Sign in to follow this  
Top corner

Back in stadiums by autumn

Stadia being open and being at 100% capacity may be rather different things, and presumably supporters (older ones in particular) will be ‘supported’ if they don’t feel they want/ought to go.   

• Like 1

The financial implications of 25% attendance are huge for clubs outside the premier league, particularly for those clubs who have high attendance percentages! We are shielded from this because of parachute payments.

There is another possibility, for those who read our come on Sarah thread, it is likely that he knows far more about when a vaccine will be available than he happened to mention a minute ago. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

The financial implications of 25% attendance are huge for clubs outside the premier league, particularly for those clubs who have high attendance percentages! We are shielded from this because of parachute payments.

Just about spot on at Portman Road 😂

• Like 1

I wonder how Club cabbage will work

will you get your own window to lick or indeed will window licking be banned on the coaches 

football is far from returning to normal

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I wonder how Club cabbage will work

will you get your own window to lick or indeed will window licking be banned on the coaches 

football is far from returning to normal

Why is it called “club cabbage”?

3 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Because sugar beet, is so last century.....

• Haha 1

Good, I look forward to a few away days.. can't really afford too many of them, but I still enjoy them once in a while.

And I missed my last chance to visit Wycombes Adam Park stadium, so I look forward to this season.

5 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Sensible answer:

Because of the smell on them, you should have seen some of the yokels that used them back in the 70’s 😃 I should know I was one of them!

That and the aroma of home made soup and Bovril wafting about.

12 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Sensible answer:

Because of the smell on them, you should have seen some of the yokels that used them back in the 70’s 😃 I should know I was one of them!

That and the aroma of home made soup and Bovril wafting about.

Thanks for that, i’m a season ticket holder & i don’t get to go to many away games, but if i do manage to go to an away game, i think i will give sanders coaches a wide berth 

34 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Lol epic trolling. 

Everyone knows why it's called club cabbage and it's nothing to do with the smell. 

Surely if grounds are at reduced capacity then away fans will be banned? I would bloody well hope so being a ST holder. 

Looking forward to seeing how the club will implement this and dealing with refunds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Lol epic trolling. 

Everyone knows why it's called club cabbage and it's nothing to do with the smell. 

No trolling from me, i’ve heard the term “club cabbage” before, but i didn’t know why.

There's normally a pale green smog of a stinky stale flatulent cabbagey guff cloud that runs from the front of the coach to the rear....When CC supporters alight from club cabbage, they have facial features of a cabbage patch doll, curled teeth and the breath of a pickled egg force-fed constipated hippo with halitosis.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's a stupid idea from a stupid PM.

Quite smart by his standards tho!

As for away fans. Blanket ban on them this season would be the sensible plan. Teams might sulk if their fans missed a chance to go away earlier in season so when it comes to the return fixture not give out as many tickets to away fans on 'safety grounds' Also it's needless travel when the virus hasn't gone away.

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 1

Johnson is a liar and a fraud. He describes 45k plus deaths as a success and has just made your boss the one who decides if it's safe for you to go to work. I think the vaccine news is probably good so he is getting all giddy....

I can not see stadiums being full this year.

He doesn't know and in fairness nobody knows. But he appears to be going against scientific advice from earlier in the week when it was stated people should still work from home. Now we are being encouraged back. Puts a huge onus on employers to provide a safe system and environment for work. Not to mention the cost.

Anyway, back to football. I'll being going to the ground if I can get a ticket and a pre match beverage or 2. So I'm happy and the players need some support.

6 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

If that is correct does that mean ST holders will get to see one match in every four?

They certainly wont get to see every game. It will be a big hit to NCFC funds yet again.