Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

16 minutes ago, Billyboybunters said:

Looks like Aaron’s not going to Spurs as they are looking to sign Matt Doherty from Wolves 

Does that mean he’s going to Wolves instead? 😉

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

Does that mean he’s going to Wolves instead? 😉

i Imagine Aarons will be on Wolves list of Targets the same for Lewis at Leicester what Number on that List who knows 

Wolves would have been in Talks with other clubs before this came to light as Spurs would have been talking to them about Doherty 

i Said earlier in the week that talks have been going on about 3 of our youngsters Now they may come to nothing as one of them might have been spurs sounding out Aarons just in case Docherty fell through 

i do Expect now some full backs are joining other clubs ours will be on some lists somewhere higher up the food chain 

Edited by norfolkngood

12 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

Friend of mine is a youth coach at Spurs - he says there are rumours they’re after Buendia, and not Aarons 

Jose and Emi ....what a marriage.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i Imagine Aarons will be on Wolves list of Targets the same for Lewis at Leicester what Number on that List who knows 

Wolves would have been in Talks with other clubs before this came to light as Spurs would have been talking to them about Doherty 

i Said earlier in the week that talks have been going on about 3 of our youngsters Now they may come to nothing as one of them might have been spurs sounding out Aarons just in case Docherty fell through 

i do Expect now some full backs are joining other clubs ours will be on some lists somewhere higher up the food chain 

Wolves are signing Maitland-Niles for £20m - you don't sign two players for the same position who are only a couple of years apart in such quick succession. They will probably look for an experienced head to cover Docherty's sale and to help AMN settle.

Norwich's players will be on lists of targets, but the asking prices are high so others are being lined up first. As the window gets towards being closed desperation may see some clubs more comfortable with paying those fees as other targets slip past.

Spurs ended their interest in Aarons pretty much as soon as Jose turned up, Aarons was a target to fit Poch's style.

10 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wolves are signing Maitland-Niles for £20m - you don't sign two players for the same position who are only a couple of years apart in such quick succession. They will probably look for an experienced head to cover Docherty's sale and to help AMN settle.

Norwich's players will be on lists of targets, but the asking prices are high so others are being lined up first. As the window gets towards being closed desperation may see some clubs more comfortable with paying those fees as other targets slip past.

Spurs ended their interest in Aarons pretty much as soon as Jose turned up, Aarons was a target to fit Poch's style.

That’s what I was trying to say Bethnal wolves have their target and if the arsenal deal falls through then Aaron’s would move up the list

clubs have many targets as you well know I was just pointing out where in that order Norwich players are 

at the moment looks like clubs are getting their number one targets if that changes our players will move up the order 

I do feel there is better value out there at the moment 

30 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Do we have a problem if none of our "star" players go? Will our squad be too big? Can we afford all these players? Will the newbies be happy to sit on the bench or not even make the matchday squad?

Let's say the transfer window closed tomorrow, I imagine we'd look to loan out some more of the youngsters to make sure they got some game time and I guess we'd either pay off Drmic, Trybull and Leitner or let them go somewhere on a free...

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Let's say the transfer window closed tomorrow, I imagine we'd look to loan out some more of the youngsters to make sure they got some game time and I guess we'd either pay off Drmic, Trybull and Leitner or let them go somewhere on a free...

Yup, if Lewis stays then I guess McCallum goes on loan. If Aarons stays then Bali maybe goes on loan (maybe not considering Byram's injuries). If Buendia stays then maybe Sinani goes on loan (or at least Martin will). The squad is flexible and Norwich are very good at making sure young players aren't blocked in their development.

However, no way the club will pay-off Trybull, Leitner and Drmic. They have suitors in Germany and it is just waiting for the right deal for everyone. Even if nothing happens this window there is a good chance something will in January - cheaper to keep them around and providing a little squad depth than pay off their expensive contracts. 

17 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yup, if Lewis stays then I guess McCallum goes on loan. If Aarons stays then Bali maybe goes on loan (maybe not considering Byram's injuries). If Buendia stays then maybe Sinani goes on loan (or at least Martin will). The squad is flexible and Norwich are very good at making sure young players aren't blocked in their development.

However, no way the club will pay-off Trybull, Leitner and Drmic. They have suitors in Germany and it is just waiting for the right deal for everyone. Even if nothing happens this window there is a good chance something will in January - cheaper to keep them around and providing a little squad depth than pay off their expensive contracts. 

Totally Agree 

i think the Club planning on Moving some of the Youngsters on but if that does not happen for one reason or other then then i think some of the New Signings could go out on loan 

Depends how or what they were told when they joined on how they take that 

If i was signed for the 1st team and promised i would get a chance then loaned out i do not think i would be to happy 

But i trust webber to do the right thing , he knows the Players better than me 

21 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is Maitland-Niles being signed as a full back? I know he has played there but wasn't his main gripe at Arsenal that he wanted to play in midfield.

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Has there been any progress on signing Ben Gibson from Burnley?

I read that we want to loan him initially whilst they want to sell. We're waiting to see if Burnley get any offers, although obviously we have money to buy him if we want to. 

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

David Turnbull has now signed for Celtic. It will be interesting to see how his career develops. 

Interesting. So...Celtic wanted to buy him at £3.25m then found he had a dodgy knee so called off the transfer (for which he turned us down). He stays at Motherwell and they pay for his ‘career saving’ preventative knee surgery. He signs a new contract with Motherwell near the end of the season. Then Celtic sign him anyway now for £3m and avoided all surgery/rehab costs time.

Think we dodged a bullet tbh. 

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Aston villa now after Matt cash £10 million Bid Rejected 

See Liverpool, that is the market you are working in

12 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

See Liverpool, that is the market you are working in

I Think you are Right , all golden 5 worth 20 mill plus before Virus not so sure now 

i think the hard webber 20 mill tag has made other interested clubs moving on 

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Day 46 on Ben Gibbson watch. All quiet. We await news from the north.

Here it is,

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18686337.middlesbroughs-hopes-re-signing-ben-gibson-increase/

Norwich City lodged an interest earlier this month, but the Canaries have opted to look elsewhere as they look to restructure their squad in the wake of relegation.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Here it is,

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18686337.middlesbroughs-hopes-re-signing-ben-gibson-increase/

Norwich City lodged an interest earlier this month, but the Canaries have opted to look elsewhere as they look to restructure their squad in the wake of relegation.

With the speed and almost aggression we went after Hugil, despite reports of West ham wanting more, it sort of makes sense we might have moved on. As with all positions they have a short list, Gibson might have been top but if its a no go because of fee/wages then they will be moving to the next. Just hope we can get someone in this week so they at least have a bit of pre-season with the team before the league starts.

We’ve done really well to get most of our ‘ins’ done already, but there were always likely to be some sticking points. We aren’t at the top of the tree so were going to always have to play a bit of a waiting game in a few areas. 

Need to strengthen the centre backs and move on Klose in my opinion... Even more so if Godfrey goes... Really hope Emi stays, would be mightly peeved if he was allowed to leave.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Need to strengthen the centre backs and move on Klose in my opinion... Even more so if Godfrey goes... Really hope Emi stays, would be mightly peeved if he was allowed to leave.

Klose is a fantastic guy, all around genetleman and a good laugh.. but sadly even prior to his almost season ending injury he was a bit slow and off the pace and now after the injury he's about as mobile and agile as a fridge

Mertersacker was never the quickest either, but he was strong, good in the air, had decent positioning and helped lead from the back, and Klose is our version of that.

Chances are likely to be limited as I'd expect Zimm and Godfrey as our preferred pairing if fully fit, but certainly against teams that focus more on power and aerial threat in the box, we can do far worse than Klose.

Do I think we still need another longer term option, absolutely, but unless we can buy genuine quality at the right price at this moment, then I think we're going to stick with what we have for this season at least (maybe a Jan signing).

Also, I don't think Gibson is the answer either.

10 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Mertersacker was never the quickest either, but he was strong, good in the air, had decent positioning and helped lead from the back, and Klose is our version of that.

Chances are likely to be limited as I'd expect Zimm and Godfrey as our preferred pairing if fully fit, but certainly against teams that focus more on power and aerial threat in the box, we can do far worse than Klose.

Do I think we still need another longer term option, absolutely, but unless we can buy genuine quality at the right price at this moment, then I think we're going to stick with what we have for this season at least (maybe a Jan signing).

Also, I don't think Gibson is the answer either.

Personally I don’t think Klose is strong or good in the air. Obviously injuries have had a massive effect. A lot of the time he hardly gets a jump in and often easily gets nudged off the ball. I’d love Klose to be the answer as he seems like a top guy but, in my opinion, his career at these levels Is over unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Personally I don’t think Klose is strong or good in the air. Obviously injuries have had a massive effect. A lot of the time he hardly gets a jump in and often easily gets nudged off the ball. I’d love Klose to be the answer as he seems like a top guy but, in my opinion, his career at these levels Is over unfortunately. 

Even at his peak, Klose was never great in the air. His strength was always that he was a clever defender and was good at sniffing out danger early. Before the injuries he was pretty pacy as well. 

He could come good again, if he gets plenty of game time to find his fitness and adapt to his new physical limitations. One of the hardest things for players coming back after injuries is they have to learn a new way to play.

We’ve seen this with Krul, in his first seasons with Norwich he was still trying to do the things he could do prior his injury and discovering that it wasn’t working. Now he’s got a large number of games under his belt he has adapted his game. You can see he now sets himself differently when anticipating a shot to compensate for his decline agility. He also comes out for less crosses knowing he doesn’t have the same reach he had before injury. It is part of the reason he has improved so much from the keeper who looked like liable to concede almost every shoot in his first few games for Norwich. 

Unfortunately for Klose I can’t see him being given the game time needed to adapt. He’ll be 4th choice this season, possibly even 5th choice should a centre back be signed and none sold. 

That's the point with regards to injury problems with Hanley though BYG, if we don't sign anyone AND Hanley is unavailable, then Klose will be on the Bench, and if Godfrey or Zimm also then get injured, he'll likely be starting in that situation.

I have no problem with Klose for 1 more season, as I think he'll help our younger players and whilst not at his previous ability levels, isn't awful either.

We do need to source at least 1 replacement though, particularly if an offer for Godfrey is accepted (then 2 may be needed), but as it stands at this point, we may need to rely on Klose at times this season, and let's hope that he's still got enough left in the tank for a final season swansong with us, rather than a sad decline with fans getting on his back forgetting many of the excellent games he's played for us.