TIL 1010

Farke Defends Drmic & Rupp.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Rupp is this season's Graeme Stuart or Jonas Guttierez although unlike the other 2, we're lumbered with Rupp permenantly ...just as we are Drmic.

They may surprise us and be effective in the Championship (if they're still here) but I'm not holding my breath that Drmic will be our Mirtovic at that level...

Dmic is our Ryan Jarvis, but worse.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is the coach and they tend to see different aspects of the game that we tend to ignore.

I don't think he does though because I think we've all seen both Rupp and Drmic running around ineffectively and without purpose in every game they've played.

Just now, Making Plans said:

I don't think he does though because I think we've all seen both Rupp and Drmic running around ineffectively and without purpose in every game they've played.

**** it. Time for Farke to go 😂 

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I still trust the manager, the manager that won the Championship, to make the right calls. I’m backing his opinion over posters on here.

Binner

12 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I am hoping that the brilliant manager of last year returns rather than the terribly inept manager of Year 1 and 3... but he seems to flip flop so we should have a great year! 🤷‍♂️🤞

Apart from he wasn't terribly inept in the first season. His task was to implement a philosophy throughout the club to move us forwards and also develop some youth to generate some much needed revenue.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Apart from he wasn't terribly inept in the first season. His task was to implement a philosophy throughout the club to move us forwards and also develop some youth to generate some much needed revenue.

He was rubbish in Year One. Perhaps if you went to the game your would know.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think you know you are wrong.

I honestly don’t think I am wrong. Neil Adams was better ...

Edited by yellow_belly

FFS the recruitment has been dire. Even worse if the plan was for the Championship after netting the zillions for being relegated. Those commentators who say that Norwich have been cynical in anticipating parachute payments have made a point that needs considering.

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I really don’t get the dislike of Rupp - he’s not done that much wrong, not a glamour player but will do a job.  Drmic on the other hand really looks like a fish out of water.

Think it's because he keeps starting over players who some may argue deserve to start more, nevermind nobody knowing if hes a winger or a midfielder- Nevermind whether or not his recent performances have been good enough for him to warrent a start.

Nevermind him being German and the rumours of Farke favouring him over others for that reason alone..

Hopefully he's talking them up so that we can offload them to another Club that's as stupid as us to believe him

Edited by Making Plans

5 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

He was rubbish in Year One. Perhaps if you went to the game your would know.

I went to every home game.

He wasn't rubbish at all..he put all the building blocks in for winning the league next season.

Bet you're one of the 

"GET IT FURRWORRRD BUUH"

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I went to every home game.

He wasn't rubbish at all..he put all the building blocks in for winning the league next season.

Bet you're one of the 

"GET IT FURRWORRRD BUUH"

Yep.

(I am sure you did go)

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Yep.

(I am sure you did go)

Yep. 

I'm starting to think you didn't.

I went away every game on that first season and yes we were poor really poor millwall being a particular low

I see the club's recruitment as an educated gamble. Spend 20m on 10 players and hope that 2 of them make it. It's like buying cars at an auction. Unfortunately Drmic has a Justin Bieber cd stuck in the player and although it starts, won't do anything else. Rupp is a fiesta van, boring, decent engine but don't think about overtaking, you can't pass...

Several of our foreign players massively upped their game from their first season to their second once they had settled in to the club and our country, I remember Zimmermann, Stiepermann and Vrancic off the top of my head getting grief on here and being declared not good enough blah blah blah. Therefore it’s surprising that nobody seems willing to entertain the idea that these players might do the same and would rather write them off already. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The manager who didn't address the issue of conceding a huge amount of goals last season, who hasn't addressed the same issue this season, who has seen his tactics setting many new records as the worst City team since forever. 

Never mind, at least McLean, Drmic and Rupp 'covered an unbelievable amount of ground '

The manager that won the League we are just about to go in to last year. Your efforts to make a case against him are pretty futile.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Several of our foreign players massively upped their game from their first season to their second once they had settled in to the club and our country, I remember Zimmermann, Stiepermann and Vrancic off the top of my head getting grief on here and being declared not good enough blah blah blah. Therefore it’s surprising that nobody seems willing to entertain the idea that these players might do the same and would rather write them off already. 

It’s a moanfest for the sake of it. Sad really.

On the basis that you can get in our team on a regular basis because you can run long distances perhaps we should sign Mo Farah and Paula Radcliffe.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It’s a moanfest for the sake of it. Sad really.

There'll  be more Winko, that much is guaranteed.  I think it's people that gauge their self worth by the results of the team they follow. Bit odd when you have no control over the team.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

There'll  be more Winko, that much is guaranteed.  I think it's people that gauge their self worth by the results of the team they follow. Bit odd when you have no control over the team.

There are many and they have a perverse motive for supporting a football team. A very selfish one to be honest.

Just now, Van wink said:

There are many and they have a perverse motive for supporting a football team. A very selfish one to be honest.

Basking in reflected glory and sour as ferk if no glory to bask in.

2 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

Yeah totally, different kettle of fish the prem and champ. But from what you have seen what do you think?

Rupp bit a starter and drmic not even squad tbh

Rupp I think can do a job as a squad player. Drmic is certainly not PL quality but in the Championship there will be more chances and he may show his mettle. I’m willing to give him the chance to show us what he can do.

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The manager that won the League we are just about to go in to last year. Your efforts to make a case against him are pretty futile.

We did win the league, but records show that it wasnt without flaws in our playing style. 

The situation remains unresolved, the records clearly show that our season has been one of the worst ever. 

I'm sure we are all on the same page, hoping that we do well this coming season, but I still personally see that the huge flaw in our system is still there. Therefore I expect to see lots of goals conceded and since we're not scoring at present, it could be a problem. 

Thats not 'building a case against Farke' but we would be blind not to acknowledge the flaws in our system and that Farke is responsible for that.

Just because we support our club, doesn't mean we have to ignore the elephant in the room. 

• Thanks 1

It was a dumb thing for Farke to do, trying to defend the indefensible.

The majority don't believe him and even if they did they care not one jot how much ground they've covered unless it results in something positive, which it doesn't.

• Like 1