Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

the 9 million wages will be spread over 3 years not out of the money we get from sales this season 

3 million this season

it does not mean they don't have to be budgeted for

transfer fees are paid over three or so years, but it does not mean provision is not made to meet those annual payments

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

the 9 million wages will be spread over 3 years not out of the money we get from sales this season 

3 million this season 

Don't forget that players coming in will be replacing others and our saleable players are going to be on good salaries. The only additional amount to be found is the difference between incoming and outgoing players 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

3 million this season 

Still has to be accounted for, paying on the 'never never ' doesnt mean it doesnt have to be budgetted for.  It all comes off the bottom line, christ does everything dicussed on this board have to allow for the lowest common denominator of savvy. Maybe it does.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we ever needed proof the majority of posters here are boomers

Honestly, what is it with people imposing labels on one another? Brexiteer, remainer, boomer, millenial, snowflake, leftie, rightie etc etc. If people stopped seeing each other for what's different and trying to put them down for that with stupid nicknames and tried to actually get on with each other, the world would be a much better place.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Don't forget that players coming in will be replacing others and our saleable players are going to be on good salaries. The only additional amount to be found is the difference between incoming and outgoing players 

Yep, seems that we do have to go through the common sense and taken for granted every time transfers are discussed.  

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There would never have been a better time to replace the main stand, opportunity missed. 

The opportunity hasn't been missed yet. In the current situation it would be crazy to build a new stand without the money in the bank. But I would suggest that the board is being prudent and thinking there is no point in building a stand if, as seems likely, a vaccine isn't found. 

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

Honestly, what is it with people imposing labels on one another? Brexiteer, remainer, boomer, millenial, snowflake, leftie, rightie etc etc. If people stopped seeing each other for what's different and trying to put them down for that with stupid nicknames and tried to actually get on with each other, the world would be a much better place.

No chance, Hippy dreamer😉👍😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The opportunity hasn't been missed yet. In the current situation it would be crazy to build a new stand without the money in the bank. But I would suggest that the board is being prudent and thinking there is no point in building a stand if, as seems likely, a vaccine isn't found. 

Agree, there may well be some kind of Govt.stimulus package announced that could save us millions.

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No chance, Hippy dreamer😉👍😆

Prolly a binner. 😉

10 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

How many times does a good topic end with in-house arguments? Most of us have the club at heart. I just wish some people would just refrain from a derogatory reply just because a poster they disliked commented. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Ok boomer

41 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

How many times does a good topic end with in-house arguments? Most of us have the club at heart. I just wish some people would just refrain from a derogatory reply just because a poster they disliked commented. 

Nonsense. Nothing about my reply was derogatory. In fact it was calling out a derogatory reply. The thread will go on regardless. And what does you having "the club at heart" have anything to do with anything? 

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely if true then these clubs have made an illegal approach for Godfrey. 

Are they allowed to approach agents? I know direct contact with players is illegal. 

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ok boomer

Oh Cambridgeshire. Coming from one of the biggest knobs on this forum, any acknowledgement of my difference to you is most welcome.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Still has to be accounted for, paying on the 'never never ' doesnt mean it doesnt have to be budgetted for.  It all comes off the bottom line, christ does everything dicussed on this board have to allow for the lowest common denominator of savvy. Maybe it does.

No because you budget per year on wages on your normal income not on the income which is when we sell high value Players that would be where we were before , you can not put that 9 million away for the whole of the contract that is not how accounts work 

budget yes but not come off transfer income as you will also be saving the players wages you are selling 

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

Nonsense. Nothing about my reply was derogatory. In fact it was calling out a derogatory reply. The thread will go on regardless. And what does you having "the club at heart" have anything to do with anything? 

I wasn’t taking about you, I was making an observation about how threads seem to steer off topic. 
as for having the club at heart, this forum is infiltrated with trolls from other clubs, so I was making the point that all comments are not coming from a Norwich viewpoint. 

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Are they allowed to approach agents? I know direct contact with players is illegal. 

I understand clubs usually informally talk with agents to ascertain interest etc before negotiating with clubs. Or else every club with a vague interest would have to agree a fee first before they could even see if they are wasting their time.

1 minute ago, vlad666 said:

I wasn’t taking about you, I was making an observation about how threads seem to steer off topic. 
as for having the club at heart, this forum is infiltrated with trolls from other clubs, so I was making the point that all comments are not coming from a Norwich viewpoint. 

Ah - fair enough. My apologies for getting it wrong 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Oh Cambridgeshire. Coming from one of the biggest knobs on this forum, any acknowledgement of my difference to you is most welcome.

Calm down Grandad, you'll give yourself a heart attack at this rate.

Get a sense of humour and smile once in a while

054.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

That's supposed to be how it works but we all know that clubs tap up players who then force the issue with their current clubs.

I read/saw (can't remember which) an interview once about how fergie used to approach players he wanted directly.

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That's supposed to be how it works but we all know that clubs tap up players who then force the issue with their current clubs.

I read/saw (can't remember which) an interview once about how fergie used to approach players he wanted directly.

Let's be fair- If you are a "big club" you can quite easily get away with breaking the rules.

15 minutes ago, mastoola said:

It may be the rule, but I get the impression that it never happens.

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I thought it was ok if the owning club gives permission, 

so A C Milan can ask Godfreys agent if he would like to move and what sort of wages etc before they agree a fee but only with NCFC permission 

Of course they will know a figure we have in mind first 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Calm down Grandad, you'll give yourself a heart attack at this rate.

Get a sense of humour and smile once in a while

054.jpg

What's a meam son?

2 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

Binner

• Haha 1

Had a good long read through this thread.

The main question that springs to mind is: Have some of you actually heard yourselves?

Jesus. No wonder this forum is becoming a medium for people to just abuse each other.

• Like 1