Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Except hes not even playing at Brighton hes off on loan do keep up

err no

his loan finished, as do all loans at the end of the season, and so he is back with his parent club

now do run along and annoy someone else

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

err no

his loan finished, as do all loans at the end of the season, and so he is back with his parent club

now do run along and annoy someone else

And has yet to make 0 appearances for Brighton and is on a long term contract 

Now fo run along and annoy someone else

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Surely by now we have learnt our lesson about buying players with an injury record

The thing is that slightly older/experienced guys are almost certain to have had the odd spell on the sidelines at some point in their career.  That shouldn’t mean you don’t want to sign them, but there’s clearly a happy medium with the likes of Matt Jarvis at one end who we obviously want to avoid!

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

Where he will become a great DMC...

Run DMC /#?

did you see them, as well as Peter Green ?

maybe you were at Woodstock as well

8 minutes ago, Jools said:

Where he will become a great DMC...

Omg let it go. 

Literally everyone in football sees him as a centre back. 

If we only invest half of player sales, if all four wonder kids go that still means webber will have about 30+ million to spend. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

I think of Max, Todd, Ben, Emi and Jamal, it's Ben I would most want to keep. Typical I guess is that he will go!

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

If we only invest half of player sales, if all four wonder kids go that still means webber will have about 30+ million to spend. 

It’ll be a lot more than £30m

Great move for him if it comes off, and I trust Webber to get the best deal for the club

And again it highlights the sh ite the media puts out as Godfrey has not been mentioned in relation to a move

much as many of the signings have come 'unexpected'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

a bit more, I would suggest

as I cannot see less than £100m for the four

ps take off their debt, and anyone of those youngsters would give us enough to buy the binners...... though some might suggest the sale of Tettey would be enough for that purchase 😆

17 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Omg let it go. 

Literally everyone in football sees him as a centre back. 

Aye, I recall when many in football saw Gareth Bale as a fullback -- I also remember Ronaldo arriving at Man U as skinny teenage winger and leaving as Ballon d'Or winner in a central midfield role ... 😎

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we ever needed proof the majority of posters here are boomers

Yes, we outnumber the Snowflakes thank God...

30 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

I Do Not know what they will do with the money if they sold all 4 wonderkids 

say they got around 90 million 

i am pretty sure the club will not spend 45 million on players !! 

i imagine out of the 90 million it will be maybe a new stand ? improve anything at the ground / training ground / virus short fall / pay any debts owed ( if any ) etc 

they will have to spend it due to tax but i can not see the club spending 45 million on players 

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i imagine out of the 90 million it will be maybe a new stand ? improve anything at the ground / training ground / virus short fall / pay any debts owed ( if any ) etc 

they will have to spend it due to tax but i can not see the club spending 45 million on players 

It's not 45mill just on fees though, that would include agent fees, wages etc. I agree, I struggle to see us spending that much even including those though.

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

We have significant losses to bring forward which will help with the tax situation. The problem with spending on a new stand is that a lot of the expenditure won't qualify for any tax relief. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There would never have been a better time to replace the main stand, opportunity missed. 

That still doesn't resolve where you are going to put the 4000 displaced from the Main Stand

One vital thing to remember is that for any ready made experienced player that we buy, who will be at the top end of our earners( otherwise I doubt theyd come), you can add approx 1 million per year in wages to their purchase price. So if we bring in 3 of that ilk, on 3 year contracts , that that's 9 mill  straight out of the 'huge transfer kitty '. 

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

That still doesn't resolve where you are going to put the 4000 displaced from the Main Stand

Lots of residential/nursing homes in Norwich. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Aye, I recall when many in football saw Gareth Bale as a fullback -- I also remember Ronaldo arriving at Man U as skinny teenage winger and leaving as Ballon d'Or winner in a central midfield role ... 😎

I honest to god cannot remember Ronaldo playing in central midfield ever or being considered one

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lots of residential/nursing homes in Norwich. 

shhhh, that's where Til sits 😃

21 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

One vital thing to remember is that for any ready made experienced player that we buy, who will be at the top end of our earners( otherwise I doubt theyd come), you can add approx 1 million per year in wages to their purchase price. So if we bring in 3 of that ilk, on 3 year contracts , that that's 9 mill  straight out of the 'huge transfer kitty '. 

the 9 million wages will be spread over 3 years not out of the money we get from sales this season 

3 million this season 

Edited by norfolkngood