Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

I guess we don't know our reply yet?

There is a World of difference in a reply that says

"Not for sale at all, don't bother asking again" and

"Not for sale at all, but out of sheer curiosity what price were you thinking of offering"

I would imagine the private reply is similar to the public one.

'We want to keep our players, don't have to sell, but if you make a good offer we will have to consider it'.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

WTF does that mean - "are you open to giving him away for nothing?"

Think it is more a 'how open are you to selling?'. Bournemouth for example were very open to selling Nathan Ake when they got a similar call from Man City.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Interest line in an Athletic piece about Leeds' strategy on promotion.

'Leeds have made contact with Norwich about Emiliano Buendia after they dropped back to the Championship but the enquiry was described to The Athletic as "only a small ask".' 

What's the difference between a big ask and a small ask?

Big ask: "Hello sir, I'm a representative of Leeds United football club, seeking to enquire about the availability of one of our players, Emi Buendia. Is he available and if so what is the asking price?"

Small ask: "Alright lads, how much is Emi?"

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Big ask: "Hello sir, I'm a representative of Leeds United football club, seeking to enquire about the availability of one of our players, Emi Buendia. Is he available and if so what is the asking price?"

I think it is the difference is how much of a priority he is to Leeds. A small ask is probably an exploratory call to see how receptive Norwich are, a big ask would be the start of an official offer for the player.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that they used to "own" Emi, via Getafe, but he's not one of their players yet.

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think it is the difference is how much of a priority he is to Leeds. A small ask is probably an exploratory call to see how receptive Norwich are, a big ask would be the start of an official offer for the player.

Buendia to Leeds would make sense, looking at how important Hernandez is to them and his age.

Cambridge probably monitoring Hernandez as their Hoolahan successor in a couple of years! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Buendia to Leeds would make sense, looking at how important Hernandez is to them and his age.

Cambridge probably monitoring Hernandez as their Hoolahan successor in a couple of years! 

It definitely makes sense, he suits their style and is a player they have looked at before. 

The issue is that Leeds don't have a huge amount to spend and they have several holes they want to fill (they also have an issue where they are obliged to pay £16m to make a loan signing permanent but they don't want the player anymore - that will likely end up in the courts).

Unless Emi is cheap, or Leeds make him a higher priority, I can't see him heading there. 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

(they also have an issue where they are obliged to pay £16m to make a loan signing permanent but they don't want the player anymore - that will likely end up in the courts).

Which player is that BYG?

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Which player is that BYG?

Just googled and looks like Helder Costa.

But looks as if he is now a permanent Leeds player? 

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26751/helder-costa-deal-becomes-permanent

He's a good player though him, but suppose his wages will be a barrier to us being open to any sort of part-exchange deal.

£20m + Helder Costa.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

that will likely end up in the courts

Sounds like a good reason not to sell them any players, if they then change their mind and don't want to pay.

That's another thing about transfer fees though isn't it, people say "He's worth £30m", or whatever.

There surely has to be a price for Leicester and a price for Leeds. You'd trust well run Leicester to meet all the payments, would want more from a basket case club like Leeds and more of the fee up front from them in case they default or go under. 

Agree with BYG cannot see emi to leeds.

See they want a few home grown players back including old boy delph.

I think emi is a maestro, beautifully balanced, touch is superb and actually like roger Federer can make the game look easy. He can be past players before they know it or his vision is already ahead of so many.

For me one of the best players I have seen in a NCFC shirt for quality on the ball.

If he goes it should be to a bigger club. But tbh I think the interest may well be in the young hone grown lads and I am happy with that. As another thread notes who is more replaceable, they are.

We just need a few more players to be able to give buendia the ball in space and now he has pacey wingers to deliver that ball to for those goals and chances.

Build a team around emi and you would have a very good group

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Jean-Kevin Augustin 

Ah fair enough, oddly it was also £16m for Costa. They seem to like that £16m number.

Not enough to buy Emi though, unless that's just the downpayment. 

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

(they also have an issue where they are obliged to pay £16m to make a loan signing permanent but they don't want the player anymore - that will likely end up in the courts)

Saw this the other day, any idea why it didn't work?

14 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Saw this the other day, any idea why it didn't work?

Bielsa.

He either takes to a player or he doesn't. If he doesn't like someone almost straight away, they will struggle to win him over. 

He struggled with injuries basically so not managed to get a fair chance yet. That's why Leeds don't wanna spend the money

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Far from the finished product and does give away the ball far too frequently in the premiership. Cantwell is better technically IMO, i just think Cantwell will be in more demand than Buendia.

It’s chances created I am bothered about and cantwell is behind buendia in that department. I’m ok with cantwell being in more demand. Don’t get me wrong, keeping both would be good, but it’s inevitable there will be (at least) one going.

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

He struggled with injuries basically so not managed to get a fair chance yet. That's why Leeds don't wanna spend the money

He was overweight too 

8 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It definitely makes sense, he suits their style and is a player they have looked at before. 

The issue is that Leeds don't have a huge amount to spend and they have several holes they want to fill (they also have an issue where they are obliged to pay £16m to make a loan signing permanent but they don't want the player anymore - that will likely end up in the courts).

Unless Emi is cheap, or Leeds make him a higher priority, I can't see him heading there. 

Surely not, a fine, upstanding club like the venerable Leeds United would never behave in such a manner...

It's not overly surprising that Leeds are trying to wriggle out of it.

If we'd stayed up (and hadn't cancelled his loan) we would've had to buy Amadou (I believe). A deal made in a bygone era..

The JKA situation at Leeds isn't simple, the loan deal stated that should they get promotion they'll be obliged to buy him for £18 million, however the deal ended on the 1st of July and as Leeds hadn't been promoted by that date they are saying the original deal is null and void. Add in the fact that the player doesn't want to move to Leeds now and neither the manager or the club want him either this will have to be settled in the courts but it does tie the club's hands a bit as regards to getting players in. 

Buendia is seen as a possible successor to Hernandez but I'm not sure Leeds would pay silly money for him, would a tenner do?😀

14 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Nah, Amadu would have been a Norwich option. Doubt Seville would have taken him back otherwise.

We were only obliged to sign him if we stayed up.

43 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Alan Nixon says there's a story featuring Norwich in tomorrows Sun. God knows if it's interesting or even accurate.

He has a habit of quoting what others have already speculated so I'm going for Pukki to Burnley

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Alan Nixon says there's a story featuring Norwich in tomorrows Sun. God knows if it's interesting or even accurate.

I mean it's the Sun, you're better off trusting a crackhead to not try and mug you than belive anything the sun says

Edited by cambridgeshire canary