Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Is this the end for Dirmic ?

Hope not, think he will score next season. He is desperat to impres. But he is a good striker that will score.

Edited by Olano

It doesn't look good when people can't even spell your name right.

I think he will be removed from the payroll tbh.

Drmic can always fall back on his musical talents and ambitions if soccer don't work out....If that also flounders, he could always then apply for a position in 'Neppers Tom's' ultra successful photographic business?..... 

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I was hoping during the second half the ink was drying on the cheque Webber had just written to pay him off 

If his reported £50,000 salary is accurate, it'd cost us £5m to pay him off. He's played six years in German football, so we might be able to persuade someone to take a punt on him for no transfer fee, on the grounds that he 'didn't settle in English football'...

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If his reported £50,000 salary is accurate, it'd cost us £5m to pay him off. He's played six years in German football, so we might be able to persuade someone to take a punt on him for no transfer fee, on the grounds that he 'didn't settle in English football'...

Minus 2 weeks wages for the sending off !!

• Haha 1

I can’t see us getting rid of him, and if we did plan to terminate his contract I think we’d sign another striker first to make things safe. I also still have some belief in him as a player too. Yes I know he’s been very poor this season, but I think a lot of it was down to lack of game time due to injury and being 2nd choice most of the time behind Pukki - we’ll just have to see how he does in the Championship next season.

If he doesn’t start showing some form next season though, I reckon we’ll try to sell him or release him when his contract expires

11 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I can’t see us getting rid of him, and if we did plan to terminate his contract I think we’d sign another striker first to make things safe. I also still have some belief in him as a player too. Yes I know he’s been very poor this season, but I think a lot of it was down to lack of game time due to injury and being 2nd choice most of the time behind Pukki - we’ll just have to see how he does in the Championship next season.

If he doesn’t start showing some form next season though, I reckon we’ll try to sell him or release him when his contract expires

He still has two years left on his contract, at a reported £50k per week. Trying to find a suitor in the Bundesliga during the break would be the best solution for all parties, I reckon. But if he does stay, I'm sure he won't be as awful as he's been in recent weeks.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

He still has two years left on his contract, at a reported £50k per week. Trying to find a suitor in the Bundesliga during the break would be the best solution for all parties, I reckon. But if he does stay, I'm sure he won't be as awful as he's been in recent weeks.

he will have a relegation clause in that contract he will not be on 50k a week next year 

well i hope not !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

We need to raise a grand 

Screenshot_20200718_202115_com.android.chrome.jpg

...might be cheaper from Stansted. I'll drive him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

he will have a relegation clause in that contract he will not be on 50k a week next year 

well i hope not !

Yeah, fair enough. Did I read somewhere that all the players have 50% reductions in their contracts? I'm sure I read that next season only one player will be earning more than £20k.

He can’t really be on 50k a week can he? After they criticised paying Naismith that much? Relegation clause or not, I’d be shocked if they were willing to risk having to pay him 25k a week in the championship. Even if we didn’t have to pay any transfer fee for him.

• Like 2

A quick google search suggests he is on 27k a week.

I don't think the club would be dishing out 50k per week contracts after the Naismith debacle. 

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

A quick google search suggests he is on 27k a week.

I don't think the club would be dishing out 50k per week contracts after the Naismith debacle. 

I just Googled it too, and found about £29k. However, I'm not sure how reliable some of those sites are; I thought the 50k figure came from someone who had an inside source?

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I just Googled it too, and found about £29k. However, I'm not sure how reliable some of those sites are; I thought the 50k figure came from someone who had an inside source?

Yeah i'm not sure of the accuracy but 50k per week just seems unrealistic. 

From what we heard Webber had been negotiating pretty hard on players contracts. I don't see him relenting to 50k per week, transfer fee or not. 

2 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Yeah i'm not sure of the accuracy but 50k per week just seems unrealistic. 

From what we heard Webber had been negotiating pretty hard on players contracts. I don't see him relenting to 50k per week, transfer fee or not. 

I would be surprised too, but I have a vague recollection of someone trustworthy saying he believed Drmic to be on circa £50k. Hope I'm wrong, obviously! 🙂

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I would be surprised too, but I have a vague recollection of someone trustworthy saying he believed Drmic to be on circa £50k. Hope I'm wrong, obviously! 🙂

Yeah i sincerely hope he isn't. 

I think bearing in mind his pedigree ,it was a gamble worth taking ,sadly it has not worked out and the quickly we get shot of him the better.😚

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Transfer fee (or lack of it) aside, can anyone think of a reason why Drmic isn't worse than van Wolfswinkel?

I certainly don't think he's any better, but it won't go down in history as a colossal fail because we didn't pay anything for him. 

There's no sign of any improvement so i do think he needs to be moved on when the season ends. 

Sad thing is that he seemed to be there today to show for all and I think he really did put himself in the game unliie I've never before seen when playing for us. His foul was all about trying so hard and making fool move due to that.

I've not appreciated the guy myself either and he really have shown nothing. But if he will put those hard working boots on in future, I'm more than willing to give him a chance. He is playing now in team that really have not been able to create real chances with other forwards either and he has been beaten with words from everywhere, which must be really hard mentally. I truly wish he will get his chance next season, when we play better, and prove himself as a decent player.