yellowfever

Would you return to a Covid free Carrow Road?

I would be interested to hear if anyone would return to Carrow Road or any other stadium if it were proven to be covid free. Tests are being conducted now on a new rapid 30 minute test where results are valid for up to 48 hours. So if you had to spend £15 on a test where a negative result that is sent to you mobile allowed you entry to the ground, where all the staff and press are tested too, would you be prepared to spend £15 and take the three minute test at a city location?

Some of the most vocal and prolific posters on here hardly ever went or never went go to Carrow Road before the pandemic so not sure why they would suddenly start in October. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yellowfever said:

I would be interested to hear if anyone would return to Carrow Road or any other stadium if it were proven to be covid free. Tests are being conducted now on a new rapid 30 minute test where results are valid for up to 48 hours. So if you had to spend £15 on a test where a negative result that is sent to you mobile allowed you entry to the ground, where all the staff and press are tested too, would you be prepared to spend £15 and take the three minute test at a city location?

I'd do a half a dozen a season at that price. Not 23 in a season.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 minutes ago, yellowfever said:

thanks for that feed back. what if the tests were free would you spend the time to have one done?

I would but the logistics of testing 28k supporters 48 hours before each home game would be pretty horrendous and would put a lot of people off I suspect. 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

I would but the logistics of testing 28k supporters 48 hours before each home game would be pretty horrendous and would put a lot of people off I suspect. 

£450k revenue every other weekend for any company that can pull that off though! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yellowfever said:

thanks for that feed back. what if the tests were free would you spend the time to have one done?

Would it be the swab up nose test? Because I wouldn't want that 23 times a year for fear of looking like Daniella Westbrook by the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As above - wouldn’t want to spend 15 quid every home game for the pleasure. 

Also the tests are not nice - has to go an inch up your nose which is not very comfortable. I read yesterday somewhere about one being developed (maybe already developed?) where you spit into a tube. Still not exactly pleasant but less invasive than swabbing your tonsils then trying to poke your brain out with the same stick! 

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

There is no point in anti body tests as it was reported last week that immunity only lasts for about 3 months. Much the same as the common cold. So much for herd immunity 

I don't think that I will return to matches until I am very confident about the Covid situation, but I miss it so much that I would pay the extra £15 to ensure that everyone was safe. (Although I suspect I would end up having to pay for my daughter as well)

Over a whole season (and hopefully it wouldn't be necessary for that long) it would cost £300ish. Not a bad price for safety but obviously I appreciate that many at different "life stages" to myself would have more pressing priorities.

The tests are non intrusive and logistics manageable. the issue is whether anyone would be motivated enough to get a test so that they could return safely to the ground. There is currently a trial at one EPL club to determine how this may work and NCFC will be contacted Monday to see if they are interested in a wider scheme. Just interesting to get decent opinions from those who regularly attend matches. 

agreed on antibody tests - real time date stamped tests are the way forward to get ahead of this virus. It has already mutated 40x and by the time a vaccine is ready it could possibly have muted at 200x. With winter approaching rapid and regular testing will become essential. 

The whole situation regarding vaccines is going to be a nightmare with lots of crooked companies selling fake vaccines 

Tbh I would still go to Carrow Rd even if wasn't 'Covid free'. I've been going to other places; shops, hairdressers and the pub and probably been subjected to it. Life goes on.

Wouldn't trust a test anyway and a vaccine will only work once as there's bound to be  a different strain just like flu.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Tbh I would still go to Carrow Rd even if wasn't 'Covid free'. I've been going to other places; shops, hairdressers and the pub and probably been subjected to it. Life goes on.

Wouldn't trust a test anyway and a vaccine will only work once as there's bound to be  a different strain just like flu.

Exactly this. Life is full of risks and we can’t be hiding away forever

1 hour ago, daly said:

The whole situation regarding vaccines is going to be a nightmare with lots of crooked companies selling fake vaccines 

Wouldn’t think that’s a problem for the vast majority.

Not something you’d buy on eBay and self-inject.

There’s no way I’m setting foot inside Carrow Rd again until there’s an effective vaccine freely available. I live with someone who’s very vulnerable.

Anyway even if the ground and it’s inhabitants are deemed 100% free of any nasties you’ve still got to travel there and back.

Andrew Lloyd Webber had some idea of opening up the London Palladium to full houses by painting all the doorknobs and handrails with a special covering thenspraying everyone with disinfectant as they walk in. All at a cost of something like £20 a head.

It’s all pie in the sky.