Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

44 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Its quite simple for me, if you like them and their content tune in, if not - dont. I don't mind either of them and post some decent content. I have time for any norwich fans with half a brain, which they have. 

Problem is that when they interview someone, say Stuart Webber, I'm only interested in what their guest has to say. Jack's a decent interviewer, but Chris "as the voice of the fan" either injects or has to be worked into the conversion to not look like a third wheel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Problem is that when they interview someone, say Stuart Webber, I'm only interested in what their guest has to say. Jack's a decent interviewer, but Chris "as the voice of the fan" either injects or has to be worked into the conversion to not look like a third wheel.

You're not wrong. They both have a lot to learn about presenting still, but for me any positive online content which comes out of Norwich is a positive. Being based now in Herts, its things like this which make you feel a little more in the loop.

2 hours ago, kirku said:

The Peter Crouch podcast isn't hugely popular

understatement of the year 🤢

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maya Jama certainly made up for that dreadful programme's shortcomings.

Huh?

Not a rumour as we haven't been linked anywhere I've seen, but we were once apparently after Jack Butland and I now see that Stoke have cut their asking price to £8m from £15m for their substitute goalkeeper, who cant get in their team. Has a year left on his rumoured £35k weekly contract.

Was once a very fine keeper - a story not unlike our own Tim Krul, and a classic case for Farke/Webber to resurrect a career.

I get that we wouldn't pay them £8m and no one else would either, but a year on loan maybe?

There are just some goalkeepers that seem to be able to withstand whatever we throw at them. If I recall Butland was one of those, much how I feel like Carson. You just know even a deflected shot they will save.

Excellent goalkeeper, but £35k a week, goodness me. In an ideal world it would be great to have the 2.

I am certain one of the pinkun reports noted that we are sticking with McGovern as number 2 with a youngster as number 3 choice GK.

But if we went up and he was a free transfer, then I would say excellent cover for Krul.

37 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Not a rumour as we haven't been linked anywhere I've seen, but we were once apparently after Jack Butland and I now see that Stoke have cut their asking price to £8m from £15m for their substitute goalkeeper, who cant get in their team. Has a year left on his rumoured £35k weekly contract.

Was once a very fine keeper - a story not unlike our own Tim Krul, and a classic case for Farke/Webber to resurrect a career.

I get that we wouldn't pay them £8m and no one else would either, but a year on loan maybe?

Butland's been absolutely shocking for them though, he was a big part of their poor league position

Korey Smith about to sign for Swansea.

Great move for him. Think he's a superb player at this level. Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

Wow. Waaaaay too much hate for the TNC boys on here! What gives? They're just doing their thing. I neither love nor hate them, but do generally enjoy their show. Let's not start bickering and eating our own here.

At any rate ... it's been too many days since we've signed a new player and I'm getting anxious! We need a 17-year-old plucked from the Macedonian 3rd tier to get us going again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kirku said:

Well, if the opinions offered aren't insightful or knowledgeable then that's all you've got - the personality of the presenters.

The Peter Crouch podcast isn't hugely popular due to its investigative journalism, is it?

Dude... You got me there! 😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Wow. Waaaaay too much hate for the TNC boys on here! What gives? They're just doing their thing. I neither love nor hate them, but do generally enjoy their show. Let's not start bickering and eating our own here.

Yeah, let's not have an opinion on, or discuss, media related to the club on a discussion board. 

I hadn't realised Michael Bailey was still doing a podcast and have already listened to one this afternoon and subscribed for more. So the discussion (and tangent) has been very useful.

Thanks for the recommendation @Yellow and Green and @Icecream Snow

2 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

Korey Smith about to sign for Swansea.

Great move for him. Think he's a superb player at this level. Good luck to him. 

On the main Bristol City forum most fans were unhappy he was going to be offered a new contract. Now he's off most are saying they should have kept him. Sums up supporters of every club. There is concern that severe injuries over the last couple of years might have left him not the player he was. 

TNC are fine when they have guests on but I can't stand them otherwise. Feel like they're aiming their content at a younger audience maybe. Connor Southwell did some good stuff before it became his job to churn it out daily.

Much prefer Benjamin Bloom tbh.

4 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

much as the photos were me, doing me thing

and I did not see any hate either, so lets not start making up stuff about our own

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Jamal Lewis to Leicester is creeping around the internet

Would probably be a better move for him to be honest compared to Liverpool 

• Like 3

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Especially if chillwell gets his wish with a move away. Media linking him with Chelsea at 80m. That would hopefully give us a chance to hold out for a huge sum for Lewis! Maybe we could squeeze 30m!! 

It happens doesnt it? When clubs sell someone and we know how much they have, there next target suddenly has an extra 10m slapped on.

Also, saw Jacob Murphy linked. Only a year left on his contract as well, but available for loan. Would have to sort his wages out, I wouldn't say no to him. Not a starter for me though

Was always a possible move if Chilwell went anywhere - and for me would be a far better move for Jamal; as things stand Leicester are one of the top 8 sides and playing in Europe, so a great stepping stone at the very least.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Especially if chillwell gets his wish with a move away. Media linking him with Chelsea at 80m. That would hopefully give us a chance to hold out for a huge sum for Lewis! Maybe we could squeeze 30m!! 

It happens doesnt it? When clubs sell someone and we know how much they have, there next target suddenly has an extra 10m slapped on.

I think you have to be careful not to mess the player about. Jamal seems a sensible lad from what I've seen, but I think if an acceptable fee was spoken about when Liverpool came calling, to change that just because Leicester have made a major sale seems unfair to Lewis to me.

We also do have to accept we are a club that makes it's way by player sales, so giving us a reputation as a club that moves goal posts is probably unwise. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I think you have to be careful not to mess the player about. Jamal seems a sensible lad from what I've seen, but I think if an acceptable fee was spoken about when Liverpool came calling, to change that just because Leicester have made a major sale seems unfair to Lewis to me.

We also do have to accept we are a club that makes it's way by player sales, so giving us a reputation as a club that moves goal posts is probably unwise. 

It would also give us the chance to strengthen and Buy some youngster than maybe out of our price range before the Virus with a lot of cash strapped clubs 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Agree. Lewis needs to be playing in a first eleven imo at his age too. Better than say 12 games a year for Liverpool. Paid more but also a bit more miserable. 

It seems that whatever we'd accept for Lewis would price him out of a move to a big club.

Nobody is going to spend that kind of money on a backup LB, so a team like Leicester who might sell their current first choice seems like the best option for all parties.

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

You’re not looking at her face are you ?

One thing's for sure, she's got great things in front of her.

13 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

You would hope that Leicester will also know we only want sensible bids too

If Leicester sell there left back for 80 buy Lewis for 20 it would be great business for them 

that in my eyes is where there club fail  with our current owners 
stay in the premiership for a couple of seasons and our players value would double 

In my opinion we just need injections of cash at certain times to stay in the top league 

Not crazy money but 20/30 million last season would have maybe given use a fighting chance 

That is my wish that we had a owner rich enough to give us 20/30 million when the club Really needed it 

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If Leicester sell there left back for 80 buy Lewis for 20 it would be great business for them 

that in my eyes is where there club fail  with our current owners 
stay in the premiership for a couple of seasons and our players value would double 

In my opinion we just need injections of cash at certain times to stay in the top league 

Not crazy money but 20/30 million last season would have maybe given use a fighting chance 

That is my wish that we had a owner rich enough to give us 20/30 million when the club Really needed it 

I know I am getting on a bit but it amazes me that people think that 20 / 30 million to flush down the toilet just like that is something that has become expected.

• Like 1