TIL 1010

Farke Defends Drmic & Rupp.

I’m going to be brave and say that I think Drmic will get 15 goals for us next season if he stays. I agree with the majority of posters on here that he hasn’t looked great, especially since the restart but as a team we’ve been pretty awful in that period and pretty much permanently on the back foot. I think it would be hard for any isolated striker to look too good. 

To me he looks like a type of player who is quite aware in and around the box. I therefore believe as long as we are competitive and playing on the front foot next season, I think he will get a lot of them ugly follow them in type goals. it is pretty difficult to guess the shape and set up of the team at the moment and I would be surprised to see him leave but if he stays I’ll have a £20 charity bet that he gets 15. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

FFS the recruitment has been dire. Even worse if the plan was for the Championship after netting the zillions for being relegated. Those commentators who say that Norwich have been cynical in anticipating parachute payments have made a point that needs considering.

Presumably these commentators will have researched what we have spent the money on rather than on new transfers?....have they bollox.

If they had they will see that we've spent money on our training ground and academy so that we've at least got something to show for being in this league this time round that will be here for years ...rather than blowing a large fee on the likes of Naismith who we are then paying 75% of his wages despite him playing for Hearts for the last year of his contract.

We've also spent on giving new contracts to our players which are the most expensive assets we have,ensuring we can command big fees if sold

I trust Farke to ultimately make the right decision. Yes Drmic and Rupp will get a 2nd chance in the Chump but if it doesn't work out then he won't pick them, it's as simple as that. At the moment there is little alternative to an out of form Pukki other than shoving Idah into a beleaguered relegated team which might do more harm than good. As defensive midfielder we only really have Tetts as Trybull is far too slow and McLean isn't really a DM. That leaves Rupp to do his headless chicken stuff.

Next season will be different; hopefully Pukki will regain form, Idah will assert himself, Trybull is actually proven to be pretty good in the Chump plus we already have Sorensen coming in. If all goes to plan we won't see much of Drmic and Rupp but if they play well and hold a place down then it's win win (well apart from Idah being peed off).

Edited by Capt. Pants

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I trust Farke to ultimately make the right decision. Yes Drmic and Rupp will get a 2nd chance in the Chump but if it doesn't work out then he won't pick them, it's as simple as that. At the moment there is little alternative to an out of form Pukki other than shoving Idah into a beleaguered relegated team which might do more harm than good. As defensive midfielder we only really have Tetts as Trybull is far too slow and McLean isn't really a DM. That leaves Rupp to do this headless chicken stuff.

Next season will be different; hopefully Pukki will regain form, Idah will assert himself, Trybull is actually proven to be pretty good in the Chump plus we already have Sorensen coming in. If all goes to plan we won't see much of Drmic and Rupp but if they play well and hold a place down then it's win win (well apart from Idah being peed off).

We do have another defensive midfielder on the books...one who would excel in that position but has been mis-deployed as a centre half in a weak defence for 2 seasons

Not that I expect Godfrey to be around next season as I suspect his agent Rio Fedinand will tout him around in the summer...but if he were,he could be one of the most dominant defensive midfielders in the championship

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 2

My Worry is we need to Sign better Players than Drmic and Rupp with the Incoming Transfer Money ( if we sell youngsters )

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I trust Farke to ultimately make the right decision. Yes Drmic and Rupp will get a 2nd chance in the Chump but if it doesn't work out then he won't pick them, it's as simple as that. At the moment there is little alternative to an out of form Pukki other than shoving Idah into a beleaguered relegated team which might do more harm than good. As defensive midfielder we only really have Tetts as Trybull is far too slow and McLean isn't really a DM. That leaves Rupp to do his headless chicken stuff.

Next season won't be different, not unless Farke changes his style, which in his mind is a sign of weakness rather than strength. 

He will just try to get the players trying harder to prove his tactics, he's too stubborn to change and he's not fussed about losing games or relegation. 

The performance is what he is after, not results.

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We do have another defensive midfielder on the books...one who would excel in that position but has been mis-deployed as a centre half in a weak defence for 2 seasons

Not that I expect Godfrey to be around next season as I suspect his agent Rio Fedinand will tout him around in the summer...but if he were,he could be one of the most dominant defensive midfielders in the championship

Ah the delusion that he's a midfielder. 

When he's sold let's see where he plays. 

You'll come one here and aplogise when you're wrong yeah 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Next season won't be different, not unless Farke changes his style, which in his mind is a sign of weakness rather than strength. 

He will just try to get the players trying harder to prove his tactics, he's too stubborn to change and he's not fussed about losing games or relegation. 

You're a psychologist with a unique insight into Daniel Farke's mind?

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Exactly Jose Mourinho Has won the PL League before but  looks nothing like it Now 

Lambert Was a wonder manager here but not done nothing since 

Farke has to prove to me he is a Good coach again 

Every Manager / Coach / Sporting Director has a shelf life ,

Are ours Going to Come good again ?? only time will tell 

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You're a psychologist with a unique insight into Daniel Farke's mind?

I listen when he speaks and I observe what he does. 

We've had a good while to consider what he says and does, it's not rocket science. 

6 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Some of the ****ing **** spouted in here is astonishing. 

Et tu

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Ah the delusion that he's a midfielder. 

When he's sold let's see where he plays. 

You'll come one here and aplogise when you're wrong yeah 

The delusion is that he is a good defender...he wasnt even last season let alone this.

I know one thing, I'd feel safer defensively with Zimmerman and Hanley at the back with Godfrey in front....rather than Zimmerman and Godfrey at the back with Trybull in front.

Godfrey also has the ability to get forward and have a shot, currently stifled, which many of our midfielders dont possess.

Sorry,i'm a bit late on the scene,and apologise if I'm repeating anything,but really,so Drmic was pressing ,trying to win headers and running about.Give me strength. That is the minimum you would expect. I'm a little bit concerned.I really want to trust Farke  with the future of our team but I am beginning to wonder.

• Like 1

Farke seems to have rather a lot to say at the moment, most of which appears to be uneccessary.

After our recent dire performances and inevitable relegation it may have been wiser for him to keep his head down, keep his mouth shut and restrict himself to the team presser before the game and the inquisition as to why we lost after it.

Edited by Making Plans

34 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Farke seems to have rather a lot to say at the moment, most of which appears to be uneccessary.

After our recent dire performances and inevitable relegation it may have been wiser for him to keep his head down, keep his mouth shut and restrict himself to the team presser before the game and the inquisition as to why we lost after it.

All he is doing is answering questions ffs!!!!

The fact is that DF is as open and as honest a head coach as you could get and at press conferences he answers questions in that same honest and open way. The format at these online briefings at the moment with zoom or skype or whatever they are using, lends itself to more insightful questions and answers - and if you have been involved in online meetings and the like, you will know that it has a very different feel to live situations.

As for Rupp - I've seen him a few times live this season and he looks a good player, whole hearted, technically sound and will probably do better next season as he settles to the club. 

Drmic - we just have to be patient with him and see if he can find his touch. Personally, I think Idah will force himself into the reckoning and Drmic may find himself as third choice, but it is up to Drmic to get himself sorted out in front of goal and make his mark. If he doesn't, then we have two strikers who will be good enough to be the main men in Pukki and Idah. It will be good to include Drmic in that and feel we have three strikers who are able to contribute - but that is up to Drmic himself.  At Burnley in the cup earlier this season he looked so devoid of any confidence in front of goal, it was scary, eventually getting a tap in, but he did have some good touches too.

Klose, I think we can all sympathise a bit with, he has been thrown into the fire pit of the PL with avengeance, playing every three or four days at the top level, with precious little time to find full match fitness after his exceedingly long lay off. 

I say give them all a break, this season has descended into a wretched form of football and best get it over with and see how ALL the players get on with the upcoming new season.

Ultimately this is surely filed under ‘manager defends players’ shocker.  What on earth was he thinking...what an utter ****, surely he knows we need scapegoats!!

Behind the scenes I’m sure he’s fully aware who is and isn’t performing, far better than we do.

Edited by Branston Pickle

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I say give them all a break, this season has descended into a wretched form of football and best get it over with and see how ALL the players get on with the upcoming new season.

Give them all a break - except Cantwell, who is self indulgent and childish because he got his hair done 🤔

Rupp ... jury's out for me. Some good points, but over all nothing special. Perhaps he'll blossom next season once he's got over that oft-mentioned adjustment/settlement period. 

Drmic .... no thank you. Number three behind Idah, imo.Expensive mistake? I would have favoured Rhodes except that Wednesday priced him out. It's still a bit ironic that that "price" was then possible splashed out on Drmic and Duda and Roberts(?)

Klose  ... Come on! The man has been a class act and a good character. Far too early to (unfairly) write him off him off given the circumstances of his virtual "enforced" re-introduction following his long lay-off. Any other time he would have been eased in. Perhaps age and injury have combined to reduce his effectiveness but the last spell of post-lockdown games have hardly presented the correct context to judge this.  Neither do I think that he has been quite as poor as some extremists insist, although, admittedly somewhat diminished when performing against the array of multi-million pound strikers he has been faced with whilst coming back to match fitness/awareness.  

I see him as the ideal number three behind Zimmermann and Handley next season. Useful reserve and more than useful substitute for use when protecting a result. Fawemno needs blooding too or maybe a newbie.

Btw, Ben Godfrey is the one youngster I would least shed any tears over should he depart. Good player, great prospect, but why is a defence minus him always less porous (or can somebody come up with statistics to disprove this?) Why do so many of us laymen (+ Paul Hurst😂) see a possible future England centre-back best suited to the defensive midfield role, or at least envisage him better in a three man defence with wing backs?

Also, that 'Rio' tag and connections suggest to me that he has already out grown our club. I do own up to my footballing ignorance on this matter and whether or not he gets that International recognition many forecast, well, £25m plus extensive add-ons should mitigate against that possibility.

McClean. Decent player, has his moments, but insufficient in both matters to justify having virtually been  the first name on the team sheet of an aspiring Premier League club, when he should be no more than a  back-up.  "Inbetweenie" written all over him.

I also think that, a bit like Bradders (although for possibly different reasons)  Kenny McClean has come as far as he can at NCFC. Both he and the club need a change and he should easily fetch a sum in excess of the Johnson fee from many a top Championship club.

Leitner ... bye. Mystery though.

Stiepperman .... addictive.

Trybull  .... why Rupp?

Cantwell  .... hang around for another season please.The future is yours and a development at your current rate should see you become City's highest value ever sale. Beware what you wish for. Stop believing your own publicity. A level head is needed no matter what haircut sits on top of it.

(Still waiting for my F.A. Coaching badge to arrive in the post. Must be held up by the lockdown, or Edward Heath's three day week, or Brexit or .......)

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Aggy said:

Give them all a break - except Cantwell, who is self indulgent and childish because he got his hair done 🤔

Their football. Give them a break on their football.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But not their hairstyles?   Jaysus Lakeyo , I thought you were more open minded. My bad.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:
11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But not their hairstyles?   Jaysus Lakeyo , I thought you were more open minded. My bad.

I'm quite open minded, but I'm old school and I prefer my footballers to look mean, hungry and business like before a relegation decider.  Each to their own.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm quite open minded, but I'm old school and I prefer my footballers to look mean, hungry and business like before a relegation decider.  Each to their own.

Nonsense. Just because his haircut wasn't to your taste, doesn't mean he wasn't business like. 

11 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Some of the ****ing **** spouted in here is astonishing. 

You don’t get on here much do you?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm quite open minded, but I'm old school

Ever heard the word Oxymoron?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Grrr ... suck it to them tiger / pussycat.

(I thought it was all about the running around a lot and keeping the ball in our own half... so surprised it is now also about the haircuts! Lakey is starting to turn on the team!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

21 hours ago, lake district canary said

" I still feel Cantwell ought to be creating more than he does and get himself in shooting positions more often" 

I’m inclined to agree with DF. 

Those who have made critical posts may yet be right however there are significant mitigating circumstances as to why this group have performed under par.

In the Premiership we have played mostly in our own half and on many occasions without the ball. Last year we could build up and retain possession in the opposition’s final third -we simply don’t have the quality to do that in this league. Drmic and Pukki have lived on scraps or on the proceeds of fast counter attacks which have been few. 

Rupp is adjusting to a new county, a new team and it’s a team that is below the average standard of the league he’s playing in. 

Klose isn’t fully fit and is being forced to return early. 

If any of these players were impressive given these circumstances it would be something extraordinary.

Let’s see how they do in the Championship and trust the judgement of our manager.For some of these players it is also a matter of confidence rather than ability. 

Edited by Bonzo

17 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

21 hours ago, lake district canary said

" I still feel Cantwell ought to be creating more than he does and get himself in shooting positions more often" 

Talk about taking something out of context! That was in a thread about how can players improve!