Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pearson sacked by Watford

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Why would we want him?

Hes struggled to keep a very physically powerful, expensively assembled Watford team in the league?!

As someone who lives near Watford and knows lots of fans down here, their supporters are not at all "entitled" and are very unhappy with the way the club is run - effectively the coach/manager is always very temporary and runs the team within an overall club system. He therefore has nothing else to do apart from get results. The hierarchy believe that every manager has his own limited time period to be effective in order to keep the players focussed. This comes at the cost of having absolutely zero community involvement or impact, with lots of overpaid players driving massive cars and generally behaving like idiots - the one exception being Troy Deeney, the reformed jailbird who is a local hero. The football they attempt to play is slightly more ambitious than Burnley's but not much.

If they come down they could lose pretty much every decent player, either back to Italy or to other London clubs, because that's the only reason they're there, and their entire model could implode - but it looks like Bournemouth's result today has saved them anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Just been announced on BT Sport, would you have him here ?

yeeeeeeees what are we waiting for? he was the one that prepared the leicester team that won the league!!!!

If DF is off, and like previous posts ‘10 second fuse’ would not be welcome then if we need a kick **** - Malcom George MacKay.....

Good on Watford. If that’s what they believe is needed to do secure there premiership Status then I admire them. That’s what is needed ruthless mindedness for the top. Wish we had some.

32 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Good on Watford. If that’s what they believe is needed to do secure there premiership Status then I admire them. That’s what is needed ruthless mindedness for the top. Wish we had some.

Lols if they lose the next 2

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

IEddie Howe might be available soon?.....He's clean cut, quite unassuming and also he seems very nice.....A 'Nodding Donkey' Eddie type would really fit in well here - and he certainly wouldn't rock 'Das Boot'..... 

Not quite so clean cut, I have a mate who's brother worked at Burnley, he very much left there in suspicious circumstances.....

I do really like Pearson. I think we do need to get out of this psychology of being a nice club. That projects on to the pitch and we get bullied at times. We win games by being more skilful, which doesn’t happen often in the premier league.

Just reported on MOTD that Watford have yet to make a statement confirming his departure.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think he was always a temporary appointment but the timing is bizarre. 

Webber and Farke to Watford if they stay up?

🤞😂

He a passive aggressive  nutjob, reminds me of that PE teacher that Broado and I encountered in our teens. Complete loose cannon, anyone remember him pinning whoever to the deck with his fist clenched? It's a No from me. 

• Like 1

I just don't think that our Club Matriarch would like "10 seconds from rage" Pearson - or his brusque and belligerent type here....?

Pearson would also probably chuckle at and totally ignore and bypass Webber and just do his own thing.....

Eddie Howe might be available soon?.....He's clean cut, quite unassuming and also he seems very nice.....A 'Nodding Donkey' Eddie type would really fit in well here - and he certainly wouldn't rock 'Das Boot'..... 

He would probably be a very good fit here! 

Under-23 coach Hayden Mullins has been appointed, and will be given

..... until Sunday evening to bring about the changes needed, and will be asked to step down if the club have not avoided relegation by then

2 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

He would probably be a very good fit here! 

Eddie Howe? Cant stand the Head boy sounding FA puppet, we are probably a bit far from his mums house too as apparently she still washes his underpants and socks, not sure Delia's  up for laundry nowadays.

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Eddie Howe? Cant stand the Head boy sounding FA puppet, we are probably a bit far from his mums house too as apparently she still washes his underpants and socks, not sure Delia's  up for laundry nowadays.

He is a good fit for Delia..!

I just don't think that our Club Matriarch would like "10 seconds from rage" Pearson - or his brusque and belligerent type here....?

Pearson would also probably chuckle at and totally ignore and bypass Webber and just do his own thing.....

Eddie Howe might be available soon?.....He's clean cut, quite unassuming and also he seems very nice.....A 'Nodding Donkey' Eddie type would really fit in well here - and he certainly wouldn't rock 'Das Boot'..... 

Did we employ Lambert because he was such a softly spoken nicey nice type then?

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Did we employ Lambert because he was such a softly spoken nicey nice type then?

👍   DF is softly spoken, but I dont think he himself is at all soft, look at how he dealt with NelsonO. Gave him a chance , he took the Pi$$, end of career  at Norwich, no messing ,   no public slagging  , just sit over there till we can unload you. I like that. DF to stay and complete his contract , by which time hopefully  we will be begging him to stay. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

👍   DF is softly spoken, but I dont think he himself is at all soft, look at how he dealt with NelsonO. Gave him a chance , he took the Pi$$, end of career  at Norwich, no messing ,   no public slagging  , just sit over there till we can unload you. I like that. DF to stay and complete his contract , by which time hopefully  we will be begging him to stay. 

Must be a total reverse in thinking with Drmic then Corkio.

If you pish off the supporters you are guaranteed a start.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

The plan is clear when Farke gets the sack nepotism Tom will take over, 

you couldn’t make it up 

but you can

and quite regularly too 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Must be a total reverse in thinking with Drmic then Corkio.

If you pish off the supporters you are guaranteed a start.

Well, Oliveira disrespected the entire management. 

Drmic has just worked hard every time he's played and not delivered enough. Circumstances slightly different..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Hes struggled to keep a very physically powerful, expensively assembled Watford team in the league?!

Is this bit a really bad attempt at a joke, or are you just completely clueless?

He took over on 6th December with them rock bottom and 7 points from 17th (3 points below us), won 26 points in 22 games and guided them out of the relegation zone. He ended Liverpool's 44 game unbeaten run in the process.

Watford have more 5 more points from his 22 games than Norwich have from their 37 games this season.

Worked miracles! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Must be the bluntest statement ever

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/club/club-statement-nigel-pearson

Watford FC confirms that Nigel Pearson has left the club with immediate effect.

Hayden Mullins, with Graham Stack as his assistant, will take up the position of Interim Head Coach for the Hornets’ final two Premier League fixtures of the 2019/20 season.

There will be no further club comment.

Watford are a complete basket case of a club, the owner told Troy Deeney that Pearson had been sacked before Pearson had actually been sacked.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is this bit a really bad attempt at a joke, or are you just completely clueless?

He took over on 6th December with them rock bottom and 7 points from 17th (3 points below us), won 26 points in 22 games and guided them out of the relegation zone. He ended Liverpool's 44 game unbeaten run in the process.

Watford have more 5 more points from his 22 games than Norwich have from their 37 games this season.

Worked miracles! 

But despite all that there is still a chance they could get relegated with us.........

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

But despite all that there is still a chance they could get relegated with us.........

Which at 1.18 points per game average under Pearson, wouldn't be down to him.