Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your favourite Norwich kits?

It doesn't matter if home, away or third- What have been your favourites?

As for me, I always loved the look of our 97 home kit. Sure, some will argue it had too little green which I do agree, and yes it was rather baggy.. but I still think it looked good for trying something different.

As for the away kit.. loved our 2004 away kit, easily one of our best away kits in some time and do wish we might try and replicate it sometime. Plus it being an away kit Huckerby often worn at the start of his career with us might help it's image..

s-l300.jpg

norwich-04-away-ls_2_1_1.jpg

• Like 3

Completely agree with your 2 choices here mate.

The 97 home kit was great, although it definitely needed a bit of tailoring! Loved the colour. 

The 2004 away kit sets a very decent standard. 

I'd like to chuck in that purple 3rd kit from, I think, 2017. Such a regal colour. 

Also, for the keeper kits the mid nineties era of psychedelic kits. Around 96 there was one with rectangles and weird colours that was so ridiculous that it must've confused the opposition. 

Don't understand why we've had so few kits using that Green/ Black with Yellow colourway, it works really well.

I have both that one and the purple one mentioned lower down as my favourites. Sentimental value in the black + burgundy number I wore to the playoff final. In terms of yellow kits it can only be the speckle shirt, instantly recognised and 'ugly puppy' appeal.

I've said recently that I'd like to see pinstripes given a go on a home shirt again this coming season. Apart from one horribly artificial looking green kit with yellow shorts this style hasn't been touched since the Adidas days. They've also stopped stocking the 'leisurewear' version only recently which makes me think I'm on the right lines.

I actually rather like our red away kit from this season, but always have a soft spot for the Hummel kits, my favourite being the Fosters one with green sleeves. image.thumb.jpeg.a360d289744a84919db08c33a0d8a609.jpeg It evokes good memories, the likes of Dale Gordon and Kevin Drinkell at the top of their game.

• Like 3

I don't like the all-yellow Colman's kit at all - just too much yellow and not a very nice yellow at that. The fact that we were absolutely shocking in the 2 seasons we wore it probably also tinges my opinion of it.

I like the Hummel Foster's Lager one from 86-87 with the arrows down the sleeve. In more recent times the 11/12 kit for our first Prem season under Lambert looked really good and is one of my favourites.

I think we should try green socks again

• Thanks 1

1992-94 egg & cress home and the away from the same season - partly for personal reasons, partly for rarity (that away kit was possibly never worn, maybe once?) and partly just because the purple and white looks great.
Also love the 96-97 green-sleeved one.

However, the holy grail for my collection is the UEFA cup special shirt from our stint in Europe. Rare, classy and unusual for us (even if it is just a re-badged Wimbledon kit).

spacer.pngspacer.png

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I actually rather like our red away kit from this season, but always have a soft spot for the Hummel kits, my favourite being the Fosters one with green sleeves. image.thumb.jpeg.a360d289744a84919db08c33a0d8a609.jpeg It evokes good memories, the likes of Dale Gordon and Kevin Drinkell at the top of their game.

We all know where they got the idea for our red away kit from..

81ApWOYDXyL.jpg

86/87 without question. A kit ahead of its time, amazing to think its 34 years old...wouldn't look out of place today.

...and 'canary yellow too' , not some sort of shade of orange cleaning duster like some if those in 90's and 00's

40 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

5D67AEE7-0582-4C83-9E30-E5ADBF3D3F6F.jpeg

Honestly loved that green away kit.

Shame it was so stupid how they made three kits the same colour that year, nevermind the rugby kit third

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 hours ago, Canarywary said:

1992-94 egg & cress home and the away from the same season - partly for personal reasons, partly for rarity (that away kit was possibly never worn, maybe once?) and partly just because the purple and white looks great.
Also love the 96-97 green-sleeved one.

However, the holy grail for my collection is the UEFA cup special shirt from our stint in Europe. Rare, classy and unusual for us (even if it is just a re-badged Wimbledon kit).

spacer.pngspacer.png

I gave that rare kit to a random Thai bloke in Koh Phangang whilst i was travelling,  I've always simultaneously loved the idea of a random Thai bloke falling in love with us whilst regretting giving such a special shirt away.

• Haha 1

Easy question for me:

Who wore it best? It's 25 years since the first Premier League kits were  launched

Still have it, although when attired these days, requires a chisel & a putty knife to remove. Like body paint

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It doesn't matter if home, away or third- What have been your favourites?

As for me, I always loved the look of our 97 home kit. Sure, some will argue it had too little green which I do agree, and yes it was rather baggy.. but I still think it looked good for trying something different.

As for the away kit.. loved our 2004 away kit, easily one of our best away kits in some time and do wish we might try and replicate it sometime. Plus it being an away kit Huckerby often worn at the start of his career with us might help it's image..

Agree with these two. I liked the home kits either side of the 97 one as well - the Norwich and Peterborough one with the green sleeves and the Colman’s one with the green off centre stripe were both nice.

Most of the Colman’s ones were nice actually looking back - the green away kit with yellow trim (reverse of the 97 home kit) and the black away kit with green and yellow trim were good as well, although maybe not the white one.

The last home kit I really liked design wise was the Flybe one, although it was a bit orangey. Quite liked a couple of the Aviva away kits.

Chucking keepers’ shirts in as well... I really liked the red Colman’s one and the grey proton one - I’ve probably still got the grey one somewhere.

Edited by Aggy

16 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

5D67AEE7-0582-4C83-9E30-E5ADBF3D3F6F.jpeg

That stupid box on the home kit ruined what could've been an all-timer. One of the most ridiculous and frustrating designs in any modern kit. 

The black and white away kit from 2013 is a peach but my favourite is the 97-99 Pony Bruce Oldfield kit. Kudos to the 80s Hummel and Adidas kits. 

I love the distinctive yella n green but personally I'd like to see us mix it up. If you check the historical kits site a few posts up we didn't even settle on yellow shirts, green shorts, yellow socks until the 70s and mixed it up a lot before that, mainly wearing white then black shorts. 

I'm a big fan of a half and half kit (I'd love to see that Errea retro one the club are selling as our actual kit) and I like the use of different colours on our older kits. Would love to see that implemented again. 

Edited by non-scoring strikers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

cb815224e89357835dc5fb1e385f1723.jpg

Also nice and I quite like long sleeves on a shirt. Don’t see it much (at all?) nowadays.

2 hours ago, Aggy said:

Also nice and I quite like long sleeves on a shirt. Don’t see it much (at all?) nowadays.

They’ll be back once the under armour fashion has passed! 

Loved the Pony Bruce Oldfield dark blue kit, with the day glo’ yellow and green panels.  Really distinctive and looked so sharp.