Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Goodbye PL, goodbye VAR, **** you and goodnight.

Well it was nice of them to show us the action replay of Buendia's beating up of the Burnley player, backwards and forwards about ten times in slow motion, making it look ten times worse than it was.   A bit silly from Buendia - surely players know what VAR is like, but hardly violent.

Just seen Drmic's too, that was more like a red card, but really, this season has just finished as far as I'm concerned. Championship here we come and some real football for a season, not this technology infested, greed based, biased apology of a "top" league.  If we get back to the PL we will have to be a lot more savvy....players built like brick sh*thouses and clattering in to the opposition at every opportunity seems to do it. How Edmundson hasn't been booked today, I don't know. Burnley are welcome to their success, but good to watch football it isn't.

I would have us trying to play football any day compared to the rugby style players and physical football we see in the clubs in the lower region of the PL these days and if we come up again, that is what I will still want to see - beautiful football.  

cheer up, old fella

as Mr Kipling used to say

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same

then the rest is just a piece of cake"

* six slices to be precise
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well it was nice of them to show us the action replay of Buendia's beating up of the Burnley player, backwards and forwards about ten times in slow motion, making it look ten times worse than it was.   A bit silly from Buendia - surely players know what VAR is like, but hardly violent.

Just seen Drmic's too, that was more like a red card, but really, this season has just finished as far as I'm concerned. Championship here we come and some real football for a season, not this technology infested, greed based, biased apology of a "top" league.  If we get back to the PL we will have to be a lot more savvy....players built like brick sh*thouses and clattering in to the opposition at every opportunity seems to do it. How Edmundson hasn't been booked today, I don't know. Burnley are welcome to their success, but good to watch football it isn't.

I would have us trying to play football any day compared to the rugby style players and physical football we see in the clubs in the lower region of the PL these days and if we come up again, that is what I will still want to see - beautiful football.  

Lakey don’t give up with a game to go! We have Man City next.

i don’t think we are a good to watch team anymore. (This season).

i fear for next season, I really do!

Goodbye PL and hopefully we don’t see you again under the current owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1