Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

3 hours ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Buendia on his way, 32m.

#lcfc in prime position to sign #ncfc star player Emiliano Buendia. Fee looks to be around £32m and a medical should be taking place in the coming days. Heres what he could offer the foxes. More on @TeleFootball

its an imitation account... aka a complete load of made up ****

Hugill is a signing I was going to suggest only yesterday, but it’s actually for once looking like it will happen, great signing if true 

if Hugill is coming in and Idah needs to go on loan, I hope Peterboro come in for him to replace Toney. A good, attacking side, close to home where he would get loads of chances. Loan until Jan with option to extend.

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Hugill has never struck me as a 'Pukki' type player and I am curious as to how we would use him in our current system/style. 

I guess it would be the fabled 'Plan B'.

To be honest, Hugill isn't a million miles away in style to Jordan Rhodes. Not particularly fast but relies on good movement and good in the air.

5 minutes ago, kirku said:

Is Hugill any good?

Not especially, reminds me of a poor man's Grant Holt, and probably closer to Wilbraham in ability level.

Relatively slow, not amazing technique or first touch, decent in the air and that's about it.

Quite how he'd fit into how we play I simply do not know, and certainly not worth any major investment, in fact, I'd much rather give Idah the chance than him tbh.

• Thanks 1

Deals with Wet Spam make me nervous. After the transfers of injury prone Jarvis and Byram it makes you wonder if they see us as a place to offload players with expensive wage demands?! 

Yes, that's what I was curious about Bethnal. Idah looks like he is coming along nicely, but we can't expect him to be a No2 striker for 46 games, not at his age.

Hugill would offer, as you say, and as I thought, an aerial threat (Q - can he defend at corners?) 

1 minute ago, Indy_Bones said:

Not especially, reminds me of a poor man's Grant Holt, and probably closer to Wilbraham in ability level.

Relatively slow, not amazing technique or first touch, decent in the air and that's about it.

Quite how he'd fit into how we play I simply do not know, and certainly not worth any major investment, in fact, I'd much rather give Idah the chance than him tbh.

Sold 🙄

Hugill isn’t our type of signing, really can’t see what he would offer! Idah given the same game time would bag 15 goals next season no trouble!

Buendia to Leicester wouldn’t surprise me, if we get 32 million would be a good move all round!

Hugill's league goals over his last 4 Champs seasons: 12 in 44, 8 in 27, 6 in 37, and 13 in 39.

That's really not bad at all. Just turned 28. At something under £5m he's probably at least a decent shout. Similar to Jordan Rhodes but younger and cheaper.

1 minute ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Hugill's league goals over his last 4 Champs seasons: 12 in 44, 8 in 27, 6 in 37, and 13 in 39.

That's really not bad at all. Just turned 28. At something under £5m he's probably at least a decent shout. Similar to Jordan Rhodes but younger and cheaper.

if we played 2 up top then yes i can see him flicking balls on if we went Route one in tight games

£5 million plus  top wages for that record i think i would go with Idah plus a youngster  or pay extra and get a better choice 

Little resale value on 28 year old unless he breaks all his own records and starts scoring 20 a season 

Never realised he was 28. Sounds like a very odd signing for that kind of money.

If Drmic can’t find a club, we’re going to have three strikers here, we really don’t need a journeyman championship player, I thought we’d gone away from paying over the odds for players who wouldn’t improve our team.

I think he’ll be an excellent signing. Strong, good in the air, home grown, tons of championship experience and not a bad goal record. Different striker to what we currently have and 5 million isn’t much in today’s market. 

Paying over the odds? The guy scored 15 for QPR last season, that’s not a bad return.  He’s clearly got something and gives a different option.

• Like 2

At £5m Hugill will be someone who is a handful at Championship level and will score goals. Experienced at that level which is what Farke and Webber  said they were looking for after all the young uns they've signed. To be fair he cant and wont be worse than Drmic.  Also £5m is nothing in transfer fees now. At 28 he has a good couple of years left. Does it matter if no profit can be gained. Look how much we are gonna get for the Crown Jewels !

• Like 1

I doubt he’ll be on less then £30k a week, will he come here for less? I know he’s capable at this level, but so is Pukki & Idah.

Not sure about it really but heck we’re all entitled to our own thoughts, time will tell.

Last season we weren't willing to spend anything to give ourselves a fighting chance in the Premier League; now we're considering dropping 5m on West Ham's 5th choice striker, a player whose goalscoring record at this level can be best described as 'poor to average'.  If he were 22 I could maybe see the investment potential but at 28? No thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I doubt he’ll be on less then £30k a week, will he come here for less? I know he’s capable at this level, but so is Pukki & Idah.

Not sure about it really but heck we’re all entitled to our own thoughts, time will tell.

That is an unknown. 

With Hugill you know exactly what you are going to get. A proven Championship striker who can do the dirty work and give the Plan B everyone said Norwich lacked last season. Basically, Jordan Rhodes 2.0. 

Strikers cost money, even not fantastic ones - but you won’t find any other strikers who scored 15 goals in the Championship last season for less than £5m. 

He’s not someone I’m a huge fan of, but can see his appeal to Webber and Farke for being the guy to bring one when facing a deep defence that doesn’t allow the room in behind for Pukki. Norwich relied on a lot of goals that were scored through the eye of a needle in the Championship winning season. Take away Buendia and there may not be the player to make those precise passes. Having someone like Hugill who can scrap a goal or ten is could be vital. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That is an unknown. 

With Hugill you know exactly what you are going to get. A proven Championship striker who can do the dirty work and give the Plan B everyone said Norwich lacked last season. Basically, Jordan Rhodes 2.0. 

Strikers cost money, even not fantastic ones - but you won’t find any other strikers who scored 15 goals in the Championship last season for less than £5m. 

He’s not someone I’m a huge fan of, but can see his appeal to Webber and Farke for being the guy to bring one when facing a deep defence that doesn’t allow the room in behind for Pukki. Norwich relied on a lot of goals that were scored through the eye of a needle in the Championship winning season. Take away Buendia and there may not be the player to make those precise passes. Having someone like Hugill who can scrap a goal or ten is could be vital. 

At the risk of bringing up that particular discussion again, wouldn't we be better to get Jordan Rhodes for presumably a fraction of the price? I'm not particularly keen on either player but 5m for Hugill is robbery.

Edit - To clarify, I think Rhodes was brilliant for us and seems like a nice bloke. When I say I'm not keen, I really like him but I do not think signing him is a particularly progressive move.

Edited by All the Germans