kick it off

Sorensen Officially signs

Looks like exactly what’s needed. Great, a few more young hungry players please and allow those who feel their careers are elsewhere. Regroup and go again in six weeks time.

• Like 1

Terrific.

It's all as though this season has burned out on the back burner for those with proper thought (rather than the "Stowmarket two" obsessives )  and are totally focussed upon the progress and the  real business of running our club successfully.

There's clearly more to supporting NCFC than constant whinnying about the owners or the manager or whatever.

The real business goes on apace.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 7

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet another youngester, can't complain.

Still, given hes a midfielder pretty much confirms some level of Mclean/vrancic/Stepierman are off then

He's a defensive midfielder so more likely related to Tettey retiring after next season and probably Trybull leaving. Don't see how it's related to Vrancic, Stiepi or Mclean.

He's also not a "youngster". He's 22 and has over 100 appearances in the Danish top flight. Certainly not going anywhere but first team squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still, given hes a midfielder pretty much confirms some level of Mclean/vrancic/Stepierman are off then

He's a defensive mid, @cambridgeshire canary, so more filling a gap/long-term Tettey replacement kind of signing. Also an option at centre-back if we get lots of injuries again...

Hardly a youngster at 22 and he made 23 appearances in the league this last season so surely straight into the first team squad as opposed to one for the future.

While I am happy that a CDM is coming in, we don't have a great record with the whole "this person plays 2 positions" thing. I'm not going to celebrate the fact that he can play CB until I can see some efforts being made to address the fragility of our back line this transfer window, getting some defenders in whose primary aim above all else is to defend.

• Thanks 1

Stats suggest he player at centre back twice last season. I don't think it is something that he has been signed for. Seems more an upgrade on Trybull and challenger for McLean (although probably not quite as good a passer as Kenny). He's good in the air, strong tackler and can dribble pretty well for a CDM. Will be a big transition from Danish league, but as Brentford have shown there is lots of joy to be had in bringing in players from there (also a certain Mr T Pukki).

This seems a good signing, the analytics community are bigging it up as a good one for Norwich and seems there was a fair amount of interest in him. A good start to the new signings.

• Like 4

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or Tettey could be off, his wife is homesick. 

He's got one more year and then he's retiring to go home - that's been common knowledge for ages - Can't imagine he would go any earlier.... Presumably Sitti has been signed to develop for a year before becoming his replacement.

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Stats suggest he player at centre back twice last season. I don't think it is something that he has been signed for.

I just hope it isn't Amadou mk.II

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Stats suggest he player at centre back twice last season. I don't think it is something that he has been signed for. Seems more an upgrade on Trybull and challenger for McLean (although probably not quite as good a passer as Kenny). He's good in the air, strong tackler and can dribble pretty well for a CDM. Will be a big transition from Danish league, but as Brentford have shown there is lots of joy to be had in bringing in players from there (also a certain Mr T Pukki).

This seems a good signing, the analytics community are bigging it up as a good one for Norwich and seems there was a fair amount of interest in him. A good start to the new signings.

Thanks Bethnal - when I commented on that, I obviously meant that he could play there in a pinch, not that we were signing him with a view to him playing CB.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Thanks Bethnal - when I commented on that, I obviously meant that he could play there in a pinch, not that we were signing him with a view to him playing CB.

I know, just his CB ability is probably being a little overplayed. I know he said it himself, but players never know what to say in those interviews so just start listing off every position they have been in for the last few years - even it is for only 10 mins or so. 

• Haha 1

Happy with this younger CDM who can get about and cover players something i think a ageing Tettey  struggles with 

the last midfielder Lungi we had  was Gary " three lungs " Holt so hopefully has good as him 

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sounds really promising. Thanks Bethnal.

11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

He's got one more year and then he's retiring to go home - that's been common knowledge for ages - Can't imagine he would go any earlier.... Presumably Sitti has been signed to develop for a year before becoming his replacement.

I'm fully aware that Tettey has one more year on his contract, Trybull has two years so what's your point?

Know nothing about the lad, but has age and height on his side. I have to admit I thought he was out of contract but comments attributed to his old club suggests we paid some money for him.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm fully aware that Tettey has one more year on his contract, Trybull has two years so what's your point?

The point is Tettey said he would retire after the 2 years (now one year) and return home. Given the fact he's been at the club nearly 10 years and still gets in the first team whenever fit, I just find the probability that Trybull, who is clearly out of favour and has only been here a few years is leaving to be far more logical than Tettey cutting his contract short.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wait till Farke gets hold of him in training... Loves a defensive midfielder at centre back does our gaffer.

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why? 

Stipermann is an attacking midfielder. 

Do try and at least show you have some clue. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or Tettey could be off, his wife is homesick. 

Certainly took a fair while to decide she’s homesick 

Brentford have had big success bringing players in from Scandinavia, mainly due to the links with FC Midtylland.

Marcus Forss (Finnish) the next one to look out for. 

Edited by Il Pirata

No mention of a transfer fee and as from a less well known league, I bet he will be as cheap as chips

Another Duda in the making I am afraid 

you just can’t make this stuff up , honestly to God when are we going to get some good news 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The best part of this signing is that it relieves Kenny McLean from any DM resposibilities, he'll be able to play in his best position, it's like we've signed two players. 🙂

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

No mention of a transfer fee and as from a less well known league, I bet he will be as cheap as chips

you just can’t make this stuff up , honestly to God when are we going to get some good news 

His mum Cherie was pretty good on Strictly.

STRICTLY COME DANCING | STRICTLY COME DANCING CHERIE LUNGHI … | Flickr

23 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another epic troll. Surely a wind up? 

It clearly states "undisclosed fee" as always. 

Remind me how much of a fee we paid for pukki. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

I hope he does well. However, is anyone else a little underwhelmed by the youtube 'highlights'? Half of them were not even worth recording, let alone compiling into a 'best bits' compilation!

• Like 1