yellow_belly

Should Farke resign?

7 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

We got neither 100 goals nor 100 points last season......

should have been with nearly*

Apologies.

I believe Farke is certainly the right man for next season, but questions rightly should be asked after the record defeating season we’ve just had! Relegation is certainly not a firing point but the manner of the performance and fight since the return of football really isn’t good enough. I believe some players have certainly had talks with their agents who have lined up moves if they want them, I don’t believe he’s lost the dressing room, I just think half of them have already left in their minds.

Webber has already come out and has been critical of players which under the current climate says a lot.

Get the season done and those who want out get rid, we can’t go into next season with egos.

He should go but he won't resign and I wouldn't expect him to.  If the aim next season truly is to get promoted then he should be sacked, because there is no way, even with new signings that Farke is turning this shambles round.  If we are languishing around mid table or below come Christmas next season, then Webber should also be given his cards.

I also worry about the players who will be staying with us next season.  Not only because of the effect that this season will have on them but I also wonder will they, to some extent be thinking there's little point in getting promoted at this club?  Because when you do, there is little or no desire, backing, or ambition to stay there.  What's better another season of defeat after defeat and another relegation on your CV or a nice easy mid table Championship finish?  This could, whether subsconsciously or not, affect performances, motivation and morale.  Perhaps precisely because of this, we will see more players trying to get moves away from the club before next season. 

There's getting relegated and then there is getting relegated.  The manner in which we have been relegated this season could have a serious affect beyond just the relegation itself.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Why? **** *** could mean anything....might even be "love you"......you'll never know.

I can guess what the first four stars might be, but I'm intrigued by the second three? You should have used cunting (Thanks Drazen!)

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

I can guess what the first four stars might be, but I'm intrigued by the second three? You should have used cunting (Thanks Drazen!)

They are just asterisks.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

They are just asterisks.

I guessed that! I was just going for a cheap laugh!

• Like 1

My problem with Farke is does he actually learn anything from the mistakes - or do we continue to play the same way with it seems the inevitable same results?

In Farke's first season we finished poorly and at best mid table. Last season looked actually very similar early on, possibly worse,  and it was only when the 'B' team killed off Cardiff in the cup and injures forced Farke to change things that things improved. Even then at end of the season we actually struggled to get over line.

This season - frankly we have been regressing. Ponderous in attack and so on, always playing ourselves (into) trouble at the back and so on. 

Do I have confidence next season of a quick return to the PL - No. I suspect barring a new 'team' discovering itself again by chance we will struggle.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Van wink said:

Two sendings off and an own goal ffs, if we had capitulated to some extent given our situation you could have understood it, but no we fought to the end. This end of season has been a disaster and imo should never have happened, it is not a time to make any rash judgements about the manager.

This. /\  Everyone throwing their toys out of the pram should be ashamed of themselves, and reserve judgement for next year not this. 

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he has lost the dressing room 

something has happened at the club as the players are not playing as a team 

Long Time since i have seen a Norwich team look as bad 

we have been under dogs many times but this season we lack the fight or desire 

It’s the passing, what happened to it? We used to be very capable and have decimated teams with it. Odd team selections too. Then players almost purposely getting red cards, it’s a worry!

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who’s doing the tying of hands then? 

The same person who prior to “restart” took 86% of match day takings!

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

My problem with Farke is does he actually learn anything from the mistakes - or do we continue to play the same way with it seems the inevitable same results?

In Farke's first season we finished poorly and at best mid table. Last season looked actually very similar early on, possibly worse,  and it was only when the 'B' team killed off Cardiff in the cup and injures forced Farke to change things that things improved. Even then at end of the season we actually struggled to get over line.

This season - frankly we have been regressing. Ponderous in attack and so on, always playing ourselves (into) trouble at the back and so on. 

Do I have confidence next season of a quick return to the PL - No. I suspect barring a new 'team' discovering itself again by chance we will struggle.

I agree with this.

There have been glaring red flags over Farke since day one that were still there last season and have only amplified and been added to this season. 

I don't think he learns, he can't prepare his team, he certainly can't motivate them and he can't manage games. He relies on players rather than his own ingenuity. For comparison look how bad a squad we had under Lambert but we finished 12th that season. 

Maddison kept us from getting sucked into a relegation fight that first season. Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic (even though he didn't really trust him), Hernandez were all so hot last season but we conceded nearly 60 goals and those last 8 or 9 games were awful, we were about 10 clear at one point but still went into the last day with Blades able to win the league. This season his players have been found wanting and exposed his tactical inability. I'd even suggest a lot of them look fed up with him. 

I just think this is a man completely out of his depth. Us having one of the worst top flight performances in history and continually getting worse will only breed rot throughout the club. 

They only have a short time before the next season starts so does anyone genuinely think Farke will make the squad forget the travesty of this season so quickly? 

He can't motivate them now so why would he be able to motivate them in a few weeks time? They've just had 3 months off during lockdown and have regressed significantly during that period. 

I must say I agree with Leitner - he's a scheisse manager. 

• Like 4

What many seem to forget is that after appointment Farke’s side managed a mere 14th place championship finish. They had been favorites for promotion! The football was very very poor, but that was mostly blamed on the fact  the appointed Stuart Webber had to clear out several ‘overpaid’ footballing staff.

the next season Farke got his side promoted. However, the first few games up to and including Ipswich Town were appalling. Then the tide changed, however, a poor championship league was won conceding a record amount of goals for a championship winning team!

So we went into the Premiership with it being known we were now a self-financing club. The Crown Jewel of the playing staff, Maddison, was sold. Apparently this financial legacy kept the club afloat. Little of it, we know, was used to strengthen the playing staff. Farke and supporters pre pandemic saw the same championship title winning side  defence making the same mistakes week after week. They were robbed of the services of several defenders due to injury, but still the same mistakes were being made. Norwich City fell to the bottom of the league. Players brought in, ‘quality’ supporters were informed, left (e.g. Patrick Roberts) and others were frozen out (e.g. Leitner). And still the area where it was blindingly obvious to all it needed strengthening went unchecked. The pandemic struck. Farke returned to his homeland to be with his family, and when dates were bandied about regarding “restart,’ he returned prior to any “isolation” being required. Players started to train again, but absolutely nothing changed. In fact the defending got a whole lot worse and NCFC not unsurprisingly were relegated firing blanks yet again, after yet another home ‘capitulation’ against west ham. Goals dried up, And yet Farke remained ‘proud’ of his players. He wanted to do things ‘his way’. 

All city managers want to do things ‘their way’. 

Saunders, Stringer, Brown and several others all got city promoted doing things their way. several ‘failed’ too and paid the ultimate price. What is not lost on many is the fact that money was never, ever, made available to any manager at this club to take city to the next level. So, is Farke really to blame? Nothing, absolutely nothing has changed in the history of NCFC. And it won’t, even with footballs wonder boy Stuart Webber at the helm, who makes it very well known there is no money.

Do the club need to sack Farke. No, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Farke ‘walks’, because history is not on his side, and the cracks appear to be getting wider since his return to his family and Germany during the pandemic and since ‘restart’ took place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

What many seem to forget is that after appointment Farke’s side managed a mere 14th place championship finish. They had been favorites for promotion! The football was very very poor, but that was mostly blamed on the fact  the appointed Stuart Webber had to clear out several ‘overpaid’ footballing staff.

the next season Farke got his side promoted. However, the first few games up to and including Ipswich Town were appalling. Then the tide changed, however, a poor championship league was won conceding a record amount of goals for a championship winning team!

So we went into the Premiership with it being known we were now a self-financing club. The Crown Jewel of the playing staff, Maddison, was sold. Apparently this financial legacy kept the club afloat. Little of it, we know, was used to strengthen the playing staff. Farke and supporters pre pandemic saw the same championship title winning side  defence making the same mistakes week after week. They were robbed of the services of several defenders due to injury, but still the same mistakes were being made. Norwich City fell to the bottom of the league. Players brought in, ‘quality’ supporters were informed, left (e.g. Patrick Roberts) and others were frozen out (e.g. Leitner). And still the area where it was blindingly obvious to all it needed strengthening went unchecked. The pandemic struck. Farke returned to his homeland to be with his family, and when dates were bandied about regarding “restart,’ he returned prior to any “isolation” being required. Players started to train again, but absolutely nothing changed. In fact the defending got a whole lot worse and NCFC not unsurprisingly were relegated firing blanks yet again, after yet another home ‘capitulation’ against west ham. Goals dried up, And yet Farke remained ‘proud’ of his players. He wanted to do things ‘his way’. 

All city managers want to do things ‘their way’. 

Saunders, Stringer, Brown and several others all got city promoted doing things their way. several ‘failed’ too and paid the ultimate price. What is not lost on many is the fact that money was never, ever, made available to any manager at this club to take city to the next level. So, is Farke really to blame? Nothing, absolutely nothing has changed in the history of NCFC. And it won’t, even with footballs wonder boy Stuart Webber at the helm, who makes it very well known there is no money.

Do the club need to sack Farke. No, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Farke ‘walks’, because history is not on his side, and the cracks appear to be getting wider since his return to his family and Germany during the pandemic and since ‘restart’ took place.

I think his return to Germany during lockdown has increased his desire to return ‘home’ soon.

I don’t think he wants to be here now and I believe that the players feel that.

Thanks for last year, but toodle pip Mr Farke.

He has been hamstrung by two terrible transfer windows this season and the injuries to all the CB’s. However the fact he Insisted on playing the same way against every team this year is naive at best and self destructive at worst. 

Plus how many players has Farke actually improved through his coaching since he’s been here? the lack of defensive improvement over three seasons says to me that something is amiss in his ability to improve players. Either that or they don’t even do defensive drills in training.

I also think because we have been so bad since the restart that the hangover for next season may be too much for him to overcome even with a refresh of the squad. 

3 minutes ago, valiant said:

He has been hamstrung by two terrible transfer windows this season and the injuries to all the CB’s. However the fact he Insisted on playing the same way against every team this year is naive at best and self destructive at worst. 

Plus how many players has Farke actually improved through his coaching since he’s been here? the lack of defensive improvement over three seasons says to me that something is amiss in his ability to improve players. Either that or they don’t even do defensive drills in training.

I also think because we have been so bad since the restart that the hangover for next season may be too much for him to overcome even with a refresh of the squad. 

They arent judging him on how many players he has improved, they only care that big £s are coming in for these youngsters. The owners are the ones to blame and Farke has had his hands tied by their “self funding” hilarity since day one. I’m not impressed with him this season, but he has been dealt a terrible hand!

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

They arent judging him on how many players he has improved, they only care that big £s are coming in for these youngsters. The owners are the ones to blame and Farke has had his hands tied by their “self funding” hilarity since day one. I’m not impressed with him this season, but he has been dealt a terrible hand!

Agreed he’s been dealt a terrible hand and despite my criticisms I still think he should get another chance next season but as a coach he has big flaws that he hasn’t addressed. 

nor sure I would blame the owners for not throwing silly money at the squad. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

How can you say what someone feels is valid or not? I don't care if Farke's here or not next season, if he stays we go again, if he goes thanks for last season, absolutely not bothered either way. And as a few have quoted me saying "same" I'm not the only one. 

Pretty arrogant to say someone's opinion is invalid, especially when by your own admission you're not even bothering to watch the games. 

Not a fan of sitting in front of my computer for nearly two hours watching what might be a ropy stream, especially now for matches that cannot affect our fate.

17 minutes ago, valiant said:

Agreed he’s been dealt a terrible hand and despite my criticisms I still think he should get another chance next season but as a coach he has big flaws that he hasn’t addressed. 

nor sure I would blame the owners for not throwing silly money at the squad. 

I appreciate he has been poor, he’s got the first ten games for me and we will know. He seems like he’s got money to spend. I don’t agree with the constant purchasing of “players tipped for the top until injuries etc”. We need to spend on experience.

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not a fan of sitting in front of my computer for nearly two hours watching what might be a ropy stream, especially now for matches that cannot affect our fate.

Most of our games have been on Freeview 🙄

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Most of our games have been on Freeview 🙄

I don't know what that is but probably not available on my TV.

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't know what that is but probably not available on my TV.

I'm assuming you live outside of the UK?

4 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

I agree with this.

There have been glaring red flags over Farke since day one that were still there last season and have only amplified and been added to this season. 

I don't think he learns, he can't prepare his team, he certainly can't motivate them and he can't manage games. He relies on players rather than his own ingenuity. For comparison look how bad a squad we had under Lambert but we finished 12th that season. 

Maddison kept us from getting sucked into a relegation fight that first season. Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic (even though he didn't really trust him), Hernandez were all so hot last season but we conceded nearly 60 goals and those last 8 or 9 games were awful, we were about 10 clear at one point but still went into the last day with Blades able to win the league. This season his players have been found wanting and exposed his tactical inability. I'd even suggest a lot of them look fed up with him. 

I just think this is a man completely out of his depth. Us having one of the worst top flight performances in history and continually getting worse will only breed rot throughout the club. 

They only have a short time before the next season starts so does anyone genuinely think Farke will make the squad forget the travesty of this season so quickly? 

He can't motivate them now so why would he be able to motivate them in a few weeks time? They've just had 3 months off during lockdown and have regressed significantly during that period. 

I must say I agree with Leitner - he's a scheisse manager. 

Problem is, there's not too many 'scheisse' managers who take a team of lower league foreign player bought for next to no money and turn them into a team that played the best football, scored nearly 100 goals and won the championship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm assuming you live outside of the UK?

I do, and my TV is not connected to the internet, or linked to a satellite. Shocking, I know but some of us (a decreasing number...) still live like that!

Moving on, yesterday sounds horrrific but unless - and I very much doubt this is the case - Farke has 'lost the dressing room' (a phrase ususually employed by pundits with zero inside knowledge) then it was an irrelevance. A farce, to be sure, and embarrassing to the outside world, but not a guide to how well or badly the team will play next season.

In the unlikely event Farke did leave or was pushed it wouldn't make much difference. The point of the project, whether one likes it or not, is that the head coach is replaceable without altering the style or the make-up iof the squad.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

I do, and my TV is not connected to the internet, or linked to a satellite. Shocking, I know but some of us (a decreasing number...) still live like that!

Moving on, yesterday sounds horrrific but unless - and I very much doubt this is the case - Farke has 'lost the dressing room' (a phrase ususually employed by pundits with zero inside knowledge) then it was an irrelevance. A farce, to be sure, and embarrassing to the outside world, but not a guide to how well or badly the team will play next season.

In the unlikely event Farke did leave or was pushed it wouldn't make much difference. The point of the project, whether one likes it or not, is that the head coach is replaceable without altering the style or the make-up iof the squad.

Purple it was a terrible match watch !

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is the part people are still struggling with. Everybody from Webber down is a replaceable cog. Unlike the old system where a manager would come in with his staff, scouts etc and if he went the whole lot would have to be replaced this system means we can replace one part and carry on. (Inevitably some of the coaching staff would leave if Farke went but it wouldn't necessarily mean the changing of the whole guard like the old system.)

16 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

When do football managers resign? Get real.

Neil Harris did at Millwall when he realised he couldn't take them any further. I think DF would do the same if things deteriorated further

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I appreciate he has been poor, he’s got the first ten games for me and we will know. He seems like he’s got money to spend. I don’t agree with the constant purchasing of “players tipped for the top until injuries etc”. We need to spend on experience.

Annoyingly that’s just were we are as a club. Every other player we get in will not be good enough. It’s why I would only tweak and not go for a massive overhaul. As we will be replacing players that have proven capable in the championship with risks. 

2 hours ago, valiant said:

I question the coaching staffs ability to improve defending set pieces, scoring from set pieces, and correctly managing zonal marking. Maybe they are just not good enough?