Please do let Stuart Webber know what is required to win the Championship. I'm sure he will be 'all ears'.

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Reading this he looks promising  but his final ball / decision making is a distinct area for improvement and development.

Will Pukki still be around to develop a partnership? I'm hopeful.

On 23/07/2020 at 11:59, Number9 said:

We did that season before last  a bit,Pukki and the  other forwards pressing often turned the ball over to us. It wouldn't  work as well in the prem as the defenders and gk are usually  better equipped to deal with our press. We are playing in a division lower again and may well use it as a tactic in the right circumstances.  Hadn't realised  Farke had a limp .

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We did that season before last  a bit,Pukki and the  other forwards pressing often turned the ball over to us. It wouldn't  work as well in the prem as the defenders and gk are usually  better equipped to deal with our press. We are playing in a division lower again and may well use it as a tactic in the right circumstances.  Hadn't realised  Farke had a limp .

He's proper limp, but in these days of inclusion etc we're not allowed to mention it.