Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

Yup - I doubt any of us are particularly wedded to either Gibson or Hugill as being ‘the’ answer - they are decent options to fill two gaps we all know exist.  There will be other options.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I was thinking having very limited Internet access at the moment was a bit of a pain, until I read the last four pages of this thread, and suddenly I saw the upside... 

How strange. Thirteeen approvals for just a simple off-the-cuff comment...🤓

PS. And now 14! Those many of you addicted 😍 to my ultra-long posts needn’t worry that I’ve switched permanently to brevity. I have a 2,200-worder to be unveiled sometime in September...

Edited by PurpleCanary

2 hours ago, Legend Iwan said:

Hugill's been linked to QPR for ages. If anything, I'd suggest it's the other way round: we've gone in for Hugill and QPR have subsequently signed Lyndon Dykes, who's a very similar type of forward.

Let's hope so.... We shall see. 

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Let's hope so.... We shall see. 

I read this at first as a reply to Purple’s post above. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

PS. And now 14! Those many of you addicted 😍 to my ultra-long posts needn’t worry that I’ve switched permanently to brevity. I have a 2,200-worder to be unveiled sometime in September...

I can hardly wait..........😉

Edited by BigFish

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

He’s probably going to be a substitute and come on every game in the 94th minute 

And therein lies the problem for any striker who's name is not 'Pukki' I'm afraid! Sure there were a couple of games where he sat on the bench to give Drmic a 'run out' but Farke knew we were relegated by then so it didn't matter.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Hugill wants to go to QPR and is using us to rinse as much out of them as possible 

That club is a basket case, why would any player want to go there over City? Which team is more likely to be achieving success and pushing for promotion this season?

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Can I pre-order a copy ? 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That club is a basket case, why would any player want to go there over City? Which team is more likely to be achieving success and pushing for promotion this season?

Depends on the person I guess. He may well want to come here to try and achieve something but accept he won't start every game because of Pukki. Conversely, he might like the idea of being a nailed on starter for QPR and living in London. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Hugill wants to go to QPR and is using us to rinse as much out of them as possible 

The next move for him is so important at 28 it could be his last decent move. He had a good season at QPR so they know how to get the best out of him and if he is content with championship  mid table at best so be it. No championship club will want to get anywhere near his wages of £45000 a week that is something he needs to sort out with West Ham or else i can see him being on their books for another 2 years then going on a Bosman after a couple more loans. what is his transfer worth probably half of what West ham paid for him then the wages issue. I suspect that if it is a permanent deal to a championship club ourselves included between the player and West ham they will need to cut off £25000 a week. He would be a very good option for us but not if the wages are more than  £20000 a week tops and a fee in the ballpark of what is being talked about ie £5m

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

24 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Depends on the person I guess. He may well want to come here to try and achieve something but accept he won't start every game because of Pukki. Conversely, he might like the idea of being a nailed on starter for QPR and living in London. 

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Could I pre order a first edition?

Talking about young strikers who are different, whatever happened to Ben Bremerton? Is he still at Forest? Would be a good addition to our line up.

Just now, Indy said:

Talking about young strikers who are different, whatever happened to Ben Bremerton? Is he still at Forest? Would be a good addition to our line up.

Blackburn signed him for £7m two years ago and he has scored twice since. Would not be a good addition.

30 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Blackburn signed him for £7m two years ago and he has scored twice since. Would not be a good addition.

I didn’t notice, I remember watching him thinking how good he looked. Has he been injured or just ****e? Mind you might be that he doesn’t suit to Blackburn.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'd quite like to see him sign but i'm not too bothered if it's specifically him - I'm just happy we're obviously looking at a 'different' forward option with a bit of experience. I think we need that but it doesn't exclusively have to he him.

We may still have Drmic too, what’s not to like. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sounds like we are trying to get rid although personally think he could do a job at championship level..

On a side note, speaking to my Leeds supporting uncle he's not enjoying the fact their transfer business has seen them go from trying for Cavani, to then going for Buendia, to now hoping they can sign Ryan Kent. Also looks like they aren't signing Ben White from Brighton. Fingers crossed it stays that way and they come straight back down 😉

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Pretty confident we'll be able to find at least a loan taker in Germany, he's still pretty well thought of there. Moved to England, had a crap season, didn't work out... someone will probably see him as an asset they can get on the cheap.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sounds like we are trying to get rid although personally think he could do a job at championship level..

On a side note, speaking to my Leeds supporting uncle he's not enjoying the fact their transfer business has seen them go from trying for Cavani, to then going for Buendia, to now hoping they can sign Ryan Kent. Also looks like they aren't signing Ben White from Brighton. Fingers crossed it stays that way and they come straight back down 😉

Would be nice for them to get a hiding on the opening day, wouldn’t it....

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Remember only 3 get relegated though and you’ve already chosen who😉

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Pretty confident we'll be able to find at least a loan taker in Germany, he's still pretty well thought of there. Moved to England, had a crap season, didn't work out... someone will probably see him as an asset they can get on the cheap.

Good call, would be nice to try a German forward after plenty of midfielders and defenders. Here’s hoping uncle Stuart has his eye on one. 

22 hours ago, BigFish said:

I can hardly wait..........😉

It is an in depth analysis of all the other countries that have decided to follow the example of the UK and leave the EU, so as you can imagine this requires a great deal of time-consuming research...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Lets hope none of them watched him play for us........but then he'll probably go abroad and score for fun......

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good call, would be nice to try a German forward after plenty of midfielders and defenders. Here’s hoping uncle Stuart has his eye on one. 

Another one after Dennis Srbeny you mean.

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2020 at 12:32, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

To be honest - £3m - £5m is probably the going rate for a 'bang average' Championship striker. 

Waghorn went for £8m, probably a fair comparison in terms of track record, age and ability. 

Sky Sports are saying that Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Leicester for Ben Chilwell, so i guess we might start seeing some movement for Jamal Lewis if they are interested 

On 20/08/2020 at 23:01, hogesar said:

Ha! Brill. Bloody Leeds 😂

I don't think they'll spend as much money as their fans would like them to. Some may say they might be doing a "Norwich" (that'll wind them up!) 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Ha! Brill. Bloody Leeds 😂

I don't think they'll spend as much money as their fans would like them to. Some may say they might be doing a "Norwich" (that'll wind them up!) 😉

What's funny is some of the stuff I've read on twitter about how big they are, how they're going to spend like Villa and get Champions League football 🤷‍♂️

Reality bites once clubs actually get promoted.

Doesn't matter who it is or how big the club is, their is a realisation that hits that the expectation amongst the football world is that all newly promoted clubs will spend most of the season struggling and just hoping to stay up.

Fine if you are linked with younger players who have something to prove or older players who are in the twilight of their career but generally well established players don't want to move to those clubs.

Even Emi must look at it and i think, do i want another season of struggle and be back in the Championship next year or a decent season in the Champs and hopefully be back in the Prem next year?

I would imagine from a player's perspective, two consecutive struggling seasons in the Premier league is very hard to take.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Reality bites once clubs actually get promoted.

Doesn't matter who it is or how big the club is, their is a realisation that hits that the expectation amongst the football world is that all newly promoted clubs will spend most of the season struggling and just hoping to stay up.

Fine if you are linked with younger players who have something to prove or older players who are in the twilight of their career but generally well established players don't want to move to those clubs.

Even Emi must look at it and i think, do i want another season of struggle and be back in the Championship next year or a decent season in the Champs and hopefully be back in the Prem next year?

I would imagine from a player's perspective, two consecutive struggling seasons in the Premier league is very hard to take.

Possibly but a lot of overseas players would like the kudos of having played in the EPL regardless of if their team will be fighting relegation. Not to mention the money!

In terms of relegation the EPL is so open this season. In addition to the 3 promoted clubs, I can see West Ham, Brighton, Palace, Everton, even Sheff Utd and others all looking over their shoulders. I don't think it's easy or clearcut whom a player should join, and it's probably a case of make the money while the gravy train is still on the track.