Icecream Snow

Official Norwich vs Burnley Match Thread

Makes sense to play Drmic. Pukki has nothing to prove and nothing to gain, and if he knocks in a couple of goals it might tempt someone to bid for him. Starting Idah in a side completely bereft of confidence could lead to him losing some of his own confidence, and his time will definitely come next season.

Drmic, on the other hand, has nothing to lose. The game really doesn't matter, but if he can somehow put in a couple of decent performances today and against Citeh, it might give him a bit of a spark going into next season (or, better, remind a couple of Bundesliga clubs of his existence).

Just now, Making Plans said:

Nothing to be worried about we're already relegated

Still want us to put in a performance. Still want a clean sheet and still want a win. It's hard-wired isn't it?

20 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Loving the Luciano Becchio syndrome with Idah.

How is it a Becchio syndrome? Every time Idah is on the pitch, even for a shirt time he looks and is far more threatening than Drmic

The parallels between Idah and Becchio start and end with their preferred position.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Makes sense to play Drmic. Pukki has nothing to prove and nothing to gain, and if he knocks in a couple of goals it might tempt someone to bid for him. Starting Idah in a side completely bereft of confidence could lead to him losing some of his own confidence, and his time will definitely come next season.

Drmic, on the other hand, has nothing to lose. The game really doesn't matter, but if he can somehow put in a couple of decent performances today and against Citeh, it might give him a bit of a spark going into next season (or, better, remind a couple of Bundesliga clubs of his existence).

Can't agree Wolfie. I am not bothered about next season until this one is over. I want to see our best team on the pitch every time.

And Drmic is not our best up front. Idah is ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looks like Emi injured in warm up.

He is ok

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Can't agree Wolfie. I am not bothered about next season until this one is over. I want to see our best team on the pitch every time.

And Drmic is not our best up front. Idah is ahead of him.

Fair enough, I didn't expect everyone to agree with me on that 🙂

Anything we can do now to help us next season is worth a punt, and Drmic is the biggest issue we have to solve right now. If we can somehow get his huge salary off the wage bill then great, but if he's going to stay then these games are totally free punts for him to try to find some form.

It's the 'he doesn't play so he's our best player' sentiment. If he really was our best option Farke would have been playing him ages ago.

Russ Martin also thought that Drmic was a loan in the last broadcast.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Saying he covers a lot of ground wcorkio is surely not a joke as Farke said it to excuse his lacklustre performances ?

Not true, thats your interpretation of what he said. It was one of the positives , the negatives being new to team , system, country ,yada , yada.  Actually you are right , its not a joke(certainly not a funny one), im not  convinced by him either, but to make the same tired old snipe everytime he is mentioned is ,to say the least ,unoriginal and little dull.  Can you not repackage the point? even 3rd rate comedians mix it up a bit.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Looks like Emi injured in warm up.

Phew,  I thought "well that's Emi sold".....who else in the squad has got a serious case of 'warm up' twisted sock?....

Andy Garrett - 4 decades of Premier League Refereeing 

21 seasons not 49 years - Sky exaggerations 😜

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

This Match Reminded Me it was a 4-1 Defeat at home to Burnley On TV that was Worthingtons last match 

Went to that one and it was ugly.

• Like 1

Drmic “keeps his place despite criticism from fans “ LOL!! 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Noticed Famewo is on the bench - I thought we couldn’t use him?  If we could, why didn’t we before mow?

We got special permission to pick him from the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Went to that one and it was ugly.

It was Awful !!

He Had to Go but Nobody Should Go Through That Atmosphere  

Edited by norfolkngood

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

It was Awful !!

He Had to Go but Nobody Should Go Through That Atmosphere  

I recall it absolutely threw it down straight after the game, made for a great all round experience!