Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I feel I have explain as you clearly missed the point totally... So here we go.

Maddison HAD to be sold or the club faced real financial difficulties based on over spending

Villa WOULD have to had to sell or the club faced real financial difficulties based on over spending

Wrong we could have solved that by borrowing against CR. Our problem was that would have been seen as really bad mismanagement.

Villa, I believe, no longer own their ground, and what they owe in total would not be covered by the sale of one player, nor even the whole squad suspect

but do carry on slagging off our club, if it severs some purpose in your life

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Jesus... Gibson would be a fantastic signing for us. If he doesn't sign for Middlesbrough it will be down to Burnley and finances.  Would be sad to see Cantwell go as he is a talented lad but losing him and Buendia would be unacceptable in my books.

Gibson still hasnt played a game of football in two years.. Then again to be fair Krul was a bench warmer for a year at Brighton and look how he came back from that

EFL HUB Twitter account are saying that we are apparently interested in West Ham’s  midfielder Josh Cullen. 5ft 9in 24 years old,he spent the last 2 seasons on loan at Charlton & then on loan at Bolton before then

10 minutes ago, Top corner said:

EFL HUB Twitter account are saying that we are apparently interested in West Ham’s  midfielder Josh Cullen. 5ft 9in 24 years old,he spent the last 2 seasons on loan at Charlton & then on loan at Bolton before then

I'll say it.......not another midfield player 

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gibson still hasnt played a game of football in two years.. Then again to be fair Krul was a bench warmer for a year at Brighton and look how he came back from that

Gibson would be quite expensive cover for CB as his wages are very high at £45k a week. Suggests either Godfrey or Klose will leave?

If we were to lose both Cantwell and Buendia our attacking threat diminishes considerably. Finding like for like replacements would be very difficult. Emi needs a new contract as well by the sound of things!

Another midget just what we need.  Requirement is for players to give us more physicality and that comes with size ourfront 4 in PL Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki, and Hernandez all small which hampers us defensively.  Lewis again small up against giant CB's a forlorn effort also Aarons a veritable hobbit.  Get more physical athletes otherwise we will suffer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I can’t see it happening, he has been out on loan for at least the last 3 seasons & he’s 24 years old. You would think he would have been closer to West Ham’s first team by that age.

13 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Don't think it is any secret that Norwich are looking for another defensive midfielder. 

I wouldn't believe anything you see on EFL Hub though.

17 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Watched him 3 or 4 times when playing on loan for Bradford. Fans loved him and often the pick of the team. They knew he was a step above.

Neat, progressive and keen to have the ball. Wouldn't be against having him for sure if one of our 'smaller' (😉) midfielders were to leave.

Edited by sonyc

It is difficult when talking about players who haven't been playing much for clubs. All the usual assumptions are rolled out. And that is understandable.

But look at Traore. Now rated at £100M. And our club pulled Crook, Bowen and Culverhouse from Spurs dungeons.

It is always nice when the club buys a player we have heard of and maybe seen. But sometimes we just cannot afford them.

30 minutes ago, Top corner said:

May I be the first to say he was ****ing brilliant for me on a game of football manager 18 so we should sign him.

• Haha 1

Norwich were linked to Cullen earlier in the year, along with a bunch of other teams, so that either makes this more likely or is just a rehash of an old rumour!

Can't argue that he'd be a good addition in the midfield though.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Wrong we could have solved that by borrowing against CR. Our problem was that would have been seen as really bad mismanagement.

Villa, I believe, no longer own their ground, and what they owe in total would not be covered by the sale of one player, nor even the whole squad suspect

but do carry on slagging off our club, if it severs some purpose in your life

Couple of points William.

I do not slag off our club, I question the custodians of our club whilst also praising some of the great work they have done. Try and keep it civil.... There's a good chap.

Point two, I really don't care for Villa as much as a lot on here, I just point out some similarities you seem to have forgotten. In fact Villa is not a club I wish to discuss on here... Unfortunately they have taken over from Fulham as everyone's whipping boys to the point of obsession.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was knocking on England's door couple of seasons ago but not happened for him at Burnley but would be great in this league with regular football IMO.

15 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Badly run and in a division higher than us... 

Forgive me, I forgot there's always one numpty in this particular village who takes obvious jokes as seriously as possible.

31 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Couple of points William.

one step up from Billious I suppose

(and always interesting/revealing to see who addresses me by a variation of my login name 😉)

8 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Forgive me, I forgot there's always one numpty in this particular village who takes obvious jokes as seriously as possible.

Doh... My bad! 

Ps. Don't take anything on here seriously least of all my posts

Edited by Kenny Foggo

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Don't be too hard on yourself x

don't make it too obvious😏

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

one step up from Billious I suppose

(and always interesting/revealing to see who addresses me by a variation of my login name 😉)

william is not an insult

4 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

What makes you say that?

Chris Reeve has said he ‘thinks’ there will be one to launch the kit and it seems a lot of supporters have taken that to mean there definitely will be. 

The publicity shots for the new kit will have been done before the end of last season, so I can’t see how a new signing can be used to launch the kit. 

Could be a signing announcement tomorrow of course, but don’t think it will be used to launch the kit. 

Bill seems to think he is only one aloud an opinion, we all do.Forum police comes to mind

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Chris Reeve has said he ‘thinks’ there will be one to launch the kit and it seems a lot of supporters have taken that to mean there definitely will be. 

Would Chris Reeve know these sorts of things? Not going to hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

I guess he has some contacts at the club and gets titbits of information every now and then. Whether he has been told something or just guessing is another thing. 

I wouldn’t imagine the club would do a signing and a shirt launch on the same day. Normally you’d space things out, but with a short pre-season and all the players returning to Colney soon they may just throw a lot of announcements all together. 

55 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

It might be Chris Reeve modelling the new kit, let’s wait and see.