Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause it gave me a laugh.

Then you wouldn't happen to be Max Parsons-Williams would you cambridgeshire?

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Alan Nixon the guru of all things football says we are after Ben Gibson

I like it 

That was quoted on here weeks ago by someone (can't remember who) but like you I'd like it.

Got to wonder why he didn't get in at Burnley and he went there for big money.

Gibson has been training with Boro since the restart, so they would seem the most likely destination for him. 

Would be a good signing, if he hasn’t deteriorated dramatically while not playing for Burnley - there have to be question marks why he has never had a look in there despite them forking our £15m for him. 

It was only three years ago that Gibson that was called up to the England squad, and was rated very highly. I've just checked his stats and since his move to Burnley for £15m two years ago, he's played one Premier League match. What on earth has happened to him? Buying him sounds very risky, so a loan with an option to buy would make more sense.

I guess he may be training with boro as that’s nearer to where he’s from and still has connections at the club.  Whatever, it certainly seems likely he’ll be moving this close season, Burnley certainly hasn’t worked out for him.

45 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It was only three years ago that Gibson that was called up to the England squad, and was rated very highly. I've just checked his stats and since his move to Burnley for £15m two years ago, he's played one Premier League match. What on earth has happened to him? Buying him sounds very risky, so a loan with an option to buy would make more sense.

Hes also on 40 grand a week. Will he really want to take half of that if not less to join us?

16 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Could it be as simple as Mee and Tarkowski staying fit for the whole season? 

Having just checked, they've only missed nine games between them in the last two years which does explain a lot, but Gibson has only been involved in a matchday squad once since November and has played only one match in the last 18 months despite, to the best of my knowledge, not being injured in that time as he has been on the bench for the odd game here and there.

He doesn't appear to have ever been even third choice since joining Burnley, which seems peculiar considering he was so highly thought of three years ago and Burnley paid £15m for him.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hes also on 40 grand a week. Will he really want to take half of that if not less to join us?

His uncle is worth several hundred million, so he doesn't need the money 😉

Half joking, half serious. Someone with that sort of family background can afford to put playing football ahead of simply choosing the most lucrative financial option. 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Maybe this and the Pukki to Burnley rumours are connected? 

Can’t see Burnley being interested in a striker that can’t head the ball. 

I wonder if Norwich’s name have been thrown in to try and push Boro to make a better offer on Gibson’s wages, or even make it a transfer rather than a loan. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can’t see Burnley being interested in a striker that can’t head the ball. 

I wonder if Norwich’s name have been thrown in to try and push Boro to make a better offer on Gibson’s wages, or even make it a transfer rather than a loan. 

Likely I guess, he's a Boro boy through and through and if he's going to take a pay cut to play anywhere it will be there. 

Just depends on whether Boro can muster up enough money to get him back, although I believe there is a substantial amount outstanding on the deal that took him to Burnley that get written off to take him back.

All logic says he's going back home.

7 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Likely I guess, he's a Boro boy through and through and if he's going to take a pay cut to play anywhere it will be there. 

Just depends on whether Boro can muster up enough money to get him back, although I believe there is a substantial amount outstanding on the deal that took him to Burnley that get written off to take him back.

All logic says he's going back home.

I mean hes not played a game of football in two years

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean hes not played a game of football in two years

Judging by our last 10 results/performances it looks like the whole of our current 1st team squad haven't either....

• Haha 1

If Alan Nixon says we are in for him it’s good enough for me

all down to as some say is he up for a new challenge or going to home pastures

Not that I believe the newspapers, but if Buendia for £20m and Aaron’s on loan are remotely true, then our negotiating model is telling us a few porkies

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not that I believe the newspapers, but if Buendia for £20m and Aaron’s on loan are remotely true, then our negotiating model is telling us a few porkies

Do you have a link? 

8 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I don't believe the Aarons valuation for a second or the loan option. He is a better player than Lewis quite obviously, so if Jamal is worth £20m then he's worth more. And £20m for Buendia would be a steal - I get that he's not English but in a team like Everton or Wolves he would be awesome.

22 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Aarons on loan?  Where on earth have you seen that??

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Aarons on loan?  Where on earth have you seen that??

It was in the Mirror today and is on the front page of the Pink’Un website. 

The theory is that the market is really stifled this summer so Norwich might be open to loaning Aarons for a season with a future fee attached. Allowing clubs to defer spending until things are in a more stable place. 

Covid has caused some unprecedented times, so there is a chance we will see some very different types of transfers this summer. Things are very slow at the moment with transfers and some clubs are getting a bit nervy due to this. 

47 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It was in the Mirror today and is on the front page of the Pink’Un website. 

The theory is that the market is really stifled this summer so Norwich might be open to loaning Aarons for a season with a future fee attached. Allowing clubs to defer spending until things are in a more stable place. 

Covid has caused some unprecedented times, so there is a chance we will see some very different types of transfers this summer. Things are very slow at the moment with transfers and some clubs are getting a bit nervy due to this. 

Its still a weird thing to do though. Why not just keep him and sell him next summer if we don't bounce back? Will the loan fee really be that big?