TIL 1010

Farke Defends Drmic & Rupp.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Talk about taking something out of context! That was in a thread about how can players improve!

i. e. Criticism 

Just now, curious yellow said:

i. e. Criticism 

Nothing wrong with criticising players. What I don't like is the "they are all rubbish" "he wasn't trying" "they're not fit" kind of comments.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing wrong with criticising players. What I don't like is the "they are all rubbish" "he wasn't trying" "they're not fit" kind of comments.

You mean nothing wrong with criticism unless you're doing it. 

And when you say "give them a break" it's OK to complain about their hair and criticise the way they play? 

32 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

You mean nothing wrong with criticism unless you're doing it. 

And when you say "give them a break" it's OK to complain about their hair and criticise the way they play? 

I've explained it quite clearly.  I'll say it again, because you clearly didn't read or understand it - there is nothing wrong with criticising players. What is wrong imo is the "they are all rubbish" "they weren't trying" "they're not fit" kind of comments.

As for Cantwell, I've criticised his football at times, I've praised him at times, I've expressed admiration for his development, his penalty at Spurs which was stunning, his goal against MU and I specifically praised him for being more effective in a match where Farke asked for more from his midfielders and that he had responded to that. All quite reasonable. I said I thought his hair style suited him and that he has every right to have his hair exactly as he wants. All I said apart from that was that it appeared to me a bit self indulgent - and I qualified that by saying that we all do things that are self indulgent so it was not meant as some huge villification, which is what some people took it as. It was not abuse, it was not over the top, I was merely commenting on it.  It caught my eye as the players came on to the pitch and it made me think, here we are on the day we might get relegated and I'm thinking about someone's hairstyle and it seemed odd to be thinking about that. I get it, I'm odd, I say what I think, I rub some people up the wrong way, but if you take my overall contributions on this board, they are on the whole fairly innocuous. On that thread about hairstyles, someone else made far worse and imflammatory comments than me, but no-one - no-one at all - pulled him up about it. Go figure.

I can just see it now, without Covid of course.

A disgruntled LDC sitting on the front row of the Barclay stand setting eyes on Todd Cantwell warming up against Spam and yelling out,  "Get your haircut."

Todd replying with those immortal  Mick Jagger lines:

"Wha, and look like you?"

"Youthism?" Shame on you fella. 😘

We have every other 'ism' to rail about today after all.

I'm currently into TVchefism. Not a good word to say for them.They seem to invade the the screen continuously,especially every Saturday morning.

Nothing to do with Delia here, she's a national trinket after all.

I feel totally out of touch with a lot of the posters here, I think Rupp has looked decent considering he’s arrived mid season into a struggling side. Watching the games I’ve seen flashes of things that haven’t quite come off for him that maybe if he was up to speed in a confident team they would have.

I’d also say that he seems to have an excellent work rate and has helped bring some solidity on the side he’s played. I think he’ll do well in the Championship where there’s a slower pace with more time on the ball personally. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I feel totally out of touch with a lot of the posters here, I think Rupp has looked decent considering he’s arrived mid season into a struggling side. Watching the games I’ve seen flashes of things that haven’t quite come off for him that maybe if he was up to speed in a confident team they would have.

I’d also say that he seems to have an excellent work rate and has helped bring some solidity on the side he’s played. I think he’ll do well in the Championship where there’s a slower pace with more time on the ball personally. 

He has looked pretty p*ss poor for me and seems to not really know what is going on, hardly got a pass right in the next game.

But I'm in the "jury still out" camp because seen a few things which suggest he has some grit and determination, and it was a tough time to come into this side.

Rupp gets a pass for this season. 

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rupp gets a pass for this season

Indeed, and I'm sure he and DF will be most gratified  at your verdict. As I said in another thread , fans verdicts are of course valid, but unlikely to have any effect on Club decisions. 

This bit may annoy you, fwiw I think some of Drmics  link up play , especially  when played to feet when he drops deep, has been quite tidy.  He has a bit of the Jordan Rhodes about him, with a season in England now under his belt , I now expect him to kick on, be more demonstrative, score more and become more of a leader to the younger guys. Not a fan of his music btw. For me, he gets a pass  too. Fear not,if he cant cut it next season we should unload him wherever we can as idah cant be ignored. 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Indeed, and I'm sure he and DF will be most gratified  at your verdict. As I said in another thread , fans verdicts are of course valid, but unlikely to have any effect on Club decisions. 

This bit may annoy you, fwiw I think some of Drmics  link up play , especially  when played to feet when he drops deep, has been quite tidy.  He has a bit of the Jordan Rhodes about him, with a season in England now under his belt , I now expect him to kick on, be more demonstrative, score more and become more of a leader to the younger guys. Not a fan of his music btw. For me, he gets a pass  too. Fear not,if he cant cut it next season we should unload him wherever we can as idah cant be ignored. 

I'll give him a pass on the music because I believe the proceeds went to charity.

But he's on very thin ice with the football. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll give him a pass on the music because I believe the proceeds went to charity.

Didnt know that, fair play to him. I'd still rather put a tenner in a charity tin than have a cd I couldn't listen to. If hung from a tree etc by a string, they can make pretty good bird scarers. CDs that is ,not Drmic . . . . . now, there's a thought.

Perhaps spicing his game and his music up with black pepper might make him more effective:

Oh wrong again, that's turmeric I'm thinking of.