Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Again you jumped on me Bill! I didn’t mention you or Kingo, I pointed out that I read a selling club cannot carry on paying wages to a player as the contract is terminated and the new clubs contract starts, it has a conflict of the intrest and as such not legal in the same league.

I never singled anyone out, might be wrong just saying I’ve read it!

take that up with some one who is claiming that is possible - not me

2 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

I have no axe to grind with you, but your point isn't clear to me. Are you suggesting that WHU would pay a lump sum to the player to make up for the  wage differential?

Nope he’s back tracking by attack, his normal ploy! 

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

I have no axe to grind with you, but your point isn't clear to me. Are you suggesting that WHU would pay a lump sum to the player to make up for the  wage differential?

I am stating that WHU have a legal requirement to honour the contract with Hugill

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

take that up with some one who is claiming that is possible - not me

You did make that claim!

Your statement!

In reality if the figure is as quoted then WHU have a wage liability in regard to Hugill of around £3.5m.(2 years)

They can therefore simply sell him to City for whatever wage we want to pay as that is that (the numpty claim)m or

any sale will require Hugill being paid that amount in full by some combination of payment from the two clubs. City could simply offer him the same level of pay and so WHU remove that liability

City could offer a percentage of that wage and WHU would make up the difference

The latter two options will be determined much by how much WHU want that wageoff their books, and how much we value his services

I’ve pointed out the latter isn’t an option!

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nope he’s back tracking by attack, his normal ploy! 

Next he will accuse Chewy of having multiple log ins.

3 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

I think that was already implied.

Now that i have posted just sit back and wait for the poor old plod routine with a Youtube clip of a pig or laughing policeman.

Have we ever had such a diverse group of players, from all walks of Europe and further afield, sort of ironic given Brexit! German Manager / Coach too.

Edited by Indy

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now that i have posted just sit back and wait for the poor old plod routine with a Youtube clip of a pig or laughing policeman.

Good to see you adding to the thread with your 'vast' knowledge of football

rather than some snide dig, eh Tilly ? 🙄

49 minutes ago, Indy said:

You did make that claim!

Your statement!

In reality if the figure is as quoted then WHU have a wage liability in regard to Hugill of around £3.5m.(2 years)

They can therefore simply sell him to City for whatever wage we want to pay as that is that (the numpty claim)m or

any sale will require Hugill being paid that amount in full by some combination of payment from the two clubs. City could simply offer him the same level of pay and so WHU remove that liability

City could offer a percentage of that wage and WHU would make up the difference

The latter two options will be determined much by how much WHU want that wageoff their books, and how much we value his services

I’ve pointed out the latter isn’t an option!

eh ?

what is not an option   ?

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Good to see you adding to the thread with your 'vast' knowledge of football

rather than some snide dig, eh Tilly ? 🙄

I don't have to Google my football knowledge and the snide dig happens to be fact 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

OH CHRIST NOT THIS AGAIN.

"any sale will require Hugill being paid that amount in full by some combination of payment from the two clubs. City could simply offer him the same level of pay and so WHU remove that liability"

NO IT DOESN'T. Hugill could perfectly happilly agree to come to us for £10k less a week and West Ham wouldn't have to make up the rest of his wages. You make this insane claim on a yearly basis and it still isn't true.

Yes, they can't force him to accept lower wages. We could offer him £10k less a week and he could say no. Or he could be offered £10k less a week and West Ham could offer to pay him £5k a week to top it up. 

However if Hugill agrees to a lower deal here with no top up from West Ham then West Ham wouldn't owe him the difference. 

Knew this debate would come back during the transfer window.

Might unblock Billy Boy to have a good laugh, then of course put him back on block 😁

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You know what he's like. He makes a statement once and he refuses to acknowledge there may be another viewpoint or alternative, so he just runs and runs with 

It's ok, one of his other log ins will be on shortly to back him up when nobody else does 😉

So, no-one interested in this Irish lad, brought up in Spain but played only in Italy then?  Seems far fetched but stranger things have happened.  

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I don't have to Google my football knowledge and the snide dig happens to be fact 99% of the time.

Because you have none

Your contributions are about the level of Swindon - childish bleats, that never add anything to the thread, as well you know

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Don’t know of or think it’s legal to buy a player on a new contract and that player still being paid by a previous club to make up the difference!

I believe it is. It certainly has happened in the past, and I don't think it has been outlawed.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

there are infinite viewpoints - that does not make the valid simply by the dint of them being expressed

I have one viewpoint, based on the legality of contract

sadly the usual numpties are waving bits of paper with my words on, that they have scribbled out

meaning I am wrong, because they have changed what I said 🤪

but nice to see you join in with your usual lack of knowledge about the matter in hand

I never said you were wrong. I just said that you refuse to accept any other viewpoints. You seem to think that if you're right (sometimes you are, sometimes you aren't) then everybody else is automatically wrong by default and it is impossible to have any other opinion so you just start insulting and mocking them, even if what they are saying is actually correct.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Because you have none

Your contributions are about the level of Swindon - childish bleats, that never add anything to the thread, as well you know

Yeah, yeah whatever you say wise one, master of all knowledge on any subject.

I do find it funny that you are the most detested poster on the forum which probably explains why posters in considerable numbers have blocked you. Ever thought why that is or are you too self absorbed to run it through your head ?

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm excited by the prospect of Hugill joining. He's the type of striker that often does well here. Reminds me much more of Grant Holt than Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes was more of a poacher, he was tall but very lightweight and was easily shrugged off the ball and crowded out, Hugill is more physical and better technically. Yes he hasn't scored for fun in his career, but he will get a lot more chances per game for us in the league next year than he's gotten at any other club he's played for previously. 

While not outstanding he's exactly the type of striker we need to compete with Pukki next season. I would take him over Rhodes or Drmic any day of the week. 

yep, much as I see it

scores with both feet and his head - an old fashioned centre forward - get the ball into the box, and he will score

all last seasons 15 goals below - just what we need for the Championship

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I am stating that WHU have a legal requirement to honour the contract with Hugill

Unless it's renegotiated, like when ,say, .....he goes on loan, and sometimes wages are paid by both, or not, whatever all 3 parties agree to.

Just for  Bilious , the three parties are The loaning  Club, the  borrowing  club and the Player. Very simple really, im amazed you cant  ( or wont) grasp it. Actually no, I'm not surprised at all by your refusal to accept the truth. Dolt.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Unless it's renegotiated, like when ,say, .....he goes on loan, and sometimes wages are paid by both, or not, whatever all 3 parties agree to.

Just for  Bilious , the three parties are The loaning  Club, the  borrowing  club and the Player. Very simple really, im amazed you cant  ( or wont) grasp it. Actually no, I'm not surprised at all by your refusal to accept the truth. Dolt.

The contract is no 're-negotiated' when a player goes on loan 

I have not stated that so do us all a favour and stop lying

I'll let you lot all carry on arguing, but I just wanted to say that I was very surprised to see that Wiki have Kevin Davies listed as being 6ft tall.  I had never considered that he was that tall.  He just didn't appear that tall to me.  It may also be because he has always reminded me a bit of Michael Owen so maybe I have just assumed he was more around that height?

Anyway, carry on ...

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

The contract is no 're-negotiated' when a player goes on loan 

I have not stated that so do us all a favour and stop lying

$od off cretin, of course its renegotiated to allow for changes in who pays what for the duration of the loan. You really are being extra childish and pathetic lately, even for you. Me and all my other guises were saying so only yesterday. Its a mad thing , paranoia.

Edited by wcorkcanary

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah, yeah whatever you say wise one, master of all knowledge on any subject.

I do find it funny that you are the most detested poster on the forum which probably explains why posters in considerable numbers have blocked you. Ever thought why that is or are you too self absorbed to run it through your head ?

dear god, how old are you plod  ?

unable to contribute to the thread you resort to playground level jibes

sad old fck

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

$od off cretin, of course its renegotiated to allow for changes in who pays what for the duration of the loan. You really are being extra childish and pathetic lately, even for you. Me and all my other guises were saying so only yesterday. Its a mad thing , paranoia.

No, the contract with the player remains as it is

all that happens is that the two clubs sign a contract with regard to that loan

ps I would stop digging now if I were you ☺️

1 minute ago, Bill said:

No, the contract with the player remains as it is

all that happens is that the two clubs sign a contract with regard to that loan

ps I would stop digging now if I were you ☺️

But you are not me ,so eat shoite. You are a hair splitting paranoid egotist, whereas I am not. So ,as you have been told many times before, do one. End of message. Stop.

7 hours ago, All the Germans said:

To quote two of my Middlesbrough supporting colleagues (both season ticket holders) from his time with them.

"He's terrible. And I really mean terrible. Plus, at the end of the games he was doubled over panting, he was not fit enough"

"He's decent. He'll do a job if the team is setup to play to his strengths."

I saw him a few times at Middlesbrough and didn't think much (you can probably tell!). I do not want us to sign him for any large amount of money (>1.5m) but as a backup, I would prefer him to Drmic (but I'd prefer my Nan to Drmic).

I may be over emphasizing my point here, but I've just had a text from another Boro supporting* mate** (who is generally pretty positive) "You're right, he is sh*t. A proper carthorse" ***

* I live in North Yorkshire, everyone around here is a Boro fan.

** My opinion of him and that for all of my references are based upon a single season at Middlesbrough. Maybe he is better than was shown there.

*** He's one of their own too and they really wanted to like him and for him to be good.

PS with regards to Contracts and Bill. Just ignore him, it's really not worth the effort boys.

Can we stop derailing the thread with all this waffle about contracts and get back to discussing how Hugill is not the player we need instead?

Slow, poor first touch, not especially strong, frequently misses absolute sitters, and although it was a decent return last season, the season before he was absolutely dire for Boro, and the fact that West Ham are so desperate to offload him also shows something.

No wonder football is in the state it is if the suggestion of him being on 30-35k a week is true, absolute travesty.

• Like 1

So depressing when a decent thread descends into two people just arguing with each other and sharing insults 😢

• Like 2

Just now, rock bus said:

So depressing when a decent thread descends into two people just arguing with each other and sharing insults 😢

Two people............. nineteen different log-ins apparently  🤣

• Haha 1