Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

I wasn’t really complaining about lack of money just saying there is a pattern emerging - the ultimate yo yo club.

would it be that bad, given the risks involved in trying to stay uop ?

a cracking season in the Championship, and a chance to see the top players, and visit the top stadia

all the time remaining financially stable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bill said:

would it be that bad, given the risks involved in trying to stay uop ?

a cracking season in the Championship, and a chance to see the top players, and visit the top stadia

all the time remaining financially stable

As long as we all know that is the plan then fans can decide whether they buy into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

As long as we all know that is the plan then fans can decide whether they buy into it.

I'm not sure why anyone would think it was any different

the club has long said that it would not risk the stability of the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

As long as we all know that is the plan then fans can decide whether they buy into it.

If only it was that simple Felix. As a fan of Norwich I don’t sign in or out of a plan. I like plans when they work ( last year) but not when they don’t ( this year ) . It would be nice and rational to sit down and evaluate a plan and then decide whether to go with it or find something else to do . 
 

Being a City fan in in my marrow . So I’m miserable when we lose . Plan or no plan. I’m actually not that bothered about the plan. It’s basically we don’t have an owner who is going to put money in , so we go from there . Last year it was brilliant with great football and great results . Long live the plan! 
 

This year it is dire . The plan can do one .

 

I hope that’s cleared it all up 😂🤣. Please don’t ask a football fan to be rational . I’m not . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not so much a plan, but a recognition of the hard facts

To have a chance of remaining in the PL we would have to commit to debt where the repayments can only be met by PL TV money

When that goes (relegation) the debt that comes down with the club invariably cripples that club - check the evidence

Bleat and whine as much as you like, but that is the reality - as the evidence clearly shows.

So how many seasons in the PL justify wrecking the club ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If only it was that simple Felix. As a fan of Norwich I don’t sign in or out of a plan. I like plans when they work ( last year) but not when they don’t ( this year ) . It would be nice and rational to sit down and evaluate a plan and then decide whether to go with it or find something else to do . 
 

Being a City fan in in my marrow . So I’m miserable when we lose . Plan or no plan. I’m actually not that bothered about the plan. It’s basically we don’t have an owner who is going to put money in , so we go from there . Last year it was brilliant with great football and great results . Long live the plan! 
 

This year it is dire . The plan can do one .

 

I hope that’s cleared it all up 😂🤣. Please don’t ask a football fan to be rational . I’m not . 

Fans don't do plans. They do dreams.

Or do we live the dream but die the plan.

Edited by nutty nigel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Poorest run of form in the club’s history, worst home run without scoring in the top flight by any team since 1922, 1 goal scored in 8/9 Prem games, no positives to take from any on the performances. It’s nothing to do with fickle fans, we’ve gone from being ‘best 20th place team in PL history’ to simply a joke to the whole country. 

All of the excuses you have listed are not new to us, they have been features before lockdown and all through the season, yet we actually competed in games back then and looked up for the fight. Maybe it is you who has the short memory?

Why are all these excuses now just cause for our total capitulation? The team doesn’t deserve your pathetic excuses, it’s simply not been good enough since the return. The end. 

That is my stance and that does not mean I’m ‘throwing my toys out of the pram’. I still want to see Farke at the helm for the start of next season - and believe the vast majority of the fan base do too. So I have to question the point of your constant threads lecturing us on what we should or shouldn’t think and feel. 

Fans have every right to be annoyed at this moment, at how badly we’ve unravelled, just let it be and once this dismal season has ended the focus will finally turn to our championship campaign and newfound hope will at last be restored.

You really are wasting your and everyone else’s time with this constant drivel. Save your threads for the start of the new season when Farke will deserve a somewhat clean slate. 

And don’t post another **** thread when people are pissed off that we lost 18-0 to Man City. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Fans have every right to be annoyed at this moment

What is the point in being annoyed about it? 

What good does it do? 

Can it change anything?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill said:

In relation to the top six or so clubs, pretty much are all in the same position

What separates the top six or so is not gate receipts as much as constant wealth from Champions League money

What separates us from those in the same position as us, is that we are well aware of the huge costs in trying to live well beyond our means - and how much the long term damage, can and all too often, is...... Hull, Bolton, Boro, Charlton, Blackburn, Brum. Sunderland, Pompey .... etc

It’s borne out by our very good signings so far for next season, players with bags of potential, hunger without costing millions in fees or salaries. This is definitely the right way to go forwards into next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Indy said:

It’s borne out by our very good signings so far for next season, players with bags of potential, hunger without costing millions in fees or salaries. This is definitely the right way to go forwards into next season.

it is the only way we can continue.

And it will be interesting to see how the two clubs who come down with us cope with huge debts

Villa have already sold their ground, which should point towards how bad things have become and how the supposed 'hinvestor' has not handed simply over a blank cheque

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it is the only way we can continue.

And it will be interesting to see how the two clubs who come down with us cope with huge debts

Villa have already sold their ground, which should point towards how bad things have become and how the supposed 'hinvestor' has not handed simply over a blank cheque.

Not to mention that Villa lost a ton of cash even with that sale. Unless their owners are willing to do some heavy-duty bankrolling if Villa go down, there could be some trouble brewing on the horizon.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/04/aston-villa-announce-69m-loss-despite-sale-of-villa-park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What is the point in being annoyed about it? 

What good does it do? 

Can it change anything?

 

That doesn't mean you don't have the emotion though.

I dropped a set i shouldn't have done in my tennis match today. I was both angry and annoyed..neither helped but it didn't change the fact thats how I felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What is the point in being annoyed about it? 

What good does it do? 

Can it change anything?

 

You wouldn’t know. You don’t punt 5/6 hundred pounds a year every year on a season ticket plus away season ticket plus travel, food and drink. How dare you tell others how to feel. 
 

perhaps you don’t have any ambition in your life but others do. You probably weren’t at the Bayern Munich games or the Inter Milan. The semi finals against Everton and Sunderland. But some of us remember those days out!
 

I doubt you like being judged about how much you attend but you are happy to judge anyone else who doesn’t agree with your rose tinted views.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

What is the point in being annoyed about it? 

What good does it do? 

Can it change anything?

 

Yes of course it can change things, I believe in the power of collective thought. If we all just continue to think and feel how disappointed we are, it’ll transmit to Farke and the players and they’ll make up for it next season. 

Seriously now, are you really asking what the point is in having feelings?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Good point made Nutty but not sure I’d agree that we had ‘ great hope ‘ of staying up on those pre-lockdown results. 

Agree that we might well have done better - couldn’t do any worse really - but other clubs would have had the same advantages too.

My money would have still been on going down but we’d have made it a closer run thing.

 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You can spin it how you like Smiffy. But my point is Carrow Road was still up for the fight. The fans still believed. It was felt we were particularly unlucky in the Spurs and Palace games. There was no howling and yowling. No booing or demanding people out. We all still believed. Or if not kept council and muttered in small dark groups that couldn't be heard.

The fact is that this is now totally rewritten and posters are relishing the howling and yowling and booing and demanding that they feel would have taken place rather than even considering that with a full crowd behind the team we could have fared better.

 

Your spin is as relevant as mine Nutty.

All a matter of opinion and I do agree that those Spurs and Palace games could well have yielded more points. That said we were bottom from Boxing Day and never made any real in-roads on the deficit.

On that rather patchy form some fans believed we could do it but injuries, bad luck, useless VAR, etc, etc had convinced a lot more that we'd given it a good shot but were found wanting. Probable relegation was viewed with some acceptance.

Our form post lockdown though has been nothing short of shameful and I don't think anyone can spin that any differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

What is the point in being annoyed about it? 

What good does it do? 

Can it change anything?

 

Epic troll. 

No true City fan, or indeed football fan, could make such a ****ing idiotic statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had a ST since 1962, one day I’ll sit down and work out how many promotions and relegations I’ve been through. Never a dull moment, we’re either going up or coming down, must be boring being an Everton fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

 

Your spin is as relevant as mine Nutty.

All a matter of opinion and I do agree that those Spurs and Palace games could well have yielded more points. That said we were bottom from Boxing Day and never made any real in-roads on the deficit.

On that rather patchy form some fans believed we could do it but injuries, bad luck, useless VAR, etc, etc had convinced a lot more that we'd given it a good shot but were found wanting. Probable relegation was viewed with some acceptance.

Our form post lockdown though has been nothing short of shameful and I don't think anyone can spin that any differently.

There's no spin in my post. I didn't say anything about our form since lockdown. How could anybody spin that. We haven't picked up a point and we scored one goal. All I've said is that I don't believe those results would have happened if there'd been no lockdown. I asked you if you saw it coming pre-lockdown? I'm not sure what your answer was🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Epic troll. 

No true City fan, or indeed football fan, could make such a ****ing idiotic statement. 

Rubbish. We don't all lose it when the team does badly, sad, disappointed, but anger?  Not for me. 

I just wonder where the anger comes from. Genuine question. The emotions I feel are strong with disappointment and sadness, but there isn't the slightest bit of anger there.  The only time I get angry is when a decision goes against us wrongly - so refs, VAR etc or a player getting away with a bad tackle on us etc etc. 

So I would love to know why people are angry.  It seems to be different for different people. For some it's Farke, some it's Webber, for some it's DS/MJW, for some it's the players and for the most angry it is probably for all of them! 

....and to the person who says they spend £500-600 pounds following the team.....so do I. The few games I have been to this season have cost me at least that in tickets/travel/staying over costs.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There's no spin in my post. I didn't say anything about our form since lockdown. How could anybody spin that. We haven't picked up a point and we scored one goal. All I've said is that I don't believe those results would have happened if there'd been no lockdown. I asked you if you saw it coming pre-lockdown? I'm not sure what your answer was🙃

I really don’t see what you gain by all this needless riddling Nutty.

I agreed with your original post saying that this lockdown football has all been a bit surreal and of course neither me, you or Uncle Tom Cobley saw it coming. I also agreed that I think our post-lockdown results wouldn’t have been so bad had spectators been admitted.

So before I lose the will to live I will once again decline your invitation to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. Have a good one. 🙃

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think I had too much wine last night.........

Pathetic behaviour from a fully grown adult. 

 

Just to confirm is this really ANOTHER LDC thread telling people how they should feel? 

Edited by CDMullins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hogesar said:

That doesn't mean you don't have the emotion though.

I dropped a set i shouldn't have done in my tennis match today. I was both angry and annoyed..neither helped but it didn't change the fact thats how I felt.

Emotion is fine. I lose sets in tennis too, although I don't play as much as I used to, but I don't and never have got angry about it. If you recognise that getting angry didn't help, what was the point in gettng angry? (There's a good book called "The Inner Game of Tennis" - well worth a read, talks about this kind of thing, helped my tennis no end - and other things too!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Rubbish. We don't all lose it when the team does badly, sad, disappointed, but anger?  Not for me. 

I just wonder where the anger comes from. Genuine question. The emotions I feel are strong with disappointment and sadness, but there isn't the slightest bit of anger there.  The only time I get angry is when a decision goes against us wrongly - so refs, VAR etc or a player getting away with a bad tackle on us etc etc. 

So I would love to know why people are angry.  It seems to be different for different people. For some it's Farke, some it's Webber, for some it's DS/MJW, for some it's the players and for the most angry it is probably for all of them! 

....and to the person who says they spend £500-600 pounds following the team.....so do I. The few games I have been to this season have cost me at least that in tickets/travel/staying over costs.  

 

And most of that £500-600 went on wine!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2020 at 22:19, lake district canary said:

Oh how the fickleness of fans shows up time and time again. So we have a poor season for many different reasons and it's the same old......sack the manager, the manager should resign, get someone else in......this only after he had given us one of the best seasons ever known, actually still fresh in the memory.  So I could list all the reasons why we have done poorly this season and yes, I would have some criticisms of the manager within that, but lets get real - he has not had the best of luck - first the injuries to someone who was our main talisman last season - Cristophe Zimmermann.  The man is an inspiration on the pitch, his interceptions and last ditch challenges last season were so important in saving goals and he cannot be physically bullied while defending.  And once the season stopped, it ceased to be a proper season any more. If it had been allowed to have been restarted with fans in, then ok, fair dos, but the last few weeks has been a kind of shadow of what football should be.

Short memories - a good run in the fa cup - even in the 1/4 final we put up a strong showing (just three weeks ago), the Spurs match in the cup we were excellent - a win against Leicester, a draw at home which should have been a win against Spurs in the league but for probably the most ridiculous VAR decision of the season. The away match against Everton.  So some good stuff this season. Not good enough, but that's life sometimes - everything went for us last season - the opposite has happened this season, again, that's life.

So when you have stopped being angry, you might find that underneath it all, we are still a good club, with good facilities, a good coaching team, a good manager and good sporting director and owners who love the club and who hold it all together in the family style that has helped so many players feel at home in Norwich, young and not so young.

Now we regroup, settle down again, get the squad right physically and mentally for the next challenge. I really hope Daniel still feels loved and wanted by at least most fans, because he deserves it after such a horrible season of injuries and disruption with the pandemic. He will love it when the fans are back and he can see the yellow wall - and fans will be so happy to be back too - a kind of celebration together of getting through the bad times and on to something fresh. Wipe your tears away, let your anger go, pick up your toys and put them back in the pram, we are still a good club, with good players and a good manager. 

We've all missed seeing a full CR whether it's me in my armchair when I can't get to games, or whether it's someone who normally goes every week....we need to ride this out, see it through and look forward to better times. For a Norwich supporter, this has been awful time, but it's a false situation - the panemic has made it so - the real thing starts when a season can take place within a normal time frame, normal substitutes routine - and with fit players, even if it has to be without fans for a while.

OTBC

I admire your positivity, but I live in the real world and it's been poor this season and every ncfc fan knows this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Just to confirm is this really ANOTHER LDC thread telling people how they should feel? 

It's another thread putting the other side of the story. We get thread after thread on here full of anger about the owners, the manager, certain players etc etc - and not enough of the balanced arguments. If I keep repeating stuff, it is to make sure the other side of the argument gets as much air time as much as the often over the top and sometimes fake anger.  In the real world, anger is not everywhere you go - but on here it appears that it is - and that is a false situation. 

So the more anger and negativity I see on here, the more I am likely to post my stuff, because I do not want to spend my time on here just reading negative nonsense. So if people want me to stop posting about their unreasonable expectations and over the top reactions to setbacks - then they just need to stop doing it. The club is fine, it will carry on, it will have good days again as much as it has bad days this season. It is football and there will always be ups and downs. No need for too much anger - especially this season of all seasons with the way it has had to be messed about with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So everyone needs to stop having different opinions on here so you will stop? Not sure if that makes for a very interesting forum.... it's not anger it's passion and a dislike of being shown up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Rubbish. We don't all lose it when the team does badly, sad, disappointed, but anger?  Not for me. 

I just wonder where the anger comes from. Genuine question. The emotions I feel are strong with disappointment and sadness, but there isn't the slightest bit of anger there.  The only time I get angry is when a decision goes against us wrongly - so refs, VAR etc or a player getting away with a bad tackle on us etc etc. 

So I would love to know why people are angry.  It seems to be different for different people. For some it's Farke, some it's Webber, for some it's DS/MJW, for some it's the players and for the most angry it is probably for all of them! 

....and to the person who says they spend £500-600 pounds following the team.....so do I. The few games I have been to this season have cost me at least that in tickets/travel/staying over costs.  

 

What about when we win a doggy penalty or one of our players does a bad tackle on another teams player. Do you get angry then?

Or do you say ha ha f@#k um. 
 

You’re the worst sort of fan, you moan and grizzle about every little thing that goes against us but never see why. Why because it’s sport. It’s actually those little things that go against you that make the victories all the sweeter. 
 

you have advice and an answer for everyone but the truth is you know nothing. Your £600 a seasondoesn’t cover my pre game bar bill a term. Let alone all the other tickets and travel. I couldn’t care less what you spend or how many games you go to. (As long a you’re never sat next to me) but telling me how to feel when the club I love has been humiliated like it’s been allowed to be this year. You can pi$$ off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's another thread putting the other side of the story. We get thread after thread on here full of anger about the owners, the manager, certain players etc etc - and not enough of the balanced arguments. If I keep repeating stuff, it is to make sure the other side of the argument gets as much air time as much as the often over the top and sometimes fake anger.  In the real world, anger is not everywhere you go - but on here it appears that it is - and that is a false situation. 

So the more anger and negativity I see on here, the more I am likely to post my stuff, because I do not want to spend my time on here just reading negative nonsense. So if people want me to stop posting about their unreasonable expectations and over the top reactions to setbacks - then they just need to stop doing it. The club is fine, it will carry on, it will have good days again as much as it has bad days this season. It is football and there will always be ups and downs. No need for too much anger - especially this season of all seasons with the way it has had to be messed about with.

 

 

But we have to read you positive nonsense?

 

Why is this all about you?

All the time? 

You are so self absorbed it's unreal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So everyone needs to stop having different opinions on here so you will stop? Not sure if that makes for a very interesting forum.... it's not anger it's passion and a dislike of being shown up. 

On both sides of the debate it's often anger that bridges the divide. I prefer humour. But that seems to provoke more anger🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I changed my perspective on this subject, helped by a chat over glass or two of ale with a very good friend and fellow football nut who happens not to be a Norwich City fan. It made a difference talking to somebody who is as football mad as me, who has played football to a decent amateur level and who is a passionate and loyal supporter of his hometown club (it is not Ippo) and who has no axe to grind regarding Norwich City, Delia Smith, Stuart Webber or Daniel Farke. Basically I do not agree with the premise that because we were promoted as champions last season that gives the owners, Director of Football or Head Coach a "get out of jail free card", what we achieved was great but it is history, it is the here and now we should be concentrating on and quite frankly our performances since the restart have been disgraceful, and I for one have no issue with fans getting angry about it.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...