Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like there might be something in it

I'm not sure I'd take anything written by him as gospel. Known for spreading misinformation and plagiarising others work.

On 18/07/2020 at 16:37, Capt. Pants said:

At least Jonno had a stand out season, I'm still waiting for McLean's.

You missed our promotion season entirely then yeah? 

Or you're just determined to hate McLean and ignore the work he does. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

I'm not sure I'd take anything written by him as gospel. Known for spreading misinformation and plagiarising others work.

In fairness he is just repeating what is written in the Portuguese tweet, rather than claiming any insight. 

However, a good rule of thumb in general is to ignore all transfer rumours from Portugal and Turkey - they have rather overactive media who link everyone to everything. 

18 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

In fairness he is just repeating what is written in the Portuguese tweet, rather than claiming any insight. 

However, a good rule of thumb in general is to ignore all transfer rumours from Portugal and Turkey - they have rather overactive media who link everyone to everything. 

If only that had been the case when we were linked with RvW!!

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Italy too!

A Championship club have allegedly bid £15m for Karlan Grant.

It won't be us, but that is what Webber means when he says there will be bigger spenders than us this season. 

Not going to be easy for us. 

15 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Yes, just confused me somewhat as a 30m release clause seems absurd, and obviously there's no way we'll be paying that.

In some countries it is a requirement to give every player a release clause in their contract.

Often they just pluck a silly number out of thin air to get around this.

Have a feeling the club is just waiting to banish the last game of this torrid restart before doing a 9-player revolving door reveal.

Same with the kits and whatnot. No association with a season we got wrong.

• Like 1

Vague Twitter rumours that Celtic are in for Krul at 4-6mil.

Think it's the right sort of club but also essentially puts the onus on us to find a suitable home grown replacement, which I don't think we can do for similar or less money. With our emphasis on foreign imports it would be madness not to have a first team keeper who is HG.

30 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

No way in earth Paulinho is coming here. Why would he, and we won't pay a decent sum for any player. 

Quite agree. We won't spend decent sums on any player - the approach will remain consistent as ever. No player like that will ever come here. 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Have a feeling the club is just waiting to banish the last game of this torrid restart before doing a 9-player revolving door reveal.

Same with the kits and whatnot. No association with a season we got wrong.

Sounds like a sensible move to be honest.

1 minute ago, Top corner said:

Norwich Evening News are now saying that Placheta is in Norwich having a medical prior to signing 

Did I miss the thread tracking his plane from Poland into Norwich airport on Flightradar24?

16 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You missed our promotion season entirely then yeah? 

Or you're just determined to hate McLean and ignore the work he does. 

I enjoyed watching Bradders for us. I don't enjoy watching McLean. Just my opinion nothing to do with hate.

My guess is that we're keeping incoming deals quiet to improve our position on outgoing players. 

How can we say we want to keep somebody when we have already replaced them? 

40 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I enjoyed watching Bradders for us. I don't enjoy watching McLean. Just my opinion nothing to do with hate.

Bradders was excellent. Remember how brilliant he played against Ipswich in the play offs. Awesome.

(we miss a couple of players like him. We are to weak throughout the team / squad)

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In some countries it is a requirement to give every player a release clause in their contract.

Often they just pluck a silly number out of thin air to get around this.

Do you know the reason why, out of interest? Seems pointless if clubs aren't legally bound to pay the release clause. Or are they?

4 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Do you know the reason why, out of interest? Seems pointless if clubs aren't legally bound to pay the release clause. Or are they?

Firstly, in some countries (Spain, for example) it's mandatory to have a 'buyout clause' rather than a 'release clause' so it works a little differently. Of course the buying club isn't legally bound to pay it; if the clubs agree a fee that is lower than the buyout clause then there isn't a problem, and that's what usually happens.

The buyout clause is for the player to buy himself out of the contract, but obviously the club he's moving to provides the money for that. Neymar moving to PSG is arguably the most famous example, as Barcelona didn't want to sell but his buyout clause was set at €222m so Neymar and his representatives bought him out of the contract for that amount.

In order to prevent this happening, most buyout clauses are way higher than a player's market value so it's just a token gesture, but if a player at a smaller clubs improves rapidly or insists on a lower fee then it can come in handy for a bigger club who wants to buy them.

A release clause is a bit simpler, as it means that if another club offers said amount then the offer must be accepted.

I'm sure Bethnal knows more, and can correct any errors here...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Did I miss the thread tracking his plane from Poland into Norwich airport on Flightradar24?

And is that plane towing a Delia Out! Banner?

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Firstly, in some countries (Spain, for example) it's mandatory to have a 'buyout clause' rather than a 'release clause' so it works a little differently. Of course the buying club isn't legally bound to pay it; if the clubs agree a fee that is lower than the buyout clause then there isn't a problem, and that's what usually happens.

The buyout clause is for the player to buy himself out of the contract, but obviously the club he's moving to provides the money for that. Neymar moving to PSG is arguably the most famous example, as Barcelona didn't want to sell but his buyout clause was set at €222m so Neymar and his representatives bought him out of the contract for that amount.

In order to prevent this happening, most buyout clauses are way higher than a player's market value so it's just a token gesture, but if a player at a smaller clubs improves rapidly or insists on a lower fee then it can come in handy for a bigger club who wants to buy them.

A release clause is a bit simpler, as it means that if another club offers said amount then the offer must be accepted.

I'm sure Bethnal knows more, and can correct any errors here...

Was just writing something similar but think you have it all covered. Spain is the only country that requires such clauses, I believe it relates to something in Spanish employment law to do with contracts.

Strong rumour that Liverpool are considering either Jamal Lewis or Lloyd Kelly to compete with Andrew Robertson for their left back position. Liverpool have a bit of a track record for signing players from relegated teams and there has been a long standing interest in Jamal. 

Lloyd Kelly may be preferred as he can also play centre back though. 

Full story below, Neil Jones is generally pretty well informed on Liverpool stuff

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpools-left-back-dilemma-how-do-reds-find-robertsons/1ur3mz4ww2xyf1b0palknmxkhj

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Can this Polish geezer play in defence? Where we have the real need to strengthen 

You do realise transfers aren't completed in priority order right? 

If course you do. You're just being ludicrous. 

50 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Strong rumour that Liverpool are considering either Jamal Lewis or Lloyd Kelly to compete with Andrew Robertson for their left back position. Liverpool have a bit of a track record for signing players from relegated teams and there has been a long standing interest in Jamal. 

Lloyd Kelly may be preferred as he can also play centre back though. 

Full story below, Neil Jones is generally pretty well informed on Liverpool stuff

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpools-left-back-dilemma-how-do-reds-find-robertsons/1ur3mz4ww2xyf1b0palknmxkhj

Well Farke will have given an honest assessment to Klopp I'm quite sure

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Well Farke will have given an honest assessment to Klopp I'm quite sure

I doubt it, Farke isn't involved in transfers. 

Farke and Klopp don't know each other. The first time they met was the Liverpool game at Anfield.