14 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Oh come on Branston.  They were both red cards, cant blame the ref. 

Both questionable enough not to have been given, though.  If the first was so certain why did it go back to the on-field ref?  There was clearly a question mark but he couldn’t get the card out quick enough. Var, rather than sorting stuff out, still leaves too much to interpretation.

Edited by Branston Pickle

The truth hurts cause is us, but sadly much as I hate him he is right. Unfortunately aside from the odd game this has been one of the most pathetic teams to ever attempt survival in the premier league. Relageted before we even started the season. The 'project' is a load of b@ll@cks - back to chump mid table obscurity next season with a bit more £ which suits the current ownership just fine. There will be no quick return - and frankly with the current owner and mindset, then what's the point to be honest - we are what we are - an unambitious top end championship side. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adelaide Canary said:

The truth hurts cause is us, but sadly much as I hate him he is right. Unfortunately aside from the odd game this has been one of the most pathetic teams to ever attempt survival in the premier league. Relageted before we even started the season. The 'project' is a load of b@ll@cks - back to chump mid table obscurity next season with a bit more £ which suits the current ownership just fine. There will be no quick return - and frankly with the current owner and mindset, then what's the point to be honest - we are what we are - an unambitious top end championship side. 

Again... unfortunately true. 

**** Manchester City next week. I am fearing an Ipswich score 😱

Maybe they should have allowed injections of an unknown substance by the club drs to increase 'adrenaline'without questioning what it was,like Cascarino and his Marseille team mates

A man who knowingly played international football for a country that he wasn’t eligible to play for.  How do these people get jobs spouting their opinion to the rest of us?

There's a reason it's known as Talk****e.

Leeds United have been praised as one of the best teams ever to be promoted to the Premier League – and that’s according to an ex-Chelsea star!

There is no love lost between the two sides but that hasn’t stopped former Blues striker – and not talkSPORT host – Tony Cascarino lavishing them with compliments.

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Leeds United have been praised as one of the best teams ever to be promoted to the Premier League – and that’s according to an ex-Chelsea star!

There is no love lost between the two sides but that hasn’t stopped former Blues striker – and not talkSPORT host – Tony Cascarino lavishing them with compliments.

One of the best teams ever?  Has he seen their points tally?  They wouldn’t have even finished top in any of the last three seasons.

I think you can just put that one down to the Leeds love-in that was inevitable in the media on their promotion, them being so big and important and all that. I’m sure the local PL plods have missed the annual visit from some of their more Neanderthal supporters...

Edited by Branston Pickle

22 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not a fan...

I listened to him and his partner give the Premier League Live radio commentary, and honestly the other guy was much worse.

Not biased, but pathetically condescending. Constantly pointing out how bad our season has been, and in their opinion our season ended after Man City at home. Wishing Burnley would spank us in the second half and when of course it didn't happen, going on and on and on about how bad this makes Burnley. 

No comments about where do Norwich go from here, what mistakes did they make, what positives can they take from the season? Just Cantwell should leave, Krul should leave, Farke should leave.... total disrespect to Norwich, and the Championship too. 

Honestly brutal commentary I can appreciate, just piling on and on and on - what do they think the point of that is?

Edited by Surfer

Ask a neutral and they will agree that since the restart what he says about Norwich City is absolutely true. We did fall from "best ever bottom team" to "best ever there for the parachute payments team". Neutrals also find Daniel Farke's constant belittling of his players astonishing. This has damaged the reputation of the club.You don't have to have the experience and expertise of Cascarino to work this out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think you can just put that one down to the Leeds love-in that was inevitable in the media on their promotion, them being so big and important and all that. I’m sure the local PL plods have missed the annual visit from some of their more Neanderthal supporters...

Sickening isn’t it? I had to turn R5 off off at the weekend as their presenters worked themselves up into what seemed like an orgasmic frenzy about such a ‘huge club’ being ‘back where they belong’. Nobody ‘belongs’ there, you have to earn the right, which dirty Leeds managed to hilariously **** away for season after season. And agreed, there will be quite a few cities and towns that will breathe a huge sigh of relief if the fixture list gives them Leeds (H) when the 
‘behind closed doors’ restriction remains, especially any BMW owners that park outside the ground. Anyways back to Cascarino, who may be offering up the usual Talksport ‘shock jock’ ****e, but that opinion is very much out there and we will have to live with it, our abject surrender to relegation cannot be denied. I (thankfully) didn’t hear it but would suggest Its pretty poor sports presenting if his ‘ expert opinion’ as to the way forward wasn’t then sought but there again this is Talksport we are talking about here.

22 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yet they physically can't attain our points tally this season. Interesting.

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

Since retiring from football, Cascarino has become a semi-professional poker player...

That was always on the cards.

• Like 1

More sensationalised bullsiht from a talksh!te presenter trying desperately to get people to bite. Doesn’t  take into account any mitigating factors even though some of what he says is true. 

Best ignored.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 17:49, Branston Pickle said:

I think you’ll find that during lockdown it was voted on on the bbc.

My issue is that people are rather rewriting the entire season based on post-lockdown performance and forgetting all else.  Had we finished the season as it stood in late March and been relegated finishing bottom at that point, I defy people to honestly state they’d be saying the same things as now.

I agree with what you are trying to say Branston. We were half decent up to lockdown - if inconsistent - and most fans were pretty happy, but unfortunately we aren't going to be remembered for that because this current run of form sticks out in peoples' minds rather horribly.

In the same way that Game of Thrones was completed ruined because Season 8 was so unbelievably sh1te.

We are currently approaching the end of our Season 8; the massive build up for the post-lockdown white walker fight turned out to be a pathetic anti-climax, Mario Vrancic has died inexplicably - baffling the viewers, Pukki has bizarrely been sent to The Wall and Josip Drmic has now been made the new king for no apparent or satisfying reason.

That is what has unfortunately happened to our season and we deserve a lot of the **** we get for it I'm afraid!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I agree with what you are trying to say Branston. We were half decent up to lockdown - if inconsistent - and most fans were pretty happy, but unfortunately we aren't going to be remembered for that because this current run of form sticks out in peoples' minds rather horribly.

In the same way that Game of Thrones was completed ruined because Season 8 was so unbelievably sh1te.

We are currently approaching the end of our Season 8; the massive build up for the post-lockdown white walker fight turned out to be a pathetic anti-climax, Mario Vrancic has died inexplicably - baffling the viewers, Pukki has bizarrely been sent to The Wall and Josip Drmic has now been made the new king for no apparent or satisfying reason.

That is what has unfortunately happened to our season and we deserve a lot of the **** we get for it I'm afraid!

Who are you saying is Vrancic in your analogy? Varys?

3 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Vrancic is Gendry. Popped back in to the series for the odd cameo to both dazzle and disappoint. As far as we know he’s not dead but nowhere to be seen. 

4 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Honestly it was a bit of a loose one, but I was mostly thinking of Jaime and Cersei perishing in the rubble.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Honestly it was a bit of a loose one, but I was mostly thinking of Jaime and Cersei perishing in the rubble.

That crossed my mind, but I wouldn't call that inexplicable. And wasn't Gendry sitting at the big meeting of lords & ladies at the end? He didn't die. Maybe Vrancic could be the red-headed one from the brothel that Joffrey killed. I was sorry to see her go. Also I don't agree about Season 8 being bad. It was always going to tricky giving such a monster of a programme a satisfactory ending. One thing we can all agree on though is that me you and WD40 watch too much TV

19 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

That crossed my mind, but I wouldn't call that inexplicable.

It was more the character arc of Jaime as opposed to their deaths per se; he spent the entire series slowly migrating away from Cersei - into a much healthier and a better person, from a villain in season 1 to one of the most liked characters in the latter seasons - only to throw it away in the end of season 8 and completely revert to type. That part was pretty inexplicable!

Maybe Vrancic could be the red-headed one from the brothel that Joffrey killed. I was sorry to see her go.

Lol! Unfortunately that's going back a few too many seasons for my analogy..

Also I don't agree about Season 8 being bad.

Really?? I don't want to bring it all up again but I was massively disappointed and frustrated (if that's okay Lakey?) by it - there is plenty of evidence that the writers lost interest somewhat, and I think it really showed. HBO wanted another couple of seasons or more but they insisted on wrapping things up in just 1 season and only 6 episodes? As a result, so many corners were cut, there was no more of the 'chess-pieces moving' type of episodes /scenes and the dialogue went to total sh1t. And often the characters' actions or concluding outcomes did not follow any kind of logic or hit the mark in any way!

It was certainly going to be a difficult task to wrap everything up, but there's no mistaking that it could've been much much better.