Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Farke says successful season for ncfc

On sky sports just now ,saying we have devolpted are young players and there worth a lot more,**** since restart we have been poor and are crown jewels valuations must be reduced as they have not performed .

That’s just not true though - those in the game know the value of PL experience and how well some performed at times and this is what will drive the price; that we’ve not managed to stay the course is obviously disappointing but last summer few expected us to survive so it’s not the world’s biggest shocker.  
Up to lockdown we were being lauded as the ‘best ever team to be bottom’, and it’s only since the return that we’ve looked like a bottom side.  It does seem a lot of our supporters have short memories.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s just not true though - those in the game know the value of PL experience and how well some performed at times; that we’ve not managed to stay the course is obviously disappointing but last summer few expected us to survive so it’s not the world’s biggest shocker.  
Up to lockdown we were being lauded as the ‘best ever team to be bottom’, it’s only since the return that we’ve looked like a bottom side.  It does seem a lot of our supporters have short memories.

Since the restart we have been embarrassing an absolute joke ,I haven't got a short memory ,last season was amazing probably my favourite season ever ,but for farke to come up with such nonsense is  laughable 😊

Perhaps it has been a success.

We don't know what the target was at the start of the season. Or, who made the decision not to spend any money and hope we survive.

Perhaps we are destined to yo-yo with the odd foray in the Premier League just for the cash. If we keep the conveyor belt of talent  earning the club money why would we need to stay there?

With a full house come rain or shine it doesn't really matter if we stay up or not. It's just so disappointing to see how poor the performances have been this season after the highs of last season, it just seems a waste of time and a missed opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Perhaps it has been a success.

We don't know what the target was at the start of the season. Or, who made the decision not to spend any money and hope we survive.

Perhaps we are destined to yo-yo with the odd foray in the Premier League just for the cash. If we keep the conveyor belt of talent  earning the club money why would we need to stay there?

With a full house come rain or shine it doesn't really matter if we stay up or not. It's just so disappointing to see how poor the performances have been this season after the highs of last season, it just seems a waste of time and a missed opportunity. 

1, will the talent still keep coming off the conveyor belt.

2,full houses or not should we not be better than this 

3,last point you make i ,100 percent agree with.

A success would have been top 10, pushing for European football\ next season like Sheffield United (who finished below us last year). Failing that I would have taken 17 on 36 points and begrudgingly called it acceptable. 

Finishing bottom of the league with 21 points, having lost our last 11 games is not a success.

Mind you, those that have bought into the deadliness of COVID-19 will probably be convinced that this qualifies as a success. But then they are easily influenced. 

I dunno if they are worth more though. Compare say Ben Godfrey to Kalvin Phillips, the latter has never stepped foot in the prem. If you had £25m to spend, who would you buy?

I think Godfrey and co may have done their reputation a whole lot of damage this season by demonstrating just how much work there is still to do before any of them are to prem standard. With Phillips, its still a mystery, he could be pony, he could be nailing down his spot for euro 2021 by this time next summer.

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I dunno if they are worth more though. Compare say Ben Godfrey to Kalvin Phillips, the latter has never stepped foot in the prem. If you had £25m to spend, who would you buy?

I think Godfrey and co may have done their reputation a whole lot of damage this season by demonstrating just how much work there is still to do before any of them are to prem standard. With Phillips, its still a mystery, he could be pony, he could be nailing down his spot for euro 2021 by this time next summer.

I would take phillips everyday over godfrey but if ben was too be tried at cdm , i might think differently.😑

Just now, Canary dwarf said:

I would take phillips everyday over godfrey but if ben was too be tried at cdm , i might think differently.😑

exactly, but last summer, my answer would probably have been Godfrey.

Personally, I'd love him in a back 5 with wing backs

exactly, but last summer, my answer would probably have been Godfrey.

Personally, I'd love him in a back 5 with wing backs

He has all the attributes to be a top cdm play him there ,he played there for shrewsbury and shone.😂

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

He has all the attributes to be a top cdm play him there ,he played there for shrewsbury and shone.😂

hence why I'd like the back 5 with him as 3rd CB/DM. It would be ideal.

Same as the mystery as to how anyone ever trusts David Luiz in a back 4. He's clever, talented and good technically but has too many brain farms. He'd be an ideal DM with 2 centre backs either side to mop up his lapses.

Same as the mystery as to how anyone ever trusts David Luiz in a back 4. He's clever, talented and good technically but has too many brain farms. He'd be an ideal DM with 2 centre backs either side to mop up his lapses.

Ive always thought this about luiz as i do godfrey ,you must be happy about tettey this season. 

32 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Ive always thought this about luiz as i do godfrey ,you must be happy about tettey this season. 

I'm happy with Tettey but not happy that we have failed to adequately replace him yet again. Tettey has already given us a couple more years than he should have needed to as first choice yet repeatedly, the alternatives brought in just haven't been up to scratch so Tettey is wheeled out again. Hoping next year is him ending his time with us on a high, guiding us back to the prem with whoever turns out to be his replacement guiding us there under tetteys mentorship.

Maybe they are like Wes replacements... wait years for 1 and then 3 (Maddison, Buendia, Todd) come along at once.

48 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm happy with Tettey but not happy that we have failed to adequately replace him yet again. Tettey has already given us a couple more years than he should have needed to as first choice yet repeatedly, the alternatives brought in just haven't been up to scratch so Tettey is wheeled out again. Hoping next year is him ending his time with us on a high, guiding us back to the prem with whoever turns out to be his replacement guiding us there under tetteys mentorship.

Maybe they are like Wes replacements... wait years for 1 and then 3 (Maddison, Buendia, Todd) come along at once.

I've been impressed with him  this year,gets better with age pots.😊

If this season has been a success, by any measurement you care to look at, then God help us when we have an unsuccessful season

I think Godfrey would be an ideal sweeper, like Frank Beckenbauer, but then what do I know. 

Successful as in sky money and players value if and when sold 

but that will mean nothing unless replaced with better or the same standard 

the club will be cash rich but we have to recruitment right and get to the EPL ASAP unless the money will be spent and when we need it will will not have any again 

highly unlikely we will never get another crop of youngsters like this one 

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'd have thought that would depend on whether you were looking for a defensive midfielder or centre back, as that's how football works unless you are Alex Neil and have an addiction to attacking midfielders. 

I think and I know not many think the same but I think tettey is part of the problem not mobile or fast enough to cover other players 

if you look at any other team CDM they are out wide then next minute starting a attack etc the are everywhere in front of the back four 

I would change him for next season 

• Like 1

Manager in ‘trying to raise everyone’s spirits ready for next season’ shock. 
Presumably people don’t need it spelling out what further damage could be done mentally if our players and staff keep getting hammered in the media. Same with him defending Rupp et al, why would he not? 
A lot of people in here could do themselves a favour and start looking forward to next season with a bit of optimism rather than criticism and negativity ad nauseum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Sweeper role? Sommer was very good at that. Don’t see it much these days 

12 hours ago, Warren Vidic said:

A success would have been top 10, pushing for European football\ next season like Sheffield United (who finished below us last year). Failing that I would have taken 17 on 36 points and begrudgingly called it acceptable. 

Nonsense. Any fan would have called 17th a success. 

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

I think and I know not many think the same but I think tettey is part of the problem not mobile or fast enough to cover other players 

if you look at any other team CDM they are out wide then next minute starting a attack etc the are everywhere in front of the back four 

I would change him for next season 

Bit of truth to that, yet he has been one of the best & most consistent performers. Hence 20th position. 

Every club is seeking the next Kante. They're hard to find & don't come cheap.

14 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

On sky sports just now ,saying we have devolpted are young players and there worth a lot more,**** since restart we have been poor and are crown jewels valuations must be reduced as they have not performed .

I must admit I dont like everything Farke comes out with, right from the start we had a defeatist attitude about being favourites to go down and needing a miracle. It may be realistic but surely players need confidence and believe.

Someone like Wilder can be honest without making his team sound they are just grateful to be there.

But actions speak louder than words so will see what happens next season

The team has not been successful, but the club has undoubtedly moved forwards.

We havent competed this year it is true, but financially the club is on a far better footing. 90m or whatever copped from the promotion, players on long-term contracts with reported 50% salary reduction on relegation. Yongsters now have Premier League experience making them far more saleable. Clubs wont care that the individual was in a team that struggled, because they'll be joining theirs.

Parachute payments acquired for another 2 years without actually having the millstone around our neck that those are supposed to redress.

Financially the club is now in a great place. So for a 2 season plan its worked out ok. Just imagine rewinding to the start of the 2018/19 season, but with our players on long-term contracts and the club hugely better off financially. We WILL be in a position to spend this summer, where before we were not.

Yes we could have a rich sheik, but until that fantasy option happens, the club has actually made a huge leap forwards compared to the situation 2 years ago.

So not a successful season on the pitch. But off it? Most definitely

Just thinking... will the plan be ****ed if no one buys our players?! They must be worth a lot less than thy were at the start of the season or in January. This could have a massive impact on us?!

"A successful season for NCFC". This just sums up the mentality that runs through the veins of the clubs management. In my time supporting NCFC since 1988 this has been our most embarrassing and pathetic attempt at a 'top flight season'. No investment and no real attempt... The team have been completely out of their depth in every department.. a complete surrender in every area. Back to the chump with a few more £ - that's the only small success. 

4 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Just thinking... will the plan be ****ed if no one buys our players?! They must be worth a lot less than thy were at the start of the season or in January. This could have a massive impact on us?!

In the longer term, of course it would be. But we'll definitely still sell one or two, even if the values are a bit lower in light of coronavirus and us being crap.