Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Why is Kenny a scapegoat

It seems there are a lot of fans on here,that seem to blame him and say he offers nothing ,personally I think he is a good all rounder,but should really score more for the ability he has .we need him next year ,let's get behind him .😑

As he's been our strongest midfielder all season I really can't answer. 

He was quality last season, but some criticised his lack of passing accuracy and ignored the rest. 

However some football fans are simplistic morons who don't actually watch the games properly, which is probably the answer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

As he's been our strongest midfielder all season I really can't answer. 

He was quality last season, but some criticised his lack of passing accuracy and ignored the rest. 

However some football fans are simplistic morons who don't actually watch the games properly, which is probably the answer.

Go on, name and shame them 

All-rounders can sometimes suffer for that very problem in that their strength is that they don't have any huge weaknesses, yet paradoxically that weakness is that they don't have an outstanding aspect to their game - and people often think it means they do everything brilliantly when in reality it just means they do pretty everything solidly, or maybe a little better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

All-rounders can sometimes suffer for that very problem in that their strength is that they don't have any huge weaknesses, yet paradoxically that weakness is that they don't have an outstanding aspect to their game - and people often think it means they do everything brilliantly when in reality it just means they do pretty everything solidly, or maybe a little better.

Yeah good point there's no part of his game that's amazing ,were someone like Mario has that x factor but defensively shocking.

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

What would he say is his best position?

Tough question that ,really don't know but he should always been in the side ,whilst we have the midfielders we have.😁

37 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

It seems there are a lot of fans on here,that seem to blame him and say he offers nothing ,personally I think he is a good all rounder,but should really score more for the ability he has .we need him next year ,let's get behind him .😑

I love Kenny and think he'll do a job for us this season but do you honestly think he'd even make the bench of any other Premier League team in the past few seasons? I think absolutely not. He's like a midfield Jordan Rhodes, decent in the Championship but out of his depth in the Prem. Sure he wins headers from goal kicks, but we could've signed Crouch to do that. 

I also think he gets more stick because he's kept Leitner and Vrancic out of the team and there's a widely-held belief that one of them, with a decent run in the team, may have improved our season. 

For me, I think he can be huge for us next season but I hope that he does a Bradley Johnson for us; plays a big part in getting us up, bangs in some great goals and is then sold for a few million before our next Prem campaign. Because he's just not a Premier League midfielder, however much I'd like it if he was. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Tough question that ,really don't know but he should always been in the side ,whilst we have the midfielders we have.😁

Before coming here, he exclusively played at number ten.

Farke seems to play him whenever he can, yet not in his favoured position. Why is that?

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I love Kenny and think he'll do a job for us this season but do you honestly think he'd even make the bench of any other Premier League team in the past few seasons? I think absolutely not. He's like a midfield Jordan Rhodes, decent in the Championship but out of his depth in the Prem. Sure he wins headers from goal kicks, but we could've signed Crouch to do that. 

I also think he gets more stick because he's kept Leitner and Vrancic out of the team and there's a widely-held belief that one of them, with a decent run in the team, may have improved our season. 

For me, I think he can be huge for us next season but I hope that he does a Bradley Johnson for us; plays a big part in getting us up, bangs in some great goals and is then sold for a few million before our next Prem campaign. Because he's just not a Premier League midfielder, however much I'd like it if he was. 

I kinda like know what your saying and maybe vrancic and or leitner could have made a difference ,but he's are best all rounder and deserves game time and is crucial to us next season.

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Farke seems to play him whenever he can, yet not in his favoured position. Why is that?

Because he can get a German badger like duda and think he's the messiah. 

He gets it in the neck from lazy eyed football fans.

He game isn't step overs, scoring often or bullying the backline and so he's 'invisible'.

He's an important player for us.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

26 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

He game isn't step overs, scoring often or bullying the backline and so he's 'invisible'.

Yeah too right,Glad someone else appreciate s him. 

8 hours ago, Number9 said:

I think if you asked him in private and he could give an honest answer with no come back about where he wanted to play, he would say he wanted to play further forward. He does a solid job in midfield and no one can criticise his willingness to work but I don't think that's his best position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanthecanary said:

I think if you asked him in private and he could give an honest answer with no come back about where he wanted to play, he would say he wanted to play further forward. 

"Nobody grows up wanting to be a right back" - Gary Neville

Emi Buendia probably also wants to play in that number 10 role, and would be my first choice for that position. 

Because he's the only regular starter who isn't a starlet or one of the real Norwich City 'characters' in the team. 

Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell; Tettey, Krul, Pukki. We haven't had a CB play often enough otherwise (a good scapegoat must be playing every week) and the #10 has been a cursed role for this entire season.

Kennys' limitations are in line with the most of the rest of the squad, reasonable technical player who has no natural defensive instincts.

9 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I think saying he is an important player for us is over egging it abit. If he isn't in the squad on match day, who notices? Makes no difference to the the gapping hole Infront of the defence. If tettey doesn't play then you do notice (and does anyone else feel that's a similar case as lost time we were up, Gary O'Neil was vital playing in that position and now tettey is/was)

I can agree that he works hard, and I think he does hit a couple nice longer passes, but then he does lose the ball a couple times in vulnerable areas, can be sloppy with his shorter passes and his positioning defensively isn't great, but yeah, I guess most natural number 10s defensive positioning isn't either!

I also don't get all this how good he is in the air! He's average at best, and is best of a bad bunch.

Having said that, I do like him, but think his position is further up field... Even in the championship.

Lastly, I don't think he was that fantastic in that position for us in our title winning season. His best games and most effective was when he was scoring for us (I remember he scored a half volley I think, but I accept he may of still been playing in the DM role)

11 hours ago, Number9 said:

What would he say is his best position?

His best performance was against Everton this season, played behind the striker very well. He has been poor this season, but this game he played well.

He isn't EPL quality, but neither are most of the squad. Definitely not the weakest link in the team this season, but isn't ever going to set the world alight.

So if his best position is say a number 10, why hasn't Farke played him there more than a time or two?

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

So if his best position is say a number 10, why hasn't Farke played him there more than a time or two?

Because given the other options available to Farke this season at CDM, he's been seen as the best of the bunch.

• Thanks 1

This is the problem with English football and us in general. We have this underdog fight mentality. McClean fits that bracket and so is seen by some as better than he actually is. He's bang average. He is a bang average player in the spine of the worst Norwich top flight side ever. Yes he tries and probably contributes in other ways... but we need quality... or if not quality then potential for quality... unfortunately he is neither of those things.

Edited by Michael Starr

Kenny is a really good player and will be great for us in the Championship. His issue is that he is probably better suited to playing in a midfield 3 or 4 rather than in a holding 2 in 4231. He's versatile and has a better defensive sense than Vrancic. I hope we keep him.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Because given the other options available to Farke this season at CDM, he's been seen as the best of the bunch.

I wish he'd play Emi or Cantwell in the 10 role. 

Edited by Bonzo

Like the vast majority of the first team, he is a decent Championship player. He lacks the quality, as do most of the team, to perform consistently in the Prem. As an earlier poster said, for what other team would he even make the bench? There's a reason we are 10 points adrift at the bottom - we are miles off the pace. With the possible exception of Buendia/Cantwell, I don't think any of our players would currently start for another prem side. There's lot of talk about £20-30m+ for Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey but they are mainstays of an appalling defensive unit.

I doubt if Buendia or Cantwell would start for another Premiership side, I agree that most of the others would have no chance! The possible exception is Gregory. Really sorry for him on Saturday, he didn't deserve that.

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

There is also the possibility Farke does not know what he is doing. Sorry to seems so negative but there are no positives at the moment. No goals, no points, same old anorak.

• Haha 1