Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Who mentioned money.. if we sell Emi I would hope they spend some money to find a better replacement or are you accepting that selling your best players makes you weaker? We sold Madison but to their credit improved the team... Nothing but the same again would be acceptable surely...

Realistically I don’t expect a like for like improvement for each player who leaves. Some purchases will turn out to be a ‘Duda’ because as the season just gone sadly showed, sometimes the scouting gets it wrong. In other cases, like Godfrey, we could manage without him, assuming no injuries. (Not saying this will happen, it depends on what the view on Famewo is I guess). In other cases, we might spread the risk and buy a couple of players. The point being that the school of thought that if we sell Emi, we need to buy a new version, is simplistic.

50 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You would definitely hope so given our improved financial position

Our improved financial position ignoring what COVID has done you mean?

33 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That would be a massive tantrum wouldn’t it ? 😁

I have heard on the grapevine that Buendia is quite happy to stay but others may be pushing a move. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I have heard on the grapevine that Buendia is quite happy to stay but others may be pushing a move. 

hope so, he's the one I'd most like to keep. Far too good for the championship and almost guarantees we will be near the top of the table with him pulling the strings. 

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Same here...

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Same here...

And the players that are pushing for a move are???? 

Pukki? 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We will not replace any of them with better.

if you sell one player for £20m then you may be able to make the team stronger by bringing in three or four as happened with Madders.

if we sell Lewis, Aaron’s, Godfrey, Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell then even if we get a combined £100m we will have a weaker team. You can’t replace half the team with cheaper players and make it stronger. Whether you can make it not much weaker is perhaps a different question. 

By that logic a Murphy twins, Pritchard and Oliveira frontline was better than Buendia, Stieperman, Hernandez and Pukki. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 5

Would be great if Emi stayed, even if "the others" left.

Onel, Emi and Dowell should rip up the Champ. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kirku said:

Would be great if Emi stayed, even if "the others" left.

Onel, Emi and Dowell should rip up the Champ. 

If we keep Emi, but lose Todd, or vice versa, I‘m ok with that. It’s one player from midfield.

If we lose Jamal, Max and Ben that would be a bit different. One, maybe two, but all three would be a huge change in a short space of time.

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If we keep Emi, but lose Todd, or vice versa, I‘m ok with that. It’s one player from midfield.

If we lose Jamal, Max and Ben that would be a bit different. One, maybe two, but all three would be a huge change in a short space of time.

True, but with Byram likely replacing Jamal or Max it shouldn't be catastrophic. You'd hope.

7 minutes ago, kirku said:

True, but with Byram likely replacing Jamal or Max it shouldn't be catastrophic. You'd hope.

With Byram you will be lucky to get half a season out of him let alone a full one 

7 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

The oldest adage. If you sign someone,they have to be better than who you have. End of. That must translate to who you HAD.!!!!

If that was true every football team would always get stronger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be sad if Emi left us. His passion and inventiveness are just what we need. 

Leeds are making a lot of noise however they wont put up the money. 

It maybe that this idea behind the club saying Emi can go if the right money comes in is a case of asking Leeds to "put up or shut up" knowing that they wont.  

They are just trying to unsettle him. 

Personally I'd love to see Emi played as a number 10.

He can do better than Leeds anyway particularly if he learns how to roll around on the ground like he's been shot anytime a Burnley player makes contact with him.

Emi should be played as a number 10 behind Pukki next season. They work well off each other and he has the inventiveness to make stuff happen in the middle of the park, he's wasted out on the wing and gets frustrated easily.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Emi should be played as a number 10 behind Pukki next season. They work well off each other and he has the inventiveness to make stuff happen in the middle of the park, he's wasted out on the wing and gets frustrated easily.

I think that would work well, all his best work is going forward, when he defends he gives away so many free kicks and makes poor tackles

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Isnt that were Dowell will be playing?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Isnt that were Dowell will be playing?

I think he can play a bit wider and also deeper if needs be (ooh matron).

I imagine we'll see quite a lot of interchange between our attacking midfielders depending on who remains.

2 hours ago, Bonzo said:

I would be sad if Emi left us. His passion and inventiveness are just what we need. 

Leeds are making a lot of noise however they wont put up the money. 

It maybe that this idea behind the club saying Emi can go if the right money comes in is a case of asking Leeds to "put up or shut up" knowing that they wont.  

They are just trying to unsettle him. 

Personally I'd love to see Emi played as a number 10.

He can do better than Leeds anyway particularly if he learns how to roll around on the ground like he's been shot anytime a Burnley player makes contact with him.

Seems like its Leeds fans, egged on by  non reliable media outlets, that have Emi going to Leeds. An actual reliable Leeds source has said Leeds have a list of players that they are interested in / may want to go for, but Buendia does not feature on that list.

Also we should know  pretty soon whether Lewis to Pool has legs, seems Liverpool already have a Greek full back from Olympiakos ready and waiting to sign for around  15 mill. Should only be a few days at most, perhaps sooner, when we know for sure.

7 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Seems like its Leeds fans, egged on by  non reliable media outlets, that have Emi going to Leeds. An actual reliable Leeds source has said Leeds have a list of players that they are interested in / may want to go for, but Buendia does not feature on that list.

Also we should know  pretty soon whether Lewis to Pool has legs, seems Liverpool already have a Greek full back from Olympiakos ready and waiting to sign for around  15 mill. Should only be a few days at most, perhaps sooner, when we know for sure.

So Liverpool were only using Lewis and their interest (?) as the key to unlock the Greek signing.  Fuss about nowt again?

Tbh they did always say they had other options and it does sound like they put on a proper (if rubbish) bid. You’d have thought all things being equal they’d go down the homegrown route

The issue certainly is how fragile our back is, take away Lewis, Aaron’s and Godfrey, then you have Byram, Hanley and Klose who can’t stay fit over a season, which then leaves Zimmermann, who himself has been injured this year.

As above I’d be happy to see Lewis and Aarons go along with one from Cantwell or Buendia but would love to see Godfrey stay.

Yeah I saw the link to the left back from Olympiakos. He played last night against Wolves.

There are other options out there and so although we can play hardball it is difficult. I cannot recall if it was BYG who noted that players can see sometimes if we resist a transfer and that can cause unrest certainly when we advocate we are a club that gives players a chance and can, when the position is right, get that move.

It is a hard game. I would like Jamal Lewis to be at Liverpool. I can see him grow there and be whatever he becomes. So no question as a player this gives you global exposure and chances to win major trophies.

It does have to be on good terms however and as we know the British price tag is always a problem as it does inflate compared to European players.

In regard to Emi, in a number 10 position you can see him drift away from Defensive midfielders, centre halves and be pulling the strings. I would put him as one of the best players I have ever seen at NCFC for balance, poise, tenacity, strength on the ball and again he plays at a different speed to so many. So again in the Championship he would be a star once more.

We know Marco has a presence and feeds the ball through for Pukki well too, so although he is not as technically gifted as Emi he has had a good time in the league below.

But with new pace outside and creativity coming in from Dowell, Martin, Onel into Buendia in the number 10 position, he will be making a lot of players look very good and have a great season alongside himself.

I agree for me he is irreplaceable. But lets see 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

VERY dubious tweet claiming we he have bought Rhodes for Josip plus 5 mill, and given Rhodes is a free agent.. Very intriguing, even if this tweet stinks more than a fish market

20200807_131843.jpg

Someones avin a larf.

Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey will go.  Too much interest for them not too. 

Buendia, I just don't see his performances last season and attitude leading to a better team where he could flourish making a serious offer. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

VERY dubious tweet claiming we he have bought Rhodes for Josip plus 5 mill, and given Rhodes is a free agent.. Very intriguing, even if this tweet stinks more than a fish market

20200807_131843.jpg

i doubt even the author of the tweet intended anyone to take it seriously.

15 hours ago, Olano said:

And the players that are pushing for a move are???? 

Pukki? 

Lewis, Trybull, Leitner, Vrancic and Cantwell and Godfrey.

And if the price offered is right they will let anyone leave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

20200807_131843.jpg

Intriguing how? It is obviously nonsense on about 10 different levels.