Uncle Fred

Stowmarket 2 and Nepotism Tom

6 hours ago, sgncfc said:

The "model" outlined by Webber requires us to improve our available budget by developing and selling on younger players. We must wait and see who is moved on this summer, bearing in mind what has already been said about keeping our "best" players - but I think everyone knows it is inevitable that 2 or 3 of them will go, and hopefully for big fees.

However, that model also suggests that we don't want to make a trading profit and then pay loads of tax, so assuming parachute PL money takes care of the wages next season it follows that anything generated should be reinvested in players. We seem to be shopping in a slightly bigger pond already.

That would be fine if there was any money left, but as this fan from Sunderland explains in forensic detail in the Dail Mail, it has been spirited away, just as some posters here have always claimed:

What is the point of Norwich? Least other clubs had a go and invested. Hope for football they never get back to The Premier League Utter Mercenaries by Delia Smith ,Steven Fry and co Utterly Disgusting took the 90 million and symphoned it to themselves

I see the mail have done their research as usual and aren't just spouting hateful ****.

How long ago was it Steven fry left the board?

39 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That would be fine if there was any money left, but as this fan from Sunderland explains in forensic detail in the Dail Mail, it has been spirited away, just as some posters here have always claimed:

What is the point of Norwich? Least other clubs had a go and invested. Hope for football they never get back to The Premier League Utter Mercenaries by Delia Smith ,Steven Fry and co Utterly Disgusting took the 90 million and symphoned it to themselves

Thank God that a 'fan from Sunderland' "hopes for football that they never get back to the Premier League".............as opposed to those sleeping giants in Div 3 who's rightful place should be spent stuffing their snouts into the money trough of the EPL 🤩

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Webber doing all the talking, taking the blame etc?.........

Thats his job.

10 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Webber doing all the talking, taking the blame etc?.........

I would like to hear from the organ grinder rather than the monkey 

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Of course it is but unfortunately the OP is not interested in engaging in a discussion on it as it does not fit in with their narrative..........

Best to ignore or mock him then, the man is a cretin.

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

I would like to hear from the organ grinder rather than the monkey 

Why not put your feeble mind into writing Delia a letter then? She'd laugh first then wipe her arris with it and send it back to you.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why not put your feeble mind into writing Delia a letter then? She'd laugh first then wipe her arris with it and send it back to you.

Is that what she does with potential investors or buyers too?😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You are going to be in for a long wait, I would suggest you write to her via the club................

And there in lies the problem completely unaccountable owners and this is at the heart of why I am so opposed to their ownership, they take no responsibility ever for their numerous mistakes. Also due to their narcissism they also don’t believe that anyone can do a better job than them 

Edited by Uncle Fred

Of course English football is littered with accountable self effacing club owners isn’t it? Marcus Evans is democracy incarnate.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Indy said:

Is that what she does with potential investors or buyers too?😉

Only stinking rich Chinese ones.  All the others that are banging on her door she sits them next to waveney at a game and they mysteriously  never come back with an offer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Purple If we sold maybe 2/3 of our youngsters say Arrons / Cantwell / lewis for a combined 40/50 million ( just a total guess )

How Much of that would be Reinvested ??

If we have sky money plus incoming fees the club would have to spend to avoid tax is that correct ?

i ask you as i seem up with the finances of the club 

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

And there in lies the problem completely unaccountable owners and this is at the heart of why I am so opposed to their ownership, they take no responsibility ever for their numerous mistakes. Also due to their narcissism they also don’t believe that anyone can do a better job than them 

Do you actually know the difference between owner/shareholders and an executive team? How can the owners of something ever be "unaccountable"? It's their pocket which is hit by relegation isn't it, given that their shares are worth less? The executive team have already spoken - that's their job. The shareholders role is to let the executive team do their job having put them in position.

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Do you actually know the difference between owner/shareholders and an executive team? How can the owners of something ever be "unaccountable"? It's their pocket which is hit by relegation isn't it, given that their shares are worth less? The executive team have already spoken - that's their job. The shareholders role is to let the executive team do their job having put them in position.

I could have sworn that nepotism is a director of the club who represents the stowmarket 2 on the board. He makes decisions on behalf (he does what he is told) on behalf of the majority shareholders so don’t be fooled into thinking they ain’t all over the decision making 

I think you are struggling understanding the role of a director 

Edited by Uncle Fred

7 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I could have sworn that nepotism is a director of the club who represents the stowmarket 2 on the board. He makes decisions on behalf (he does what he is told) on behalf of the majority shareholders so don’t be fooled into thinking they ain’t all over the decision making 

No. Tom Smith can hardly represent Smith and Jones on the board and make decisions on their behalf because they are also on the board. He could only fulfil the role you describe if Smith and Jones were not directors.

Edited by PurpleCanary

9 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Purple If we sold maybe 2/3 of our youngsters say Arrons / Cantwell / lewis for a combined 40/50 million ( just a total guess )

How Much of that would be Reinvested ??

If we have sky money plus incoming fees the club would have to spend to avoid tax is that correct ?

i ask you as i seem up with the finances of the club 

Norfolk, I think that question is best directed at Uncle Fred, since he has an absolute certainty about what goes on at Carrow Road that I lack...🤩

Seriously, Webber's estimates are probably as good a guide as any, and better than anything I could come up with. Obviously no-one at the club saw the pandemic coming, so that wasn't why we were ultra prudent with our finances this season.

But that the club, because it has pauper owners, always has to err on the side of caution, and take into account the unexpected, has probably meant we will come through in better shape than many others.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Norfolk, I think that question is best directed at Uncle Fred, since he has an absolute certainty about what goes on at Carrow Road that I lack...🤩

Seriously, Webber's estimates are probably as good a guide as any, and better than anything I could come up with. Obviously no-one at the club saw the pandemic coming, so that wasn't why we were ultra prudent with our finances this season.

But that the club, because it has pauper owners, always has to err on the side of caution, and take into account the unexpected, has probably meant we will come through in better shape than many others.

This sums up my thoughts on this subject............

11 hours ago, sgncfc said:

The shareholders role is to let the executive team do their job having put them in position.

The executive team were put in place by the others board members not the shareholders, well certainly not by those who are not on the board. The executive team are full time employees of the club are do not have to seek re election at AGM's.

Edited by TIL 1010

Can the phrase "Stowmarket two" be given the **** Van **** treatment.

Again, **** Van ****.

It seems that as long as I have be a party to this forum it has been the leitmotiv (just a monotonous drumbeat in reality) of certain individuals (or perhaps just one under various guises) and it's getting rather monotonous.

The only variation is that "Nepotism Tom" is now added as a tag line.

We all know the score, we all know the situation, we all have our doubts but we all also aware of the dangers of pursuing alternatives.

Whereas this matter has and does warrant discussion the O/P seems to have turned it into an obsession. A corner shop psychiatrist might well be able to dig deeper  than that observation,  but I''ll settle for boorish oath for now.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Can the phrase "Stowmarket two" be given the **** Van **** treatment.

Again, **** Van ****.

It seems that as long as I have be a party to this forum it has been the leitmotiv (just a monotonous drumbeat in reality) of certain individuals (or perhaps just one under various guises) and it's getting rather monotonous.

The only variation is that "Nepotism Tom" is now added as a tag line.

We all know the score, we all know the situation, we all have our doubts but we all also aware of the dangers of pursuing alternatives.

Whereas this matter has and does warrant discussion the O/P seems to have turned it into an obsession. A corner shop psychiatrist might well be able to dig deeper  than that observation,  but I''ll settle for boorish oath for now.

So you feel the stowmarket 2 and Nepotism should be let off the hook?

also nepotism is one of the most ugly diseases in our society 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

If we are trying to be nice when we post, maybe Delia, Michael and Tom would be a better reference?........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If we are trying to be nice when we post, maybe Delia, Michael and Tom would be a better reference?........

Gosh is that their real names? Thanks didn’t know that 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Nepotism?

Try hypnotism. Said to be a useful method of relieving obsessive behaviour.

I don't like the idea of the club being used as an heirloom as much as you do as it seems, but get a grip.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gosh is that their real names? Thanks didn’t know that 😉

You are welcome. So the debate/discussion is "When are we gong to hear from Delia, Michael and Tom" rather than Stuart Webber 😇...............

@ Uncle Ned, Ted, Fred, or whatever?

" ....... also nepotism is one of the most ugly diseases in our society."

This is turning into more of a laugh as it progresses

Does it rate above or below Covid 19 in your valid opinion?

Get a grip man! 

12 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yes, you're right of course. I've only been one for 40 years - no idea what it is. That's me told.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The executive team were put in place by the others board members not the shareholders, well certainly not by those who are not on the board. The executive team are full time employees of the club are do not have to seek re election at AGM's.

When the Board is controlled by the majority shareholders I would say that the majority shareholders are the ones making the hiring decisions, wouldn't you? Most private companies run the same way. The executive team are tasked with running the company - in this case Webber/Ward/Kensell and Farke. Not the shareholders. That's my point - the shareholders are not answerable to anybody, nor should they be, because the executive team are employed to be. As Directors, they are accountable (to themselves as shareholders) for hiring the right or wrong executive team.

I have never heard of a situation where shareholders are held responsible for a company's performance or asked to explain it.