Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

The biggest clanger from VAR

The biggest most costly error this season could be Sheffield United being denied a legitimate goal against Villa.

Sheff U would have 3 more points Villa would still be in the cack.

I wonder if legal action will be considered if Watford Go down and Villa stay up

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

So I'm not alone in very much wanting Villa to join us next season then?!

#arevillathenewwolves

I would love to be the newwolves....

35 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

The biggest most costly error this season could be Sheffield United being denied a legitimate goal against Villa.

I wonder if legal action will be considered if Watford Go down and Villa stay up

It was a shocking thing, that even in retrospect (say, a day or two later) that the goal was not subsequently awarded. After all, player conduct can be considered retrospectively.

Most of all, it ought to be a matter for an inquiry on how the VAR official could not act. Very strange and utterly unfair. A travesty of justice.

Edited by sonyc

4 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

2 more points. They still got 1 point for the draw.

6 hours ago, K Lo said:

2 more points. They still got 1 point for the draw.

Yeah sorry, I did think of that yesterday and was going to correct it, but then moved on to something else!

Edited by First Wazzock

It's not working, but VAR will certainly be an evolution and hopefully it continues to find the best way to be used. Wearable tech on the ref instead of pitchside monitors. Offical transfer of power to the Var offfical from the Ref. Limited on the number of times it has been used.

Oh and the biggest clanger is Thierry Henry's handball against Ireland

On 21/07/2020 at 22:58, nutty nigel said:

This could have huge ramifications on 'who we wish we are' next season...

I wish we are any club that is top of the PL. I’m not bothered who that might be.

7 minutes ago, Sparta Plastic said:

The good thing about playing in the championship (apart from the possibility we might score the occasional goal) is no VAR. 

VAR is rubbish.

It will be used eventually.

Let's hope we aren't denied promotion because of a dodgy ref or lino decision, one which would have been overturned by VAR.

On 21/07/2020 at 22:38, First Wazzock said:

Bump but as someone said a lot happened since that game

8 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

I wish we are any club that is top of the PL. I’m not bothered who that might be.

Well it's Liverpool right now. Close for you too...

Video evidence shew Lampards effort for England had crossed the line and there were no after affects then, and I highly doubt there will be now. I would have loved Villa to come down with us purely due to their outlandish spending, but credit where it's due they kept themselves in with a chance and got the 4 points they needed from their last 2 games and deserve to stay up.