Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sean Ragget has gone..

https://www.twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1285862420460830721

Seems Farke doenst think he covers enough ground. Seriously however, what a massive faliure of recruitment from us yet again. 3 years he has been here and what, 1 appearance? Just loaning him out until his contract with us ran out, sad

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Id be curious to know the name of a club who have nailed every signing they have ever made? 'Massive failure yet again'... I mean, it wasn't a 20 million pound move was it? We took a punt of a lad looking good for a Lincoln on the up and it didn't work out, I'd say thats about the 50% chance we could have expected.

It doesn't matter who we have in charge or how much money we have to spend, this will happen, don't let a poor summer/jan window cloud that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Things move on - Zimbo was better than anticipated, Godfrey came off as cb, we got promoted - that kind of thing.  Not a biggie. 

To be fair Zimmerman is clearly our best centreback right now. Godfrey and Klose never looked comfortable together, but Godfrey and Zimmerman just clearly clicked in the last match 

Signed him as a promising payer, hoping he could make the step up. He couldn't. He's probably earned a decent few quid and was happy to do so but it's been evident for a while that he isn't going to feature here. Maybe Portsmouth will take him? Wish him all the best but *meh* 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I can’t imagine he was that expensive.....a bit of a punt which didn’t come off. It happens. 

Exactly right. Especially when loan fees likely covered his cost to us. I don't see the issue.

'Massive failure of recruitment yet again' OP?!

Yeah, our recruitment over the last few years has been absolutely atrocious on the whole hasn't it.

Get a grip.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Was always a bit of an odd signing, it looks like the punt we really took was hoping he'd impress on loan and could be flipped for a quick profit. Sign for a couple of hundred grand, good loan, sell for £1m to Wigan or something. 

Doesn't resemble anything Farke would want in his side, absolutely shocking with the ball at his feet for a start. The opposite to what Farke would look for in a centre back.

I have to question whether those calling for him to start here have ever even seen him play. It would be like trying to accommodate Andy Carroll into our side which always tries to play with the ball on the floor.