Sign in to follow this  
City fan

Sean Raggett

Whatever happened with Sean Raggett. Signed from Lincoln City and never really given a chance at City spending most of his time on loan at Portsmouth. His contract has come to an end and looks likely he will be released. 

I think he joined us for an undisclosed fee, which hopefully means **** all if we've just let his contract run down. Bit of a strange one a we spent a lot of time tracking him and trying to wrench him away from Lincoln only to decide fairly quickly he wasn't good enough.

They rate him at Portsmouth,

His distribution with the ball may not be up the the standard Farke is looking for but at 6 5" he is better able to get the ball than most at set pieces so I think he could be worth keeping.

Set pieces are one area where we have been very poor this season and with Tim Klose  not looking the player he once was and also being injury prone we will need cover at central defence. 

There is a one year option on his contract.

11 minutes ago, Somerset exile said:

They rate him at Portsmouth,

His distribution with the ball may not be up the the standard Farke is looking for but at 6 5" he is better able to get the ball than most at set pieces so I think he could be worth keeping.

Set pieces are one area where we have been very poor this season and with Tim Klose  not looking the player he once was and also being injury prone we will need cover at central defence. 

There is a one year option on his contract.

Posted this in the Contract Conundrums thread - interesting reading. Raggett 'thinks' his City contract has expired, but says he doesn't really know what's going on... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/sean-raggett-reveals-norwich-departure-and-open-portsmouth-return-2918653