Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes and not too tall either, a kind of.....err.......mini-skipp

He's quite a unit, LDC. Not tall, but looks really strong. Very good defensive midfielder from what I've seen of him. We've all been banging on about how we need a good one. It's possible we'll have three options for the coming season. 

Edited by BobLoz3

Another good competitive option Skipp would be. Played versus Barcelona and gave a good account of himself. An improvement on the likes of Trybull & Leitner, who im sure will be off soon. Its about adding quality in all positions. A welcome loan in my book.

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

He's quite a unit, LDC. Not tall, but looks really strong. Very good defensive midfielder from what I've seen of him. We've all been banging on about how we need a good one. It's possible we'll have three options for the coming season. 

Yeah, I was just making a joke out of it 🙃

Skipp looked maybe the best Tottenham player in the cup game against Norwich. He is certainly a tough tackler and very press resistant. Norwich’s midfield in 2020/21 looks better than the Premier League midfield. Although without a Leitner style ball mover I worry it could get a little stodgy 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hes yet another midfielder 

Again, for the folks in the back...

SIGNINGS DO NOT HAPPEN IN ANY SORT OF ORDER

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Skipp looked maybe the best Tottenham player in the cup game against Norwich. He is certainly a tough tackler and very press resistant. Norwich’s midfield in 2020/21 looks better than the Premier League midfield. Although without a Leitner style ball mover I worry it could get a little stodgy 

Could Vrancic be that person? If he wasn't so labored and injected a little more urgency in his play, that role could be his. Do you think Leitners game is done with us? Its interesting to watch developments with such players to see whether Norwich deem them worth of a second championship assault or whether to cut their losses now.

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Didn't we pay about £3m for him? Or have I made that up? Seems an expensive player for us to loan??

Having had a closer look at McCullum, the staff may think that he's not quite ready to be starting for us every week, but don't want him sitting on the bench for a season. 

It would be quite the turnaround to have Quintilla and Heise as left backs for next year!

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

Didn't we pay about £3m for him? Or have I made that up? Seems an expensive player for us to loan??

Webber said that the package deal could be worth up to £3m, but said that the guaranteed payment to Coventry was a lot lower. Basically said to get the full amount McCallum would have to win an England cap.

Quote in full

Edited by Icecream Snow

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just pointing out we are rather heavy in the midfield.

Are we? 

Tettey, Trybull, Sorenson, Rupp, McLean, Thompson, Sitti, Vrancic, Leitner are our central midfielders.

Tettey has said himself he's playing less of a role. Trybull and Leitner are surplus to requirements. Thompson and Sitti likely to be loaned out. 

Leaves Sorenson, Rupp, McLean, Vrancic. Sounds as if Skipp is a more physical, strong tackling midfielder which looking at those names seems to be something very much missing.

I agree that if Skipp is coming in, that's very much the central midfield sorted. 

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Having had a closer look at McCullum, the staff may think that he's not quite ready to be starting for us every week, but don't want him sitting on the bench for a season. 

It would be quite the turnaround to have Quintilla and Heise as left backs for next year!

I cant see Heise having a future with us

6 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Could Vrancic be that person? If he wasn't so labored and injected a little more urgency in his play, that role could be his. Do you think Leitners game is done with us? Its interesting to watch developments with such players to see whether Norwich deem them worth of a second championship assault or whether to cut their losses now.

Leitner is definitely out of the picture. Once he proves he’s recovered from surgery there are a long line of Germany clubs interested in signing him. 

Vrancic is great at many things, but he gives away possession A LOT, even for his style of play. He’s great to bring on when the opposition sit deep and don’t press as he can pick a pass or hit a long shot. Norwich will be the aggressor more in the Championship so Vrancic should have more of a part to play, but he’s a little bit of a ‘one note’ player. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Again, for the folks in the back...

SIGNINGS DO NOT HAPPEN IN ANY SORT OF ORDER

Or as we saw Last season, sometimes not at all!

Just now, Yellow and Green said:

Hence the 'quite the turnaround' part.

Sorry its monday... I didnt see that part

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend Iwan said:

Rumour has it that we're getting Oliver Skipp in on loan from Spurs

If we can sign Hopp and Jumpp as well, our midfield will be sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

57 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Spurs staff call Skipp 'FEC'

Future England Captain 

Sounds like Mike Atherton, though whilst it was reported that FEC meant that according to his autobiography it was actually F**** Educated C***

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I know Andy, he's certainly not the kind of bloke to make sh*t up for the sake of it. He used to post on here a few years ago, don't think he does any more though.

12 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I know Andy, he's certainly not the kind of bloke to make sh*t up for the sake of it. He used to post on here a few years ago, don't think he does any more though.

I would assume that as he has roots at Boro and is training with them at the moment he probably favours a move back there although Boro probably don;t have the cash to do it if we are also in the hunt. He may be hoping to get us out of the picture so Burnley have to do a deal with Boro. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Surely that depends on what Sorenson is like and also the three that play in front of them. If (appreciate big if) we still have Emi, Cantwell, Stiepermann and Onel supplemented with Placheta and possibly also Sinani as options behind Pukki and Idah then I don;t really have a problem with playing two more solid midfielders behind them. Tettey, Mclean, Sorenson and Skipp would appear to give us 4 decent options for the two deeper midfield roles and allow us to rotate them during what will be a heavy schedule. Bit harsh on Trybull if he is being ditched as he;s not done a lot wrong but I guess we need to find midfielders who can cope if we go up again and he just does not quite have the mobility at the top level. 

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Could Vrancic be that person? If he wasn't so labored and injected a little more urgency in his play, that role could be his.

Cant see Leitner coming back now although his rapid ball movement was key to breaking a press,   and I dont see Mario changing his passing style this deep into his career.   

If Gibson is not happening then a player who has always impressed me (albeit perhaps I saw him on a good day) on loan at various clubs is Carter Vickers from Spurs. He was very good against us in a very poor sc*m team a few seasons ago. I suppose the fact he's constantly gone on loan and never seems to have quite made the breakthrough suggests that there are flaws in his game that those who watch him more often may see but would on the face of it be one who falls within our budget if we are after some younger CB cover. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, I was just making a joke out of it 🙃

Anything for a good ol' pun hey? ☺️

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If Gibson is not happening then a player who has always impressed me (albeit perhaps I saw him on a good day) on loan at various clubs is Carter Vickers from Spurs. He was very good against us in a very poor sc*m team a few seasons ago. I suppose the fact he's constantly gone on loan and never seems to have quite made the breakthrough suggests that there are flaws in his game that those who watch him more often may see but would on the face of it be one who falls within our budget if we are after some younger CB cover. 

Carters-Vickers had a good few months at Luton after not really impressing at Stoke. Tottenham have transfer listed him and would accept only a couple of million apparently - Luton are looking to resign him.

I don't think he'd offer that clear upgrade on either Hanley or Zimmermann, which is what any new centre back signing would need to do (assuming Godfrey leaves, which I think is far from a certainty). 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Carters-Vickers had a good few months at Luton after not really impressing at Stoke. Tottenham have transfer listed him and would accept only a couple of million apparently - Luton are looking to resign him.

I don't think he'd offer that clear upgrade on either Hanley or Zimmermann, which is what any new centre back signing would need to do (assuming Godfrey leaves, which I think is far from a certainty). 

Yes although for the purposes of this season i'm not that bothered about an upgrade as Hanley and Zimm are both good enough. Its not leaving us exposed if we continue ti get injuries that bothers me. 

I am vaguely reassured by the lack of meaningful speculation around Cantwell, Godfrey, Aarons, Emi and Pukki at the moment. I think the club are resigned to Lewis going and seem to have accepted we will sell him and I am sure bids will emerge for other players in due course but I am less convinced than i was that we will lose all of them this summer.