Icecream Snow

Official Norwich vs Burnley Match Thread

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Perhaps, but I’m 100% certain that one or both would not have been given as red against us.

100% certain? A VAR conspiracy against Norwich? Or for Burnley? 🤔 Really?

Don't give the ref the option of sending you off in the first place; both were stupid decisions by the players. 

OTBC

I’m just astonished - that half of football didn’t warrant any red cards for me, and they end up with a goal of the guy’s shin just to rub it in.

earlier in the half, their guy slapped Aarons on the back and no card....how is that right?

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

100% certain? A VAR conspiracy against Norwich? Or for Burnley? 🤔 Really?

Don't give the ref the option of sending you off in the first place; both were stupid decisions by the players. 

OTBC

Yes.  Are you 100% certain they would have been?  How about their guy slapping Aarons on the back...no card?

Edited by Branston Pickle

This completely fits all the ****e VAR decisions that went against us this season.  It could have been an entertaining match, we looked bright and positive until Emi's red. Bearing in mind that this is a game is  between two sides that have little to play for, I see the two sending offs even more pointless. Is this fun for anyone? If we'd send out the U23s for the next match, I couln't care less. 

Edited by Budapest Canary

The funny thing is, although it's not that funny, that since resart when it really mattered we've hardly made a tackle of any significance and now when it doesn't matter, we have 2 players sent off

Edited by Making Plans

I’Ve been listening to Talk Sh!te EPL radio commentary, and it’s living up to it’s name ... apparently our season has been an abject embarrassment since we beat Man City.....

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Nothing to be worried about we're already relegated

We can still win......

Players bringing more embarrassment on the club , the 2019/20 squad will go down as one of the worst in club history 

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

I’Ve been listening to Talk Sh!te EPL radio commentary, and it’s living up to it’s name ... apparently our season has been an abject embarrassment since we beat Man City.....

Factually correct I am afraid 

Whatever you think about our club, whatever decision is made using VAR is always open to debate. I’m with Morinho - it’s meant to make things right. Instead it just opens it up to conjecture - I’ve seen 3 asbsolute blatent corners this season and VAR doesn’t overturn those idiot decisions. 4 decisions where the limo flagged and the goal stood even though you can’t say the defence turned off when they saw the flag. 

Glad to be gone......

Emi off for violent conduct? I'd do more damage if I dropped a bath sponge on my own foot! And the second red, regardless of the validity, why no looking at the screen for that one Mr Friend?  Meanwhile Burnley players laughing at what they've got away with in the first half, habitually leaving something on the man at every opportunity. Wonder why so many players didn't want to extend their contracts there. I'd rather get relegated if than play Dyche anti football.

• Like 1

Just now, crispeduk said:

Emi off for violent conduct? I'd do more damage if I dropped a bath sponge on my own foot! And the second red, regardless of the validity, why no looking at the screen for that one Mr Friend?  Meanwhile Burnley players laughing at what they've got away with in the first half, habitually leaving something on the man at every opportunity. Wonder why so many players didn't want to extend their contracts there. I'd rather get relegated if than play Dyche anti football.

Like I said, glad to be gone .....

I'm weighing up whether to watch the second half or remove one of my nuts with a blunt knife. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Are you, though? Or are you not wallowing in it?

You really are an oddball aren’t you fella 

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

The ref gave the straight red for Drmic. With no VAR it would still have been a straight red.

But EMI would still be on as it would’ve been ‘handbags - shake hands....

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes.  Are you 100% certain they would have been?  How about their guy slapping Aarons on the back...no card?

No, because the human factor ensures it could never be 100% certain! That's why it was a bit silly for you to say something like that...

But they were both red cards under the current rules so should have been given, whoever it was for or against.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

I'm weighing up whether to watch the second half or remove one of my nuts with a blunt knife. 

I'd suggest a spoon.