Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pearson sacked by Watford

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Which at 1.18 points per game average under Pearson, wouldn't be down to him. 

It is a fair point but he was sacked because the threat of relegation had not gone away, particularly after the 3-1 defeat at WHU, so the club clearly did not think him capable of saving them from relegation. We will never know now if he would have saved them, if they stay up the caretakers will get the credit, if they go down the caretakers will get the blame (and be sacked)..........

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It is a fair point but he was sacked because the threat of relegation had not gone away, particularly after the 3-1 defeat at WHU, so the club clearly did not think him capable of saving them from relegation.

They've had 15 managers in 10 years, they sacked him because they are mental. 

• Haha 1

If Watford stay up and they probably will a lot of the credit must go to Pearson. He gets a reaction from players but is probably  an advocate  of the shout, shout louder and throw things brigade which is why his shelf life at clubs is limited. I am sure he would have a positive impact on our club but not the owners cup of tea IMO. It does make you realise that Farke has been very fortunate to have kept his job this season, he does have many attributes and i wish him well for us this coming season but he needs some points on the board early days

I would love to see Farke go. The players were not fit and ready for Southampton and it's all gone Pete tong since then. Adam has never had a proper chance and why oh why has Drmic had so much game time?

12 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

👍   DF is softly spoken, but I dont think he himself is at all soft, look at how he dealt with NelsonO. Gave him a chance , he took the Pi$$, end of career  at Norwich, no messing ,   no public slagging  , just sit over there till we can unload you. I like that. DF to stay and complete his contract , by which time hopefully  we will be begging him to stay. 

That's not how it happened at all. Fulham was first game of the season. He went on to play another 35 games under Farke and finish second top scorer behind Maddison that season.

Edited by Grant Holts Moustache

8 hours ago, Hadenuff said:

I would love to see Farke go. The players were not fit and ready for Southampton and it's all gone Pete tong since then. Adam has never had a proper chance and why oh why has Drmic had so much game time?

Careful now as only two posts on this account and not singing from the approved hymn sheet will have you being accused of being a multiple account holder. 😜

16 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Not quite so clean cut, I have a mate who's brother worked at Burnley, he very much left there in suspicious circumstances.....

OOOOH!.....Let's just not go there then..... 😉 Oh, and is it Eddie's real hair or is it a 'Crown Topper'?....

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

Did we employ Lambert because he was such a softly spoken nicey nice type then?

Mr 'Grrr' Mackanomoly give Lambo the job didn't he?.....Maybe because Gunny troo 'club legend' was too nice?.....On percentages over the last quarter of a century though, we've had managerial types that you wouldn't mind taking home to introduce to your parents....Or our Club Matriarch.....

22 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I absolutely despise Watford and can't believe how they've survived in the PL for past four or five seasons. Hopefully that run ends in the next two matches. They have a massive inflated sense of their own importance trying to hang on to the myth that they're actually  a 'big London club'! Would love to see them relegated, Luton stay up and then Luton do them over next season.

Watford fans have never seen themselves as a London club. When away fans sang the ‘We hate cockneys” chant, the Watford fans used to sing it too.

"A frank exchange of views with the owner" after the West Ham game apparently.

The bookies now have Villa at 5/1 on for the drop with Arsenal and West Ham to play.

Watford are 2/1 for the drop- but they have Man City and Arsenal left. 

What if Watford now go down on goal difference. The owners are going to look pretty stupid aren’t they? 

On 19/07/2020 at 18:27, Hardhouse44 said:

Good on Watford. If that’s what they believe is needed to do secure there premiership Status then I admire them. That’s what is needed ruthless mindedness for the top. Wish we had some.

Yeah. Looking like a top decision...

On 20/07/2020 at 09:08, TIL 1010 said:

Careful now as only two posts on this account and not singing from the approved hymn sheet will have you being accused of being a multiple account holder. 😜

Im sure he’ll be fine now you’ve taken him under your wing 😜

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Im sure he’ll be fine now you’ve taken him under your wing 😜

Hilarious.

I heard there was a dressing room bust up post match. Yet all denied. Not sure if there was a fight or it was just a battle of words, shall we say.

All that said, I wouldn't cross him. After his fighting off of wolves and his post match interviews (the famous "you're an ostrich" one on YouTube is a masterclass in passive aggression).

Edited by sonyc

Eddie Howe is an England manager in waiting. It's clear that Pearson lost sections of the dressing room at Watford... possibly he didn't appreciate Troy Deeney's antics.

On 21/07/2020 at 03:24, Surfer said:

What if Watford now go down on goal difference. The owners are going to look pretty stupid aren’t they? 

Some Watford fans argue that they probably wouldn't even notice.

Edited by Michael Starr

On 20/07/2020 at 13:45, Mr Angry said:

Watford fans have never seen themselves as a London club. When away fans sang the ‘We hate cockneys” chant, the Watford fans used to sing it too.

Because Watford is miles from London... It's in Hertfordshire isn't it?

10 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Because Watford is miles from London... It's in Hertfordshire isn't it?

Yes-my post was in response to Yellowrider who said that they thought they were a big London club.