Przemyslaw Placheta Signs

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

For future reference

Shem-e-swav pwa-het-a

Nah. We'll just call him Dave

• Haha 10

36 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Tbf in Polish, male names are often shortened and 'ek' added to the end. Tomasz becomes Tomek etc- Pshemek (phonetic spelling) is a reasonable abbreviation.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kick it off said:

For future reference

Shem-e-swav pwa-het-a

It's official when Chris Goreham decides how to pronounce it. 🙂

One of the fastest wingers around (apparently the fastest player in the Polish league) so i cant wait to see what he can do, pretty much Adama Traore without muscle 

Hernandez on one wing and him on the other will tear the Championship apart

Excellent idea for a signing (cant say just great signing as i need to see him), we needed more options with regards to pace in the side. We looked like we missed that element to our squad whilst Onel was out injured, and we lack it too when he's on the bench or slowing down as games go on. Being able to have another option, especially to break the press (which we have struggled to do) is a great move. Lets hope he comes good! 

8 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Excellent idea for a signing (cant say just great signing as i need to see him), we needed more options with regards to pace in the side. We looked like we missed that element to our squad whilst Onel was out injured, and we lack it too when he's on the bench or slowing down as games go on. Being able to have another option, especially to break the press (which we have struggled to do) is a great move. Lets hope he comes good! 

Been saying all season our only player with pace is Hernandez, and that is has been a problem.

Obviously Buendia and Cantwell are very skilled and tricky players, but never been that convinced they are that fast

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

36 minutes ago, kick it off said:

For future reference

Shem-e-swav pwa-het-a

Yep, that's about right. I think we'll stick to calling him PP. (His first name's not that difficult if you know how to pronounce the city Wroclaw correctly, it's that l with a slash which causes some trouble as it's pronounced like a "w").

This may sound counter-intuitive, but I think this might help the defence a little. Placheta on one side, Hernandez on the other, not so much need for a full-back to hit the overlap and be as exposed. Not to mention on defensive set-pieces, leave one of those two, or even both on the halfway line and just honk a big clearance as far as possible into open space with the aim of getting them to run on it.

And yes, some genuine pace is an asset lacking throughout the team. Buendia is nippy rather than fast.

46 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm surprised that nasty injury to his arm passed the medical. 🙂

Large

He probably got it 'viciously assaulting' an opposition player Emi Buendia style............. 😉😉 

Sounds promising - as ever we need to give him a bit of time and wait to see what he can do; hopefully he’s more of an Eadie than a De Waard!

58 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Tbf in Polish, male names are often shortened and 'ek' added to the end. Tomasz becomes Tomek etc- Pshemek (phonetic spelling) is a reasonable abbreviation.

The official account has abbreviated to Przemek after he names himself in a short clip, so it looks like you're on the money.

Doesn't mean I don't still intend to call him Premmyslav though.

• Haha 1

Excellent. Look forward to seeing him in the Przem the season after next.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

The Chelsea chant along this line for Azpilicueta (yes I googled it) is a top chant 👍

13 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Good skills and free scoring

A good compilation of his skills on Youtube. click on link

He looks fast !

the youtube clips looks like he likes a direct Football not slow build up play ?  

he looks Great up front with the ball played into space behind for him to run into ,

i hope Farke plays a little more direct next season

he will have to ditch the Pony Tail !!! unless he will get told he is not concentrating on his football next .

17 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Good skills and free scoring

A good compilation of his skills on Youtube. click on link

Looks good. Has an eye for a goal, plays on either wing, is rapid, can cross (doesn't pass that much, which interests me, considering how we setup), appears to be a good signing, hopefully he can do the same next season. Also, how terrible was some of the keeping in that compilation (particularly early on!).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Looks good. Has an eye for a goal, plays on either wing, is rapid, can cross (doesn't pass that much, which interests me, considering how we setup), appears to be a good signing, hopefully he can do the same next season. Also, how terrible was some of the keeping in that compilation (particularly early on!).

The Defence and Keepers left a lot to be desired ! But he Looked Quick and a Finisher Maybe used as a Striker ??

Another very promising signing. It really does look like we’re gearing up to sell Cantwell, Buendia, Lewis and off loading a few midfielders who haven’t pulled their weight, we need to consider home grown rule and four of our signings are foreign so fully expect a lot of changes, for the better.

Great summer so far.👍🇵🇱🍻

Yeah looks good on the video. He seems to have more of an end product than Hernandez and could be stiff competition for him!

Hope we're actually able to be in the stadium next season to see him play! Pacey wingers always welcome. Always difficult to tell how they'll transition when up against much better defences than the one's in that video!

25 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I thought he passed a fair bit, and a bit more of a heads-up player than Hernandez. What struck me was that he was not afraid to take on rough, tough defenders, which he'll certainly come across in the Championship. He didn't seem to shirk that side of the game at all.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

Another very promising signing. It really does look like we’re gearing up to sell Cantwell, Buendia, Lewis and off loading a few midfielders who haven’t pulled their weight, we need to consider home grown rule and four of our signings are foreign so fully expect a lot of changes, for the better.

Great summer so far.👍🇵🇱🍻

Cantwell may well be off, but I would like to see him in the no. 10 position next year.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Nice to have some more pace in the squad, definitely lacked it especially when Hernandez isn't available. 

As long as he can run that’s the main thing, if he’s no good we can enter him into the track & field events