Midlands Yellow

Stoke v Brentford

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Another offside goal.

The defenders leg played him onside.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

The defenders leg played him onside.

I think his shoulder was an inch or two off👍

Just shows you can be a superior team and play the best football but not always get the result (with 2 minutes of added time only left)

Edited by sonyc

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Biggest 45 minutes coming up in Brentford’s history. A draw puts them in the box seat, let’s see if they can rise to the pressure. 

They have pulled a Leeds it seemed. Can i still say that with leeds having gone up? 🤔

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bad time to fire a blank. 

Kind of a shame, much prefer Brentford going up them West brom.

Dont have anything against West brom and all, quite nice club with some decent fans but would be nice to see Brentford go up, all new fresh blood for the Prem and they get their brand new (and very nice looking) stadium debuting in the top league. 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

That result makes Leeds champions.

I think we have to be fair to Leeds and give credit where it's due, however much it might stick in the gullet. To come back from their meltdown of last year the way they have and see it through with largely the same squad is pretty impressive. I wonder if they will now jettison most of their players and buy a Premier League team?

Pontus Jansson though - two years running.....

Honestly didn't see that one coming although Stoke have been better under O'Neill, surely WBA can't screw things up twice in a few days? 

I like Brentford. Haven't been in the top tier for 73 years so about time they had another bash at it.

Would be nice if they dovetailed promotion in with the move ( at last ) to their new ground but looks as though they may now have to do it the hard way.

2 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Honestly didn't see that one coming although Stoke have been better under O'Neill, surely WBA can't screw things up twice in a few days? 

Football, eh ? Being a Leeds fan you must know the feeling 😀

Congratulations on your team's promotion by the way. 16 years outside the top flight is way too long for a club like Leeds. Not a fan of the club or most of it's supporters but happy to engage with someone like yourself who didn't come on here shouting his mouth off like Billy Big B*llox. Perhaps knowing Norwich so well helps keep it in perspective.

Will be tough for those season ticket holders who've waited so long not to be able to see most of the action ' live ' but you must have a good chance of still being up there when this coronavirus blows over. Just need to wait a year or two.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I think we have to be fair to Leeds and give credit where it's due, however much it might stick in the gullet. To come back from their meltdown of last year the way they have and see it through with largely the same squad is pretty impressive. I wonder if they will now jettison most of their players and buy a Premier League team?

Pontus Jansson though - two years running.....

Always liked Pontus, absolute brick ****house.

Ignoring the memes about him bottling promotion twice and he's a very solid defender.. always wondered why he left Leeds for Brentford though, has to be some juciy drama there