Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Top corner

Back in stadiums by autumn

Recommended Posts

Further to the news that that it's likely stadiums won't be at full capacity at all next season (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53556072) I was asking a West Ham supporting colleague what their plans are for season ticket holders. He told me that they are automatically being put into a ballot each game, and if they don't get tickets, are refunded straight away. Alternatively, if not comfortable attending, then you transfer your season ticket to a friend or family member for some or all of the season.

An 1p5wich season ticket holder I work with said they got a survey yesterday about next season - so they can start to prepare plans. Easier to accommodate 9k ST holders in a 30k stadium though!

I'd be happy to attend as soon as I can get back in the stadium, but possible entry slots of 2-3 hours before kick off would be tricky for the midweek games (of which there are bound to be plenty!).

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As someone mentioned the other day in another thread, discussions were held this week about getting fans back in the stadium;

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-fan-consultation-carrow-road-return-1-6771240

The offer of a live stream to those unsuccessful in the ballots is a nice idea, but I can't see everyone accepting that in lieu of a refund or credit, so wonder how that will work.

When there is more than one ST holder per household, giving each person a streaming pass isn't much benefit. A family of 4 might be entitled to nearly £70-£80 in pro-rata refunds, whereas they could purchase an iFollow stream for the game for £10 I believe?

With the darlings of Sky, Leeds, not in the division anymore, we might find more of our games are on Sky too, which families may have, or again, could buy a day pass for £10ish.

 

Edited by CaptCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 14:19, Top corner said:

No trolling from me, i’ve heard the term “club cabbage” before, but i didn’t know why.

Cabbages.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

As someone mentioned the other day in another thread, discussions were held this week about getting fans back in the stadium;

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-fan-consultation-carrow-road-return-1-6771240

The offer of a live stream to those unsuccessful in the ballots is a nice idea, but I can't see everyone accepting that in lieu of a refund or credit, so wonder how that will work.

When there is more than one ST holder per household, giving each person a streaming pass isn't much benefit. A family of 4 might be entitled to nearly £70-£80 in pro-rata refunds, whereas they could purchase an iFollow stream for the game for £10 I believe?

With the darlings of Sky, Leeds, not in the division anymore, we might find more of our games are on Sky too, which families may have, or again, could buy a day pass for £10ish.

 

I can't believe that the club would have the audacity to offer a season ticket holder a live stream in lieu of a seat in the stadium. I personally would find that offensive. I'm in the cheap seats and pay an average of over £20 a game, £20+ for a stream of a Norwich Championship match? No fooking way. A tenner is pushing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I can't believe that the club would have the audacity to offer a season ticket holder a live stream in lieu of a seat in the stadium. I personally would find that offensive. I'm in the cheap seats and pay an average of over £20 a game, £20+ for a stream of a Norwich Championship match? No fooking way. A tenner is pushing it.

I guess the important word there is "offer" CD. So long as it wasn't compulsory I don't see a problem.

I would be happy to pay that. I could watch it with family members who are also season ticket holders. So long as only one of us has to pay the £20 then it works out quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 11:23, Top corner said:

Boris just mentioned that he is planning on opening stadiums for fans by the autumn 

 

Don’t think that’s going to happen somehow.

Today 31/7:

The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be a priority system in place based on home and away games attended, length of season ticket and ancillary expenditure at the club

loyalist and most profitable supporters must be the priority 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

 

Don’t think that’s going to happen somehow.

Today 31/7:

The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.

 

Sensible decision by our PM. I had to laugh at the idiot who thought the announcement was timed to disrupt Ede celebrations. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

 

Don’t think that’s going to happen somehow.

Today 31/7:

The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.

 

Postponed for 2 weeks?

Looking unlikely now that fans will be allowed back in. Unfortunately I can't see ant change until a vaccine is available, unless govt happy to accept a certain level of death rate.

Defo not going to pay for a live stream when I can get it for free and can't see why single ST households have to effectively subsidise multi ST households.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 12:39, A Load of Squit said:

Back in stadiums by autumn, back in lockdown in early winter.

It's a stupid idea from a stupid PM.

 

Obviously I meant 'back in lockdown in early August'. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 12:34, Crafty Canary said:

If that is correct does that mean ST holders will get to see one match in every four?

And would they work it out as single tickets,  would a family of 4 or 5 be split up or so its dads turn this week mums next week etc.

Id rather they kept my money as payment for the following season and leave 6000 casual tickets for each game this season , first come first served.  Gives everyone the same chance, even non season ticket holders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Postponed for 2 weeks?

Looking unlikely now that fans will be allowed back in. Unfortunately I can't see ant change until a vaccine is available, unless govt happy to accept a certain level of death rate.

Defo not going to pay for a live stream when I can get it for free and can't see why single ST households have to effectively subsidise multi ST households.

Must admit Capt. P I’m with you on the one. With a doc in family I don’t c anything changing for the better that will c CR with a full house ever again until that vaccine is available, which could be years off,  tbh I have myself cancelled my season ticket, as I do not see getting to see 1 in 4 or more matches is for me, based on club selection, an entry and exit time to adhere to as well as social distancing and and no toilets being available, and being with my normal friends on match days is highly unlikely. Being vulnerable has its drawbacks too.

Govt guidelines announced today certainly seem to back up these thoughts. It’s a new world. We and football have to get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 15:04, Kenny Foggo said:

However I hope he is right and we can... But when has he ever told the truth? 

When he said many should expect to lose loved ones before their time and then did nothing to protect care homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I can't believe that the club would have the audacity to offer a season ticket holder a live stream in lieu of a seat in the stadium. I personally would find that offensive. I'm in the cheap seats and pay an average of over £20 a game, £20+ for a stream of a Norwich Championship match? No fooking way. A tenner is pushing it.

What about home AND away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

What about home AND away?

I'd basically be paying £500 for 8 live games plus 38 matches on a ropey stream. Still seems a little pricey to me. Particularly as three or four games are likely to be televised via other means.

£500 would get you a helluva lot of live football through other channels (admittedly not Norwich matches).

Edited by canarydan23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will start to be vaccinated sometime between October and December, I assume that is why he is saying there will be a return in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Well b back said:

People will start to be vaccinated sometime between October and December, I assume that is why he is saying there will be a return in October.

You’re hopeful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Well b back said:

People will start to be vaccinated sometime between October and December, I assume that is why he is saying there will be a return in October.

Oh please let this be true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grando said:

You’re hopeful!

Not really.

As you will see on the Come On Sarah thread, American news is reporting emergency use for the Oxford vaccine could now be as early as September and is already in mass production. Oxford tend to think it maybe closer to November. 5 vaccines now have excellent first data and are in phase 3, 4 of which the U.K. have already bought. The 5th the Chinese vaccine is already reported as been given to all the Chinese armed forces. There just needs to be enough people infected to get enough data to show the majority of those infected are on the placebo not the vaccine.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Well b back said:

People will start to be vaccinated sometime between October and December, I assume that is why he is saying there will be a return in October.

I too can see all that happening but not until 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaccinations when available either 2020 or 2021 might not be enough to entice us elders to risk the virus, you have to be concerned as to the efficacy of vaccines.  Virus is expected to mutate and change in the future making vaccine for Covid 19 strain maybe ineffective against the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pete said:

Vaccinations when available either 2020 or 2021 might not be enough to entice us elders to risk the virus, you have to be concerned as to the efficacy of vaccines.  Virus is expected to mutate and change in the future making vaccine for Covid 19 strain maybe ineffective against the next.

That’s cheered me up no end 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Not really.

As you will see on the Come On Sarah thread, American news is reporting emergency use for the Oxford vaccine could now be as early as September and is already in mass production. Oxford tend to think it maybe closer to November. 5 vaccines now have excellent first data and are in phase 3, 4 of which the U.K. have already bought. The 5th the Chinese vaccine is already reported as been given to all the Chinese armed forces. There just needs to be enough people infected to get enough data to show the majority of those infected are on the placebo not the vaccine.

 

Not that I want say, but I told you so back in May 😂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I too can see all that happening but not until 2021

Breaking news.

Russia to start vaccinations in October with their vaccine that’s now ready.

There are reports that Oxford vaccine now has enough data to be approved in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way will fans be back in grounds this side of the New Year. The virus is on the rise again, globally not just the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...