Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

50 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He has a habit of quoting what others have already speculated so I'm going for Pukki to Burnley

If anything it may well be a transfer out, but based on what Farke said the other day I would expect probably at least two and perhaps three more transfers in to the first team squad. We need a third (second?) keeper and I imagine he is looking for a Championship-level streetwise striker and ditto central defender.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If anything it may well be a transfer out, but based on what Farke said the other day I would expect probably at least two and perhaps three more transfers in to the first team squad. We need a third (second?) keeper and I imagine he is looking for a Championship-level streetwise striker and ditto central defender.

If we need experenced Championship keepers, Darren Randolph and Keiren Westwood are decent shouts, pretty sure we could afford their wages too.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we need experenced Championship keepers, Darren Randolph and Keiren Westwood are decent shouts, pretty sure we could afford their wages too.

can't see them happily sat on the bench. Would rather we put one of our youth lads there.

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I didn’t specify a Championship-level keeper, although that would be nice. At the moment we have only Krul, McGovern and Oxborough. I know nothing about the latter, but his career so far doesn’t seem to suggest he would be adequate cover, and ditto now for McGovern.

2 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Mike van der Hoorn Maybe??

Really good shout. 6 foot 3 inches and in his prime. More importantly, I think he is now out of contract so would be free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Randolph is a gret shot stopper but is uncomfortable playing the ball out with his feet.

Someone on another post or forum mentioned ron robert zieler from Hannover 96, who we were apparently sniffing around last summer. German international said to be wanting a move and counts as homegrown because he was a youth in England.

3 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Very odd you should mention him as a friend literally said to me an hour or so  ago that we were potentially signing him. 

I have no reason to believe said friend would have any inside knowledge so I'm not sure what he was basing it on! But there ya go. 

Edited by BobLoz3

32 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Very odd you should mention him as a friend literally said to me an hour or so  ago that we were potentially signing him. 

I have no reason to believe said friend would have any inside knowledge so I'm not sure what he was basing it on! But there ya go. 

It's being circulated on twitter. The account in question is known to be a bit dubious

He's available on a free and a good championship level ball playing defender, experienced but not over the hill, can see why he's being linked. He also spent a good chunk of last season injured so he'd fit in well.

That being said I can see him being in demand, I doubt we'd want to spend that big on his contract.

Injuries can happen to any player at any time, but if it’s a recent bigger one involving surgery (as with van der Hoorn) you’d want to be absolutely sure he’s clear of it with a very busy season coming up.

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I would have thought we'd be more interested in someone like Cameron Carter-Vickers at Spurs, 22/23 with a year on his contract left.

Farke's recent interview suggested that we are taregtting proven Championship experience

19 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

He's available on a free and a good championship level ball playing defender, experienced but not over the hill, can see why he's being linked. He also spent a good chunk of last season injured so he'd fit in well.

That being said I can see him being in demand, I doubt we'd want to spend that big on his contract.

"He also spent a good chunk of last season injured so he'd fit in well"

I know you're joking, but the last thing we need is yet more players with bones made of glass

1 minute ago, Desert_Fox_2 said:

Farke's recent interview suggested that we are taregtting proven Championship experience

Carter-Vickers has played 92 games at this level.

I remember putting his name forward a few weeks ago when someone mentioned the idea of Spurs offering players in part-exchange for Aarons. He certainly fits the profile, but is he actually that good? He seems to get moved around quite a lot and his five Championship loans don't ever seem to be steps forward. Is he another Godfrey, in the sense that he's good physically and technically but struggles defensively?

7 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

There was rumours on Twitter mate. Said we were in talks. No idea if true 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vlad666 said:

I cannot stand that Acura  sports account, they are just throwing random names at players to link us with. The main talk on Twitter is that he is going to Trabzonspor.

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Injuries can happen to any player at any time, but if it’s a recent bigger one involving surgery (as with van der Hoorn) you’d want to be absolutely sure he’s clear of it with a very busy season coming up.

Surely by now we have learnt our lesson about buying players with an injury record

11 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

It's being circulated on twitter. The account in question is known to be a bit dubious

Ah right! Maybe that's where he came up with the name! I don't like Twitter much, so very rarely use it 

4 hours ago, vlad666 said:

There was rumours on Twitter mate. Said we were in talks. No idea if true 

That makes sense!

17 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Alan Nixon says there's a story featuring Norwich in tomorrows Sun. God knows if it's interesting or even accurate.

Hold on to yor hats. This is big.

🤨😀

• Haha 2

No links or stories but rather just a personal opinion of a player that could well fit...

Shane Duffy (Brighton) - 28 years old - Centre Defender

On the back of Farke's latest interview stating that we had now finished our young player recruitment and would now be focusing on 'experienced' players, think Duffy could fit the mold very well. Brighton have just bought another centre-back (highly rated Ajax player Joel Veltman) with Brighton thought to now be willing to off-load Duffy. He's tall and strong in the air, plenty of experience both domestically and internationally and in his prime years. I reckon he would be available for a similar fee to what we paid for Hanley (around £2.5-3.5m).

Edit: After further research, he also played alongside Hanley at Blackburn between 2014-2016. 

Edited by Bovril

4 minutes ago, Bovril said:

No links or stories but rather just a personal opinion of a player that could well fit...

Shane Duffy (Brighton) - 28 years old - Centre Defender

On the back of Farke's latest interview stating that we had now finished our young player recruitment and would now be focusing on 'experienced' players, think Duffy could fit the mold very well. Brighton have just bought another centre-back (highly rated Ajax player Joel Veltman) with Brighton thought to now be willing to off-load Duffy. He's tall and strong in the air, plenty of experience both domestically and internationally and in his prime years. I reckon he would be available for a similar fee to what we paid for Hanley (around £2.5-3.5m).

I mean, he would be a fantastic signing for us.. if he wasn't on 42 grand a week.

You think he would happily take more than halving his wages to go down a divison?

Wages could definitely be a stumbling block (although every player is different in terms of how badly they want first-team football and a guaranteed wage rise upon promotion the following season could be enough of an attraction?)

Alternatively a loan may work for all parties?

3 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Wages could definitely be a stumbling block (although everyOstigard would be a more likely target player is different in terms of how badly they want first-team football and a guaranteed wage rise upon promotion the following season could be enough of an attraction?)

Alternatively a loan may work for all parties?

He has another three years on his contract - so highly unlikely

though another CB at Brighton Leo Ostigard might be a better fit

1 minute ago, Bill said:

He has another three years on his contract - so highly unlikely

though another CB at Brighton Leo Ostigard might be a better fit

Ah yes, as we are talking about Farke going on about buying proven experienced top flight players a 20 year old who has not played a single game in a top flight divison fits that bill

He fits the bill as to looking at CB's from Brighton ie the price range

(do keep up)