Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

Really, I feel like we've done the best we can this window up to this point. We've added decent-seeming replacements at positions where (1) we were clearly weak and/or (2) where we might lose players (e.g., FB, AM, S; Still need CB cover though) and have tried to be as positive and open as possible. We've managed risks/the unknown as best as possible give the resources and evidence we have.

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

What mistakes

We did not run up huge debts as with B'mouth to try to cling onto a PL place

We developed our own young players. We continued in progressing the club along the path we originally set out on.

The only mistakes were by the ragbag of numpties who thought that after promotion we could and should retain our rightful place in the PL//// at any cost.

Spending way above your means to have a seat at the top table for a few seasons then falling into the gutter afterwards is not success- so I don't see last season as a failure - more a demonstration of reality

Shame a few in here still cannot come to terms with that reality

The mistakes were the loans and leaving us short of defensive cover, not just at the end but all through the season. 

I totally agree that we did the best thing by not spending. I heard the loan fee for Fahrmann was 3 million, you could argue that the loan fees and wages could have been better invested, more players like Byram. 

It's important not to shut your eyes and pretend we did nothing wrong. It's a different situation next season and failure is not an option. 

Buendia on his way, 32m.

#lcfc in prime position to sign #ncfc star player Emiliano Buendia. Fee looks to be around £32m and a medical should be taking place in the coming days. Heres what he could offer the foxes. More on @TeleFootball

Edited by Block Y Seat 176
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Buendia on his way, 32m.

#lcfc in prime position to sign #ncfc star player Emiliano Buendia. Fee looks to be around £32m and a medical should be taking place in the coming days. Heres what he could offer the foxes. More on @TeleFootball

That's one hell of a profit if we do get £32m for him.

Not going to relate it to the Maddison deal as different times and different financial pressures.

Leicester would be a good move for him and I might have to become a Leicester fan and that's now 2 maybe 3 of my favourite NCFC players there 🤣

5 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Buendia on his way, 32m.

Wow - that's a lot of money!!!

8 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Buendia on his way, 32m.

There's nothing on @telefootball even mentioning this that I can find.

#lcfc in for a #ncfc double swoop. Wanting both Emiliano Buendia and Jamal Lewis. They are happy to pay the £20m for Lewis that Liverpool wouldn't, funded by the departure of Ben Chilwell to #cfc. More on @TeleFootball

16 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Buendia on his way, 32m.

That was posted by a fake account. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

#lcfc in for a #ncfc double swoop. Wanting both Emiliano Buendia and Jamal Lewis. They are happy to pay the £20m for Lewis that Liverpool wouldn't, funded by the departure of Ben Chilwell to #cfc. More on @TeleFootball

So you keep saying. Except there is nothing on @Telefootball and there is nothing on John Percy's twitter. Searching for various combos of the words turns up absolutely nothing either.

It's all over twitter - but so is Messi to Forest Green Rovers!! 🙂

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So you keep saying. Except there is nothing on @Telefootball and there is nothing on John Percy's twitter. Searching for various combos of the words turns up absolutely nothing either.

Hook, line and sinker🤦‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

ruh roh

Depends what it means - we don’t expect Klose or Vrancic to leave but wouldn’t be too big a hit; people had suggested Kenny might go and m/f is an area where we are well stocked.  We’ve got cover in many areas should players go...other than up front.

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 minutes ago, NWC said:

It's all over twitter - but so is Messi to Forest Green Rovers!! 🙂

Is this a loan or permanent move?

• Like 1

The current season hasn't properly finished yet with the Champions League and Europa League ongoing. Won't affect our purchases but there could be a ripple effect if a few big names start to move around in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not the best record, but I would still gladly take him over Drmic

hugill.png

I would take Hugh Grant over Drmic😁

Not sure hes our style but read a rumour we were in talks with Jordan Hughill at west ham for £5m. Think of was from that Karveh bloke on sky sports who seems to talk alot of rubbish so I'd be surprised if true 

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

ruh roh

I would expect one or more departure(s) from Hanley, Klose and Zimmermann

The changes look quite comprehensive, not a few seasoned pros to bolster the squad - but an almost new squad, and there must be an eye on who will be good enough if we go up

I am not sure if those three will be