Sign in to follow this  
pete

Reasons to be cheerful

Not many I agree after worst ever season.  But we are going back where we really belong never have been convincing as PL club, never had the finances to add the quality to allow the club to progress.  But a few reasons there are by being back in the championship.

No VAR enough said.

No Kevin F and his friends the PL referees becoming egomaniacs, back to second raters hopefully not Simon Hooper though.

No Dermot "Refwatch" Gallagher defending the indefencible rubbish VAR and referee decisions.

No more sycophantic fawning over Jose Mourinho and the superstar PL coaches.

Goodbye to Jamie "spitting at children " Carragher an awful human being who should not be in the job.

No more Aston "financial cheats" Villa, sincerely hope not but think the just might get the win they need.

When discussing financial cheats got to mention Man City.  Wer'e leaving those in the PL behind for the money cheats in the Championship Derby, Nott'm Forest etc.  Why can't City join the party over to you Delia.

Feel free to add any additional PL irks. 

• Like 1

Might be able to attend a few games next season after the membership debacle made it impossible for me to get tickets.

To be honest, however awful this has been since lockdown, I'm quite looking forward to next season. I don't think we'll storm the league, but think we'll be in or around the playoff places and have an exciting season.

Plus, we're facing the possible prospect of cashing in on a few players whilst actually improving certain parts of the team.

For example, look at the defence. Currently Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis. We could potentially sell three of those and net £60 million and then lineup next season with a defence of Byram, Zimmerman, Hanley, McCallum. McCallum is a bit of a unknown beyond the fact my Coventry supporting cousin and uncle rate him very highly, but I genuinely think that is a better defensive unit that we're currently fielding.

We'll miss Cantwell and Buendia if they leave as expected, but with Hernandez likely to stay and this Polish speed merchant possibly coming in, they could be exciting replacements.

And as you say, no VAR, we get proper fans, more games and we're not going to have to endure 10 game losing streaks.

• Like 1

I’d be happy just to see some live football again, the whole day long experience is something I’ve really missed

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Half the posters on here recently will suddenly disappear if we start well?

Big if 😂

For me, I'm looking forward to participating in the best league in the world again. The championship is the most unpredictable league where anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Money is an advantage, but we've seen plenty of times where the poor sides with the best team spirits comfortably beating out the sides who have spent tens of millions.

Bring it on.

• Like 3

You know things must be bad when Pete is trying to find some positives...

I think currently I'm looking forward to this season ending more than I am next season starting.

But I'm sure during the break with transfer comings and goings, pre season friendlies and fixture announcements a good level of anticipation and hope will development.

Although my confidence has been stifled somewhat, as others have said I will still expect us to be in or around the top 6 - hopefully better!

I think a good start will be absolutely imperative to a successful season as it will wash our hands of this current run of form. However, if we start poorly (8-10 games) then our PL plight will have festered and I fear our campaign could quickly be brought to a halt with a midtable finish.

I could not agree more with the OP. An environment where we can go back and watch again and we will be cooking on gas. The championship is our level, top half or better most of the time, provided we do not have a Glen Roader in charge. Post lock down resumption things have been that bad they can only get better. Farke may be a fortunate boy still in a job but he knows this division  and even with departures, probably a reasonable number of them we can be very optimistic that we will have a squad that can give a very good account of itself at this level. Players and managers come and go, but clubs do not and so long as we all have a club still going to support that will be fine for me. Obviously i want us to do as well as we can, but we need to be realistic, we are far stronger than most of the 92 clubs in the league but a country mile away from being an established PL side, that will only ever change with good management and owners with deep pockets and until or if that ever happens we need to be content with what we have, enjoy the ups and downs and see where it all takes us

• Like 2

If we can build on the small stand and make it like the others ,we'll have 30 to 32 thou everyone game and with the increased revunue 

We can be competitive.😚

• Like 2