Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

55 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Whilst he was criticised heavily whilst with ncfc previously, he may well suit Farke's style of play and ticks the 'experience' box that we are looking to add. 

Bennett for Godfrey? No

Bennett for Klose? I'd probably take that.

Pretty much my thoughts, he's an experienced centre back and I always thought he was underrated here. Especially when he ended up sidelined so Russ could be moved to CB, where he constantly underperformed and yet Benno never got a look back in.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't think Bennett would be a very wise replacement for Godfrey. Assuming our other CBs stay, that would leave us with Klose (32), Bennett (30), Hanley (28) and Zimbo (27). Would rather we looked to sign a younger, up-and-coming centre back than a 30-year-old.

Although if Klose leaves too, Bennett would be a more than decent replacement.

Famewo and Bushiri are the up and coming centre backs ready for next season (2021-22)

Edited by Dr Greenthumb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As it says, if he's rated that highly, would he come to a Championship club? Although if our main competition for him really is Middlesborough, apparently our "Championship rivals", we should be ok. 😂

Edited by Nuff Said

A couple of poor performances and the lad would be crucified, doubt it would work out when fans were hardly enamoured towards him first time round. 

19 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Famewo and Bushiri are the up and coming centre backs ready for next season (2021-22)

21/22 will be make or break seasons for those two here IMO- Famewo will turn 23 and Bushri 22 that season, no longer really youngsters in football terms.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

21/22 will be make or break seasons for those two here IMO- Famewo will turn 23 and Bushri 22 that season, no longer really youngsters in football terms.

I’d imagine after two seasons of loans, they should be ready, I can definitely see one breaking through soon (Famewo)

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest I'd prefer someone like Rob Dickie who would probably have an easier time adapting to the league and having a somewhat senior British member of the squad acting as a leader is what the young players need.

43 minutes ago, Renskay said:

To be honest I'd prefer someone like Rob Dickie who would probably have an easier time adapting to the league and having a somewhat senior British member of the squad acting as a leader is what the young players need.

Hanley's that, he's our club captain for a reason.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hanley's that, he's our club captain for a reason.

He can consume more pies than all the others, is that the reason?😉

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

He can consume more pies than all the others, is that the reason?😉

He's deceptively fast. Much, much faster than Klose and Zimbo, and not far behind Godfrey.

EDIT: https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/137683-fastest-player-in-the-squad/

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's deceptively fast. Much, much faster than Klose and Zimbo, and not far behind Godfrey.

EDIT: https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/137683-fastest-player-in-the-squad/

Maybe, unfortunately it takes him five seconds to process he needs to run, so it makes him look slow on the pitch. 
Still if he’s not injured next year could do a decent job when called on at this level.

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

Maybe, unfortunately it takes him five seconds to process he needs to run, so it makes him look slow on the pitch. 
Still if he’s not injured next year could do a decent job when called on at this level.

That's harsh in the extreme. He's not a world-beater, but I expect him to be a rock next season if he stays fit.

• Like 1

So the Independent (as reported on this site) reckon Liverpool are leading the chase for Lewis but are only willing to spend £10m - that’s got to be a bit of a laugh, if they are seriously interested it has to be more than that, surely.

You wouldn't have seen Southampton selling a player of Jamal's potential to Liverpool for £10M!

Clyne went for over £12M a few years back.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

I guess a swap deal with this guy +£10m-£12m might be an option - Brentford are interested and can pick a good player. I don’t quite see why Max, Godfrey and Emi seem to be talked of as £20/£30m players but Jamal appears so much less.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Webber's comments about going somewhere where you actually play, and don't just sit on the bench seem a lot more pertinent now. Especially the comments about being called in tears when it hasn't worked out (presumably Jacob Murphy)

It makes me think some of these deals have been on the cards for a while. 

Farke spoke about coming back with a different set of players. I can't see us increasing the squad after relegation and we like to replace the outgoing players in advance. 

I can't see McCullum coming in as back-up when it was likely that he would be first choice in the same division. 

Perhaps we have been trying to up the price, this could stop the deals. 

From the reliable Sexy Bennett

·13m
I’ve been told initial fees won’t be as high as it is being predicting (mostly by fans to be fair) the club are pushing for substantial sell-on percentages instead. Especially Godfrey. Look at Sancho’s path.

Also The Pinkun reporting that club want offload Leitner & Trybull.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

From the reliable Sexy Bennett

·13m
I’ve been told initial fees won’t be as high as it is being predicting (mostly by fans to be fair) the club are pushing for substantial sell-on percentages instead. Especially Godfrey. Look at Sancho’s path.

Also The Pinkun reporting that club want offload Leitner & Trybull.

I'm sure Farkes been wanting to sell Leitner since he called him a **** manager behind his back a year ago

Whilst having a look at WACCOE to see if there are any Leeds rumours regarding Buendia, their interest in Ben Godfrey was cited by a local Leeds journalist. Apparently he is their back up choice if they cant get Ben White from Brighton. The interesting bit is that this journalist (Beren Cross) believes that Godfrey is on his way to Dortmund, presumably once they have sold Sancho for megabucks. I have no idea whether he has got this info from contacts at Leeds or indeed how reliable he is. Bethnal - have you heard anything?

Here is the Buendia link...see below as link didn't work first time

Edited by sonyc

10 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Having seen Dennis Man's agent, there's  no wonder SW is dragging negotiations out. 

You piqued my curiosity....wow.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Look what I shared: Relegated Norwich willing to listen to offers for Emi Buendia | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/norwich-transfer-news-emi-buendia-premier-league-championship-rumours-gossip-latest-a9656786.html

Here is the Buendia link

Its interesting the pattern this all follows. We get in a load of cheap signings early on in the window and then the stories of big money outward moves slowly start to materialise and fans are more accepting of the departures as we "already have replacements" and don;t tend to focus so much on the disparity between what we've spent and what has been received

Makes you wonder who is feeding these stories to the press at times and why we are "willing to listen" to offers. I expect similar stories to start breaking about the likes of Cantwell and Pukki soon. seems we are "willing to listen" to offers for any players provided they are high enough.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

seems we are "willing to listen" to offers for any players provided they are high enough.

Is that not a reasonable position?