Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Is Pukki off then?

Is that why we aren't starting him? 

Because we're planning for next season without him?

I can't think of any other reason, what had Drmic done to keep his place in the side? 

Perhaps the idea is to give Pukki a rest, he’s not been 100% and I’d prefer him as close to it as possible for the restart, if he’s still here. 

• Like 2

Difficult to imagine that any player who still has ambition would want to stay here, and I would guess there's quite a few who would fit in to that category.

No point in staying here and stagnating for another season in the Champs especially when it is so blatantly obvious that the Players & Farke are no longer singing from the same hymn sheet.

In those situations there's usually only one winner and that isn't the Manager

If Farke doesn't chuck in the towel then there'll be a queue of agents knocking on Webbers door wanting their man, or men, out of here PDQ.

• Like 3

I really feel for Pukki, he spends the majority of the gameS chasing back defending deep in our half and when we do attack he is alone up top, no wonder his confidence dropped should have stuck him up top with Idah and Onel at the restart, would have seen last seasons Pukki. 

I've been thinking about this today. If the plan is for Pukki to be the main striker next season then I can't see any other choice but to play him right now to try and get a goal or two, and with that some confidence, ahead of the new season. 

The fact Drmic is starting suggests to me that Pukki won't be here next season or the club is trying to put Drmic in the shop window (there are rumours he is one of the higher earners at the club). I'm inclined to think the latter given the fact Idah hasnt been given game time, although, this could be down to farke not wanting to put too much pressure on him by placing him in a team which isn't producing anything going forwards. 

I've been of the view for a while that something happened in January to put an end to the Pukki Party. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll be here in September.

24 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I've been of the view for a while that something happened in January to put an end to the Pukki Party. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll be here in September.

it was that Spurs offside 😆

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Difficult to imagine that any player who still has ambition would want to stay here, and I would guess there's quite a few who would fit in to that category.

No point in staying here and stagnating for another season in the Champs especially when it is so blatantly obvious that the Players & Farke are no longer singing from the same hymn sheet.

If Farke doesn't chuck in the towel then there'll be a queue of agents knocking on Webbers door wanting their man, or men, out of here PDQ.

I suppose we could make stuff up and hope enough people believe it although apart from potentially having a negative effect on the team you claim to support im struggling to see the point?

A win that day may have given some confidence & belief to the team, not just to Pukki. Sometimes a good win gets some momentum going. A bit of straw-clutching I know, we' ll never know, but it will remain one of those "what might have been" moments from this ultimately deflating season.

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

A win that day may have given some confidence & belief to the team, not just to Pukki. Sometimes a good win gets some momentum going. A bit of straw-clutching I know, we' ll never know, but it will remain one of those "what might have been" moments from this ultimately deflating season.

completely agree, I think out of all of the moments this season, that was the turning point. Lovely Vrancic assist too...

It was a peach of a pass from Mario alright. A cruel one to strike off the records. But I think every club has suffered from some questionable decisions over the season. When you're scrapping & under the cosh, you tend to be on the end of more 'pressure situations' and that's probably why we feel a bit harder done by with VAR. Still though...!

Would imagine that behind the scenes there is trouble brewing 

Need a complete clear out starting at the top

• Like 1

Pukki had probably suffered most from our growing lack of confidence. Especially since the restart we've got deeper and deeper to the point where we just aren't creating anything for our strikers. We could have Ronaldo and Messi up top and still not score right now.

I don't mind but playing Pukki, he hasn't scored since January and needs to earn his place. But why play Drmic over Idah who has shown much more worthy of a chance in his cameos than Drmic has.

Hopefully he'll finally get a crack against Man City

11 hours ago, Making Plans said:

This is the sort of thing you were spouting before things took off in our promotion season. 

I think many fans have had their doubts about Drmic, and with a number of expected changes before the start of next season, I begin to wonder if both Farke and Webber also have their doubts and thus want to give him the minutes at this point to either confirm or dispel their suspicions?

It's hard to judge any of our strikers at present, as our supply to them is almost non-existent which is also probably why Farke sees a lot of merit in them covering ground to try to engineer at least something as the through balls and attacking play from behind them just isn't there.

I simply don't think that Drmic has ever really impressed at any point this season, and whilst I do think there's a decent player still in there, maybe going straight into the PL after his injury problems and lack of match fitness was simply a step too far, and he may well be able to perform in the Champs, but after today's debacle I think we'd happily move him back to Germany or similar if a deal was on the table.

I do think Pukki will be here next season unless we get a strong offer for his services and he wants to make a move, but at the minute, we're in such a s**t position, that it's almost pointless risking him to injury, much like it's arguably pointless to throw Idah in and risk denting his confidence at the same time.

All 3 of them would be a pretty damn good setup for the champs, with Pukki in lead position and Idah given the chance to really prove himself (he's looked very good considering his age at this level and relative lack of games), with Drmic providing 3rd choice coverage for injury etc.

11 hours ago, Dave Brighton said:

I really feel for Pukki, he spends the majority of the gameS chasing back defending deep in our half and when we do attack he is alone up top, no wonder his confidence dropped should have stuck him up top with Idah and Onel at the restart, would have seen last seasons Pukki. 

I think this is the big issue of our season and has been brutally highlighted since the restart.  Our lone striker is often alone in the final third areas where you want to hurt the opposition.  I've seen pundits criticise Lewis for getting into good wide positions and then going backwards.  The problem he has is that he gets wide and there is no one to aim for but the lone striker vs 4,5,6 defensive players

56 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I've seen pundits criticise Lewis for getting into good wide positions and then going backwards.  The problem he has is that he gets wide and there is no one to aim for but the lone striker vs 4,5,6 defensive players

That's somewhat fair, but then compare him to Aarons on the opposite who also has the problem of lack of players in support, but instead of going backwards 90% of the time, he goes agressive and uses his pace and confidence to buy extra time to get that support or even beat the defender.

Lewis for me has gone backwards this season (and I don't mean with his passes!), his pace and willingness to attack were the standout features that really shone when he made his breakthrough in the team on a regular basis, he now seems far more frightened to attack and used that pace offensively once he's reached a certain part of the pitch, and then comes the inevitable turn and pass backwards instead of really demanding the defenders deal with him.

12 hours ago, Grando said:

Well, Drmic won’t be starting the next few games...

If i was him i would want to get out of Norwich as fast as i could. He knows he isn't liked or wanted by the fans and that his own performances have been dire. (Paddy actually gave  him a 3 player rating!!! Must be a first? ).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

If i was him i would want to get out of Norwich as fast as i could. He knows he isn't liked or wanted by the fans and that his own performances have been dire. (Paddy actually gave  him a 3 player rating!!! Must be a first? ).

Saw that...yet Paddy only gave Zimbo a 5. Don't know what he has to do to even get a 7.

4 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

This is the sort of thing you were spouting before things took off in our promotion season. 

I have absolutely no doubt that eventually I will be proven right and eventually will likely be sooner, much sooner, rather than later.