yellow_belly

Should Farke resign?

38 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

How can you say what someone feels is valid or not? I don't care if Farke's here or not next season, if he stays we go again, if he goes thanks for last season, absolutely not bothered either way. And as a few have quoted me saying "same" I'm not the only one. 

Pretty arrogant to say someone's opinion is invalid, especially when by your own admission you're not even bothering to watch the games. 

Actually I was saying in effect the opposite - that posters should have opinions.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's irrational because DF brought some of the best football to the club that it has seen for ages and, imo. his talents are proven.

Whilst his execution has been far, far from perfect this season he was surely dealt a poor hand from the outset.

There's a lot more to take into account when evaluating our failed season that makes just clumsily honing in  on the manager,  who has just experienced his first taste of the demands of the English Premier League, in such a hackneyed and ill-informed manner.

Debate is not just a one liner asking an abrasive question, but more a posting that follows this up with sound reasoning and viable alternatives, whilst not handily discounting the progress that the club has made over the last two years, youthwise and squad wise  and to say nothing of plans for the immediate future, which seem to me to be progressing well. 

IE, the bigger picture.

Judge each post on its merits. If it's a one-liner with no real logic behind it, dismiss it as such. But I don't think it's an unreasonable conversation to be having in and of itself.

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually I was saying in effect the opposite - that posters should have opinions.

'I don't care' is still an opinion.

My opinion is I'm now fairly unsure of what I think of him as a coach. I think he deserves the start of next season to turn things around but I also wouldn't be up in arms if he quit or if the board decided a fresh start was needed.

So, my opinion is I don't really care.

• Like 1

I want Farke to turn this around but something changed during that lockdown. We’ve never been able to defend well under him but hes been all over the place with his selections and tactics and frankly doesn’t look motivated at all. The team selection v Saints was wrong and he’s not really hot anything right since. it’s a real worry. 

50 minutes ago, Number9 said:

They've signed 50 players since being here, what funds did they use for those?

Not a lot, they’ve had to sell their best players and use the money for them on cheaper versions with cheaper wages and the chunk of the money has been used to repay debts. But don’t worry “self funding” puts a wonderful spin on it!

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I want Farke to turn this around but something changed during that lockdown. We’ve never been able to defend well under him but hes been all over the place with his selections and tactics and frankly doesn’t look motivated at all. The team selection v Saints was wrong and he’s not really hot anything right since. it’s a real worry. 

I was talking to a neutral mate who watches us quite a bit and he says that it appears Farke has lost the dressing room 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I was talking to a neutral mate who watches us quite a bit and he says that it appears Farke has lost the dressing room 

There is a disconnect there it appears to me. Whether it can be resolved remains to be seen 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

No but he might. He's been badly let down today.

That said if we don't get off to a good start next season I think the knives will be out.

Yeah without any shadow of doubt,them knives will be out

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah without any shadow of doubt,them knives will be out

How exciting! I bet you can't wait.

44 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well 'love you' didn't asterisk......something more derogatory puts those asterisks in place of norty wurds an' hinsults.... But I do hope your corks remain on your hat.....apart from one, that's hopefully the biggest 'stopper'....I won't tell you where to stick that.....

I put the asterisks there myself, dobbo.

The problem is with every game, fresh reasons to doubt Farke's position come to light. Today is discipline. 

And the thing is you don't shake these issues with quick cosmetic change. 

It will either require wholesale playing staff change or a new coach.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I put the asterisks there myself, dobbo.

Dobbo would like to know if you also have corks hanging from your 'club supporting armchair?'......

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Doesn't matter if he has because his mate Webber will simply shift out the 'rebels' and Farke will 'carry on for as long as he likes' (apparently).  Webber is digging in with his abrasive character and will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to go to The Stowmarket Two and tell them that Herr Farke should be sent back to The Fatherland. No way will the club change manager in such a short close season now upon us but they will try and tough it out during the first few weeks / months if the decline is not reversed. One thing is for sure, once the natives are allowed back into the ground,  they will make their feelings pretty damn clear if this farce carries on.     

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

How exciting! I bet you can't wait.

I'm not pro farke ,I'm not anti farke either ,so why do you think this is the situation ****.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Dobbo can **** ***

Love you

😘

No flys on you.....must be them corks.....

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'm not pro farke ,I'm not anti farke either ,so why do you think this is the situation ****.

Just a hunch based on the language you used.

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

i think he has lost the dressing room 

something has happened at the club as the players are not playing as a team 

Long Time since i have seen a Norwich team look as bad 

we have been under dogs many times but this season we lack the fight or desire 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he has lost the dressing room 

something has happened at the club as the players are not playing as a team 

Long Time since i have seen a Norwich team look as bad 

we have been under dogs many times but this season we lack the fight or desire 

Yeah your dead right ,something is seriously wrong at this club,dunno what exactly ,but if we're looking for a positive zimmerman looked good Tonite .😚

• Like 1

Not sure that anyone would expect him to resign. He spelled it out last week.

Personally, I think he has revealed weaknesses. We have seen some strange decisions in selections, tactics and substitutions.

We have to see what happens for the first ten games with new players before we come to a final decision.

14 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Reeeeeettttttaaaaarrrrrddddd.

Yep, hunch confirmed.

At the moment we have the difficult position whereby some of the players are likely to keep a Premier League salary, whilst others will be taking a huge pay cut due to a relegation clause. I don't think that helps with togetherness or morale. Victims of our own success in some ways and it might not be a bad thing we start with a clean slate and some new faces.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well, I don’t know (not least since the one game I have watched was our one half-decent performance, in the Cup), except I think the only reaction that is not valid is the ‘don’t care’ one. I do think the restart has been a bit of a perfect  storm, starting with the news that our best two Centre backs would not be available.

I do also Farke lacks experience as a coach at this level, and that, with elements of the perfect storm, make him look as if he has lost whatever the plot might be. But if I had to bet I would say he will stay, and that various imminent signings will lift the mood.

Apart from that of Making Plans, but then they can console themselves with Mylene Farmer, who represents the very best of French pop music - and yes,that is damning with the faintest of praise.

From the sound of it this reminds me of another farcical game I did see, when we lost 3-1 at home to an equally dreadful Everton side, with Everton having to kick the ball into their own net to give us a solitary goal. And within an hour Saunders was either sacked by Arthur South or resigned, depending on whose version you believe. That had been building, and South knew who he wanted to take over, and why. I don't see the same happening here.

Well the odds were against us this season. We were joint favourites to go down.

Last season we defied the odds to have a fantastic season.

Take the two into account and Farke deserves next season at the least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I bet Ipswich fans are desperate for us to hold onto a manager who won the league we are about to be in with 100 goals and 100 points.

Is this poster a troll or an Ipswich fan? Let the posters decide..

We got neither 100 goals nor 100 points last season......

• Like 1

Other than little ole Norwich which other clubs would put up with a manager with such a poor season? 

There in lies the problem