Icecream Snow

Przemyslaw Placheta Signs

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah looks good on the video. He seems to have more of an end product than Hernandez and could be stiff competition for him!

Dont see why we can't play hernandez on one wing and Placenta on the other.

Would rip apart the championship 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sounds promising - as ever we need to give him a bit of time and wait to see what he can do; hopefully he’s more of an Eadie than a De Waard!

He's the 'Polish Huckerby'. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dont see why we can't play hernandez on one wing and Placenta on the other.

Would rip apart the championship 

With Buendia through the middle. Yes please. 

He also has a bit of physicality which we know is needed to get the ball back.

I love getting in signings early, we need any signing to settle get used to the style and build a rapport and cohesion with the guys.

We also need 'greedy' and players who are showing confidence, some of the goals are half chances in those videos and we all know that in the champ you may get 2-3 half chances as a midfielder so with confidence you can take them. The prem you get 1 chance and you have to strike the ball first time, many of our players took a touch too many. You have to snap at chances, in the champ you get more chances and more time, so get confidence early and it can lead to a good season if a few players get on these runs.

Keep the new signings coming in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Cheap as chips again, where has all the money gone?

Would you have been happier if he had cost the club 27 mill instead of 2.7 mill?...considering Wroclaw only bought him for 60 thou  just 12 months ago, i would not say he is cheap as chips.

Add this guy to Sorensen and also Sinani, Sitti and McCallum who we have yet to see play for us and already there's a decent amount of freash faces around the club. SW sure doesnt sit on his laurels, its awesome how he gets new guys in so fast, even before some of the potential big money sales depart. Looking forward to see how they all get on with us.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Annuvva Terry Enry in ee

Would 'Przemak' get away with this I wonder. No VAR next year!

Thierry Henry's handball a subject that will not go away

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, that's about right. I think we'll stick to calling him PP. (His first name's not that difficult if you know how to pronounce the city Wroclaw correctly, it's that l with a slash which causes some trouble as it's pronounced like a "w").

This may sound counter-intuitive, but I think this might help the defence a little. Placheta on one side, Hernandez on the other, not so much need for a full-back to hit the overlap and be as exposed. Not to mention on defensive set-pieces, leave one of those two, or even both on the halfway line and just honk a big clearance as far as possible into open space with the aim of getting them to run on it.

And yes, some genuine pace is an asset lacking throughout the team. Buendia is nippy rather than fast.

PeePee..

I like it...

How does Brexit affect this transfer window? We have left the EU, but are still in transition until January. So free movement ends in January?

Presumably there wont be a problem with permits for players here prior to January?

Personally I think football should be an exemption from work permits anyway. Unique situation

8 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

How does Brexit affect this transfer window? We have left the EU, but are still in transition until January. So free movement ends in January?

Presumably there wont be a problem with permits for players here prior to January?

Personally I think football should be an exemption from work permits anyway. Unique situation

Pretty sure the work permit thing was sorted out ages ago.

SOURCE; cant provide one just going from memory I could be wrong here

49 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

With Buendia through the middle. Yes please. 

And a Idah up top, that’s enough to scare the bejesus outmost championship defences!

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One of the fastest wingers around (apparently the fastest player in the Polish league) so i cant wait to see what he can do, pretty much Adama Traore without muscle 

Hernandez on one wing and him on the other will tear the Championship apart

With our current way of defending we'll need to tear teams apart in order to get a result...

48 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

He's left footed, so is he a replacement for Onel? I cant imagine Onel has too many suitors, didnt get chance to show much this year. Onel is right footed, could he adapt to playing on the right?

Why would he be? 

Who else plays on the left? 

Oh yes. Cantwell. 

Do keep up. 

Just now, Jerrykerry said:

Why would he be? 

Who else plays on the left? 

Oh yes. Cantwell. 

Do keep up. 

What club you think cantwells on his way too? Arsenal? Lecister? Forest Green Rovers?

Only time will tell but on the face of it a young up and coming player with pace which is always an asset in any division. I do not see him as a replacement for anyone in our current squad more another option and strength in depth, could be a good outlet away from home. It may take him a while to adapt to English football so do not judge him too early, i am sure Farke will give him early opportunities

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Would 'Przemak' get away with this I wonder. No VAR next year!

Thierry Henry's handball a subject that will not go away

Sickening Paddyo, sickening. 

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just checked Michael Bailey on Twitter, £2.7m apparently. 

Not a bad price for a 22 year old with crazy pace and good potential, and one with a keen eye for goal too

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not a bad price for a 22 year old with crazy pace and good potential, and one with a keen eye for goal too

Fingers crossed we see that quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Polish Pete

That would be quite a silly nickname given that the Polish version of Peter is Piotr.

There's no direct translation to English for Przemyslaw.

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

I dont think he has to be a direct replacement for anyone. We don't have much pace in the team so adding someone quick gives us different options even if Cantwell stays.

15 minutes ago, kick it off said:

That would be quite a silly nickname given that the Polish version of Peter is Piotr.

There's no direct translation to English for Przemyslaw.

No but you can guarantee if he’s a star there will be Farkefurter (Big German Sausage) with a side of Przemyslaw (Polish style coleslaw) at the Gunn Club!

Edited by Indy