Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

9 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Feels like we are under siege for our star players.

Not to me. I factored in that we would sell two out of the five supposed stars, and we have only sold one so  far, and for a reasonable price.

Aye, I was thinking we’d lose 2-3 of them, so we’re doing ok so far.  We got a lot of guys in advance so can cope in terms of numbers but you do feel that if Max were to leave we’d need another rb.

I thought we would sell 3 or 4 actually. Cantwell imo is more at home in the top flight than the championship. At the back of my mind i have a fear that his career could go the way of the Murphy twins and if the price is right i think it would be a win win for him and the club to let him go. There will be a lot of competition in our midfield this season and should he stay and lose his place his value could drop considerably  given the uncertain times we are in

If I had to pick a star player to go for me it would be Cantwell, I think he's a cracking player but as we saw when we went up last time he's not an essential cog. If we sold him to shore up our finances and kept hold of Buendia then i'd be happy with that, especially if Stieperman and Vrancic start competing for the spot in behind Pukki with Buendia and hernandez/Placheta either side.

10 minutes ago, birchfest said:

If I had to pick a star player to go for me it would be Cantwell, I think he's a cracking player but as we saw when we went up last time he's not an essential cog. If we sold him to shore up our finances and kept hold of Buendia then i'd be happy with that, especially if Stieperman and Vrancic start competing for the spot in behind Pukki with Buendia and hernandez/Placheta either side.

I think that's a little bit harsh, because he's easily our most improved player over the last 12-18 months.

20 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Your mate is an end of bell. Same as the majority Leeds supporters.

haha, been getting all sorts of quotes sent about Buendia going there and then now it's Cantwell they're looking at!

• Haha 1

Yea, some freelance journo on Twitter is banging this drum. £15 million.

I forget which Murphy it was that we sold for £12m without any PL football behind him; does a full season standing out at the top level only scrape another £3m on top of that?

Personally I think he flatters to deceive a bit, very susceptible to being pressed out of games and for the right price I'd wave him away. The right price being a bit more than is rumoured.

Well, of the ‘big 5’, if we only lost Todd and Jamal we’d be doing rather well....but with a week still to go and Max being looked at who knows where we’ll end.

18 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

"but with a week still to go "

Not quite a week. The transfer window closes internationally on the 5th of October 11pm, but the English Leagues can still buy and loan players between themselves until 5pm on the 16th of October. So the Premier League clubs only option for players then will be English teams. The only thing that might help us is that teams in European competitions need to register their squads with UEFA by the 6th.

Edited by KiwiScot

So from what I've heard behind the scenes... with a week until the main transfer deadline and 3 until the other deadline, things are turning south for the "golden 4"

Emi has made clear he wants to leave and is really desperately angling for a move, Aarons is unsettled with the interest from Barca/Bayern and Cantwell has completely dropped a strop in training, no idea about Godfrey.

Problem is, any remotely interested parties are either biding their time or lowballing us into submission.

We may end the window with 3 or 4 top players deeply unhappy about being here or alternatively we end it with scant reward for all the effort we have put into their development. Worst of both worlds sadly. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don't see Emi today... unused sub perhaps...

Our best hope is that Emi "gives us a window" like Suarez did for Liverpool and he goes and smashes this league again but it's very wishful thinking.

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on sadly.

I reckon by October 17th we'll have 1 of the 4 left at the club and less than £40m total for our troubles.

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

Something doesn't sound right about Cantwell to Leeds. I don't see it. If he does leave for somewhere this week, you would hope the club could squeeze another few million out of it. 20m (& a few add-ons) would be a nice round number. If Todd goes & with Dowell out, I wonder does it open the door for Josh Martin to stake his claim? Himself & Idah might be the two to push through this season. I like Todd and I think he has great vision, control & confidence but for me too, keeping Emi onside would be more beneficial. If it's true he wants to go, let him go. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Interest from Turkey in Hernandez now. From Alan Nixon. Would you sell and for how much?

Definitely not. We need every attacking player we’ve got, especially good apples like Argos. Also looked very comfortable in the PL, about the only player who could really come out of the post lockdown football with any credit.

44 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No Argos's in Turkey, nothing to see here. 

Just read up on them - Turkish champions who can also offer Champions League football (albeit only likely group stages). You would think this would certainly be of interest to Onel. A bit concerning, and unexpected. 

Leeds apparently on the verge of signing Raphinha from Rennes for £23mil, which some outlets are claiming will spell the end of their interest in Cantwell. The plot thickens...

Got a feeling that Todd may have a bit of work to do to get a move now. Even more work for him if he stays. But if you roll the dice......

Nothing I've read suggests Cantwell was ever seriously on the Leeds radar and I just don't see him as a direct replacement for Hernandez .  

He needs to knuckle down and get himself back in the team. If he has a storming season then clubs will come knocking again. 

Still think we need a creative midfielder tho

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Leeds apparently on the verge of signing Raphinha from Rennes for £23mil, which some outlets are claiming will spell the end of their interest in Cantwell. The plot thickens...

This whole Cantwell/Leeds talk has been stirred up his agent, it was his agent who approached Leeds in the first place.

Agent seems desperate for his % in selling him on.

Todd cantwell driving to Leeds and banging on the Elland road door at 22:55pm tonight will be quite a sight 

Edited by The Real Buh